Knee Surgery Results. (1 Viewer)

Quicksilver-75

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
So two weeks after having my fourth child Hannah the gods thought it necessary to have the doctors book my knee surgery (the second in the last few months) this past Wednesday. Going in I was told I would "walk out of the hospital". I sure wish I could talk to the doctor again...:mad:

I have had several operations over the last couple of years. The biggest being a discectomy and spinal decompression. That was a cake walk! I'm just curious to as to who else here has had knee surgery and your opinions on it and the length of time to recover. As you can tell from the picture where I have both legs flexed there is some slight swelling.....:p

IMG_20141218_215008.jpg

I've had an ACL reconstruction... I won't fathom a guess on your recovery time, because I had complications and I still have problems over 20 years later, but then again, I put my knees through some abuse.

But what I will say is this:

DO THE EXERCISE THE THERAPISTS TELL YOU TO DO.
DO ALL OF IT.
DO IT AS DIRECTED.
NO, JUST SHADDUP AND DO IT.

My experience, and that of others I've spoken to, make clear that's one of the most important things you can do in order to feel better sooner, and do better long-term. Nobody wants to do their physical therapy, and it's especially hard to do the stuff you're supposed to do on your own, but it makes a huge, huge difference in outcomes.

I'm putting off a knee replacement as long as I can still hobble around the tennis court and play doubles. I expect a minimum of six months for near full recovery.

What exactly did you have done? Can't be a replacement if you walked out...

-- Larry

When my Wife had her's done , she was in bed with a machine moving her leg for about a month.

he came through it fine.....

I wish you a swift recovery.

Whole heartedly agree with the 'Do all the physio' (and more if ypu can manage it) sentiment.

It's critical for regaining optimum mobility, so something to take seriously. :)

Mine was more accurately a true blowout I guess. I managed to shred the meniscus and created a flap where a part still attached would tuck under and stop my knee from opening fully. So the doctors decided to just remove the cartilage and grind down the bone ends where they meet and make them smooth. But my knee in the condition it's in now is just un-f'n-believable. Praying for a quick recovery now..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom