3d printed rack (1 Viewer)

Plans in the works, printers and filament on the way along with some other ideas up my sleeve.

Quick question.
What color or colors would you want your poker products made from.

So far I only picked up a few limited basic colors and lots of black, white, silver and clear in PLA and PETG.
Black

I don't know what other people think of these rack trays, but I love them. Designed to fit in the Apache covered racks (i.e. Matsui clones).

I prefer the clear versions now, but the color verisons are also very cool. Especially for solids.

1700504823279.png

Would a urethane or epoxy stacker be an acceptable alternative to 3d printed if the cost could be kept around $10-15 plus shipping per set?
Sure. We’d buy them if they were made out of cardboard. Basically we will buy whatever’s available.

I’d repeat some advice above - don’t take orders. Sell only what you have in inventory and made. Keeps everybody happy and helps you keep your life.

4th print since first printer came late last night.
Very first was a turtle that came on the SD card. The first was a shell that turned out great but got stuck on the body that goes in it. I think there was an issue with the design because it wouldn't finish printing just going to a spot and sitting there even after pausing and restarting multiple times. I then printed a temp tower and every temp looked the same.... amazing. Sliced up a chicken stl I drew about a year ago, best guessed a the settings and printed pretty darn good for first try at the file on this printer. I'll tweak a few things yet, but racks are next.
20231125_002003.jpg

First one took 36 minutes. I removed raft, rounded edges, and made a few minor adjustments and increased infill from 25% to 40%
26 minutes to print the one that's printing now with the changes.
Should be able to print small trays like that with a skirt instead of a raft which saves time and means you don't have to sand off the edges. If it doesn't work you may need to improve your bed adhesion with a glue or tape.

Should be able to print small trays like that with a skirt instead of a raft which saves time and means you don't have to sand off the edges. If it doesn't work you may need to improve your bed adhesion with a glue or tape.
The large boxes I make are done with skirts. It's rare I have to do a brim (or raft), so definitely doable on these smaller pieces.

Tried 3 more with different settings. All seemed to be worse.
Got a 4th one printing now back with brim and slower speed to prevent warping like the last 2. 50 minutes now :( They are all still useable but not up to my expectations. I'll probably just give them away if I can't sell them.

I just found out it costs $125 per year to sell my racks on here. It's no wonder small operations especially rack making ones don't get past the starting gate. Pretty hard to justify paying that much if I may not even make enough profit to cover that in the next 4 months besides material and anything more than pennies an hour for my time. Was really looking forward to trying to at a bare minimum help supply a few fellow chip members with stuff not available anywhere else.
Maybe I can still just make a few extra for local guys and not add shipping hassle and cost into the mix.

Last edited:
Well, if you’re a site vendor, it’s expected that you are going to make a profit on your sales, so you just need to price your items where you make it worth your while. Maybe you should post a listing of potential items and each item’s price point, to get an idea if people will pay it. Then you can decide to either get the vendor tag or scrap it.

Prototype in process. I'm sure it will need lots of work yet but it's what I came up with that is different than anything I've seen.
"Str8 Stacker"
8 rows wide. Planning multiple heights. 5, 10, 20, 25
20231126_200236.jpg

How much space is typically between chips using the other style stackers?

Last edited:
Prototype in process. I'm sure it will need lots of work yet but it's what I came up with that is different than anything I've seen.
"Str8 Stacker"
8 rows wide. Planning multiple heights. 5, 10, 20, 25
View attachment 1230642
How much space is typically between chips using the other style stackers?
Typically the barrels are flush.

I've heard a few people say they were not sure what to do with their racker stackers to store them. They were not useful after their job is done.

I have an idea to make them useful after the stacking by adding a few extra tabs on the back to be tipped and used to hold two decks of cards.

It may look a touch dumb but should be functional killing two birds with one stone material and needs wise.

Thoughts?
Pics to come.

A lot of people just use these to rack their chips for pictures. How about making it into a camera stand?
At first I thought you were joking but maybe. Any suggestions on implementing that?

I'm not sure about your latest creation Sparkynutz, seems a bit weird to me.

I like the stackers and have something similar used for photos and prettifying chip stacks when setting up games. I have singles and a 5-barrel one but I wouldn't go any bigger. 8-wide seems an odd choice? I can't remember seeing stacks that aren't based around 5x20 when sets are laid out.

I want mine to be single purpose, not sure I'd want packs of cards attached (they can live elsewhere) as it makes it a bit clunky and makes it awkward to use.

When I've used mine I put them in a drawer.

I'm not sure about your latest creation Sparkynutz, seems a bit weird to me.

I like the stackers and have something similar used for photos and prettifying chip stacks when setting up games. I have singles and a 5-barrel one but I wouldn't go any bigger. 8-wide seems an odd choice? I can't remember seeing stacks that aren't based around 5x20 when sets are laid out.

I want mine to be single purpose, not sure I'd want packs of cards attached (they can live elsewhere) as it makes it a bit clunky and makes it awkward to use.

When I've used mine I put them in a drawer.
I agree 8 is a bit big but I have been asked for a 10 row which won't fit on my printer so 8 is the biggest I can do.
If nobody likes it I'll still use it myself for stacking up 8 player starting stacks and the cards put on it afterwards ready to go.
5x20 is still possible to make, but I'm trying to come up with new ideas besides the ones that have already been done.

I agree 8 is a bit big but I have been asked for a 10 row which won't fit on my printer so 8 is the biggest I can do.
If nobody likes it I'll still use it myself for stacking up 8 player starting stacks and the cards put on it afterwards ready to go.
5x20 is still possible to make, but I'm trying to come up with new ideas besides the ones that have already been done.
I feel like the reason there has only been a 5 wide one before is because there are only 5 barrel wide racks. Which would leave the excess unused.

20231210_174149.jpg

20231210_174159.jpg

20231210_174141.jpg

99% dialed in. Reduced walls to 5 and infill to 30% but still solid and heavy. 3.5 hr print time.

Currently printing my 5th chicken today. I've been tweaking model to eliminate a few supports and trying to get overhangs to look acceptable.
Dialing that model in has been much trickier.
Should be able to sand and paint well enough for my use tho or worst case target practice for my nephews bb gun I got him for Christmas.
20231210_174916.jpg

Attachments

• 20231210_174916.jpg
    20231210_174916.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 23

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom