Kentucky Derby (1 Viewer)

Copper44

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
I am really surprised that a bunch of card degenerates aren’t into horse racing more!

Someone out there has to be excited as I am for today, a day filled with betting and bourbon!

Who you all going with today? I’m thinking Maximum Security for the win with Spinoff as my longshot in my Superfecta.

It’s my favorite day of the year, hands down!!! Having a party at the house, and getting the TVG account loaded up!

I grew up on harness racing, going to the Yonkers and Roosevelt racetracks in NY with my cousin to watch his dad. Started going at age 11. Made my first bet at the windows at 12. My uncle was leading driver there for many years and now my cousin is one of the leading drivers at Freehold Raceway in NJ.

[WARNING: Old Codger Rant Ahead!!!]

The Derby is a freak show,and the Preakness is always a waste of time. Serious three-year-old racing has always started with the Belmont and Travers.

Of course, a sport that emphasizes immature animals over mature racehorses wasn't ideal to start with, but...

Some of us old-time enthusiasts bailed as they gradually weakened the American Thoroughbred through bad breeding and crap like lasix. When they started shortening classic races, like the Belmont from 1.5 miles to 1.25, it was the death knell.

There will probably never be another Secretariat, let alone another Forego or Kelso, and that's a damned shame.

Pltrgyst, the Belmont is still a mile and a half....once around Big sandy.
The Derby , with 19 hosses is great value to bet into.

Win Win Win and Code of Honor for me

Just a small wager on Improbable :watching:

F55A3AC8-6ED2-4075-9262-DC82F5D59A56.jpeg

Ugh I got screwed on this derby! I hit the exacta and trifecta before it got ripped away. Ended up with a $2 w/p/s with this biggest upset ever

Lol, there were nine people that threw down $20 right before the race at the game I was at tonight. Winner was paid out and then had to go around and pay everyone back after they overturned it (no one had 2nd place).

Does anyone disagree with the DQ ruling of the winner?

I agree with it. He clearly impeded 3 horses on the last turn with a lot of distance to go. The 20 horse was probably impacted as well, but doesn't matter since his movement across affected multiple contenders.

I disagree with it. The 1 hoss had no business trying to hit a hole that closed fast. 19 hosses on a. Iffy track there’s gonna be contact. It didn’t change the finish as war of will faded badly late and was never winning it.

I am really surprised that a bunch of card degenerates aren’t into horse racing more!

Someone out there has to be excited as I am for today, a day filled with betting and bourbon!

Who you all going with today? I’m thinking Maximum Security for the win with Spinoff as my longshot in my Superfecta.

I went with drinks.

OK, I made some ill fated bets too... but you always win with drinks.

EDIT: Just found out I binked my pick to place, which erased my losses and turned a 63% profit. :cool

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom