Is it morally and/or ethically wrong to sell marijuana in a state where it is illegal to do so? (1 Viewer)

Is it morally and/or ethically wrong to sell marijuana in a state where it is illegal to do so?

• Yes

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • No

Votes: 34 72.3%

• Total voters
Morals and ethics shouldn't side with the law because "it's the law". Morals and ethics should come from your belief system. So the fact the legality shouldn't impact your decision. Unless your with law enforcement. That's a different moral dilemma. Some things that are immoral are illegal and some things are not.

Selling weed to a friend - fine. Generally, no one gets hurt.

Selling weed to a minor or someone with known substance abuse problems, or selling it as full time employment is much less ethical in my opinion.

But the critical question is, how safe is it to do so? We live in a nominally free country with one of the greatest prison/jail populations in human history. I say it isn't safe, not because of the customers but because of law enforcement.

Let me put this another way. I wouldn't convict anyone of a marijuana crime if serving on the jury except under the most remarkable conditions. I would be as passive resistant as I could be during jury selection knowing that my age, race, and background could lull the prosecution into making bad assumptions. Though I never have used the stuff, I believe it should be openly sold just like tobacco. i.e. in every retail outlet in the country.

Limited government my ass -=- DrStrange

I legitimately read this and thought, "What a dumbass - it's not kilomiles per hour."

It could have been phone typing that was supposed to be kmh, or I could have meant that. :D Given my proximity to Canada there are tons of times when you are trying to figure out why you are doing 15mph or so under the speed limit then spot the white license plate and it all makes sense. From here on out I will now refer to that kind of driving as the kilomileperhour effect, the practice of applying mph speed limit to km/h speedometer. :)

Voted yes because

image.jpeg

"kmph" isn't a thing. The (only) correct abbreviation for kilometres per hour is km/h.

lol k thanks.

You'll notice in a later post how I pointed out it must have been a phone auto correct thing, I had just typed mph so I'm sure that has something to do with it, then later in the same post I used the (only) correct abbreviation. (y) :thumbsup:

lol k thanks.

You'll notice in a later post how I pointed out it must have been a phone auto correct thing, I had just typed mph so I'm sure that has something to do with it, then later in the same post I used the (only) correct abbreviation. (y) :thumbsup:

Yup all good. Not sure why I felt the need to post that. I have a pet peeve (several, if I'm honest) about metric abbreviations, I guess! :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom