Tourney Does it make sense to do bomb pots and/ or stand-up games in a Tournament? (1 Viewer)

ctestb

High Hand
Reaction score
Friends of mine do not like to play cash games so we play tournaments, but I like watching bomb pots and stand-up games and think it "could" be fun in a tournament setting, just not sure it makes sense or has the same effect. Thoughts?

I don't think so. Those games are to increase action and variance in cash games; the increasing blind pressure should be driving action in a tournament.

You could do the stand up game right before rebuys end. Once the stand up game is over, rebuys are over. Could be a lot of fun.

You can also do bomb pots. Tourneys are starting to incorporate them…

Adding action inducing features will diminish the effects of skill / increase the effects of luck. Is this going to be "fun" for your gang? Not sure I can say one way or the other. I would be careful about making changes that effect specific players more than others. e.g. the stand up game or similar items. It would be easy to come to feel the rules are being bent to pick winners or losers.

Might be worth a test, maybe as a special event / holiday thing. Maybe an April fool's day sort of thing. One warning - the rules for when / how these features happen needs to be clear. Can't have the host pulling stuff seemingly at random.

Have fun -=- DrStrange

No, this would destroy the metagame aspects of playing a tournament. I've tried to think of any scenario that would make this make sense but I can't.

Friends of mine do not like to play cash games so we play tournaments, but I like watching bomb pots and stand-up games and think it "could" be fun in a tournament setting, just not sure it makes sense or has the same effect. Thoughts?
Love it!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom