Kind of Like Them All (1 Viewer)

davesilver88

Two Pair
Reaction score
anyone else feel this way?

I used to think I was a solids / hot stamps guy. After looking more and more, and obtaining some samples from CPC (CSQ Rounders & AC H/S), I find myself liking both! I just ordered another sample set, HHR AC Inlay, and I can’t wait for them to get here.

I anticipate all of you being a terrible influence to my wallet, and I very much appreciate it! Lol.

And because I like them all, I find myself wanting to simply get a stock set from CPC, hopefully to hold me over for a few years as I digest my own concepts / themes / designs for a custom set. Curious about your thoughts on this too.

I used to think I was a solids / hot stamps guy. After looking more and more, and obtaining some samples from CPC (CSQ Rounders & AC H/S), I find myself liking both! I just ordered another sample set, HHR AC Inlay, and I can’t wait for them to get here.

I anticipate all of you being a terrible influence to my wallet, and I very much appreciate it! Lol.

And because I like them all, I find myself wanting to simply get a stock set from CPC, hopefully to hold me over for a few years as I digest my own concepts / themes / designs for a custom set. Curious about your thoughts on this too.
The hold you over for a few years is laughable, otherwise I fully agree! Lol, wont be that long. Personally I wouldnt want to pay that much for a hold-me-over set but to each their own for sure.

HHR is really nice, got a rack of reds and really like them.

The hold you over for a few years is laughable, otherwise I fully agree! Lol, wont be that long. Personally I wouldnt want to pay that much for a hold-me-over set but to each their own for sure.

HHR is really nice, got a rack of reds and really like them.
Fair enough. It probably will laugh at it too after I pop my Cherry. I’m still a virgin who doesn’t know any better

I'm on board with a "hold me over" set. There's lots of reasonably priced ones out there that are a lot better than dice chips and can be resold for a reasonable price later. Stock CPCs are expensive but can be resold too, or maybe you'll just keep them...

Don't forget about Key West H molds from @dennis63 either.

I did exactly this. I had a set of CPC Rounders to hold me over in the beginning. Obviously we can't predict the future, but some of the stock CPC sets seem to have a decent resale value and broad market appeal. I think I only lost about $100-$150 dollars when I resold my CPC Rounders a couple of months ago.

I am a buy once cry once type of person, who am I kidding, I’m gonna buy ‘Vaht eveah da fuok I vant’

So I think buying a tight hold over set is actually a good idea. I would go as budget minded as possible.

I am very happy with most of my choices on my CPC set, but I also want another set. Not because I don’t like my current set, I just love diversity and I can’t put a 2 a 2.50 and an 8 chip in the game :wtf: So 2 sets will have to do!

I bought 2 racks of 25s, I should have bought a rack of 25s and a rack of 20s. No worries I’ll fix it this year

All of the stock sets at CPC are pretty nice.

If you happen to like them all, I'd suggest going for the Rounders CSQ set. In the event you decide to move on from that set, it's probably the easiest one to resell.

Didn't mean it dismissively at all, just warning against the "just to distract me" set. Enjoy, what a fun time.
I didn’t take it that way at all, all in good fun. Thanks for the advice and I appreciate all the support. MOAR CHIPS

Love my CPC Rounders set, most of my group is a big fan of the movie so they appreciate them.

But once you go CPC custom, you won't want to stop designing and ordering sets. I have a CPC cash and Tourney and am already designing a new Tourney set.

I'm on board with a "hold me over" set. There's lots of reasonably priced ones out there that are a lot better than dice chips and can be resold for a reasonable price later. Stock CPCs are expensive but can be resold too, or maybe you'll just keep them...

Don't forget about Key West H molds from @dennis63 either.
I’ve seen these Key Wests from time to time. I just went to Dennis’ website and learned more, very cool story! I will definitely be considering these now too! More samples?! Ugh haha. Thanks for sharing!

If you happen to like them all, I'd suggest going for the Rounders CSQ set. In the event you decide to move on from that set, it's probably the easiest one to resell.
Agreed here. I would also get the $25, $100 and $500 denoms for my .25/.25 cash game because they're seen in the KGB movie scenes, and make sure the breakdown works for tourneys too.

I’ve seen these Key Wests from time to time. I just went to Dennis’ website and learned more, very cool story! I will definitely be considering these now too! More samples?! Ugh haha. Thanks for sharing!

These samples will be useful if your end game set is custom CPC, and they can be resold too.

Good advice, thanks!

Love my CPC Rounders set, most of my group is a big fan of the movie so they appreciate them.

But once you go CPC custom, you won't want to stop designing and ordering sets. I have a CPC cash and Tourney and am already designing a new Tourney set.
1681313872444.gif

it looks like you've been on PCF for awhile, but welcome!

My only advice would be to consider a 44mm set from CPC. They are more expensive, but way worth the extra cost in my humble opinion. I avoided CPC 39mm's because I wasn't a huge fan of the weight and feel compared to other similarly priced chips I own. HOWEVER, I pulled the trigger and ordered a 44mm set and I LOVE THEM!! Many of my players like them more than many of my Paulsons, BCCs, and TRKs. I could see myself being content for a while with just a 44mm CPC set.

Good luck and enjoy the ride!! :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom