Is chiptalk dead? (1 Viewer)

Not BS... I can attest to what he went through was laid out in that message. And then some!

Mother... and she went somewhere that was so far off-the-grid that it literally was impossible to get them back.
And as far as we know, it may have been totally in the best interest of those children to remove them from his reach or contact. Two sides to every story.

There were a number of long standing issues that lifetime members had with the site. There is more to the backstory then what is written in Greg's e-mail.
Word. That’s why I wasn’t asking or talking about that. In a vacuum, I wouldn’t do well without the littles. Prolly just didn’t need to post. Stupid Barry.

Word. That’s why I wasn’t asking or talking about that. In a vacuum, I wouldn’t do well without the littles. Prolly just didn’t need to post. Stupid Barry.
I feel bad for asking questions too, I think it's a flaw in our human nature to get information we don't have to fill in gaps. Because we are all united in this chipping hobby, knowing people have information makes it hard not to ask. CT sounds like a mecca of history for chips. I do apologize to those who are upset this is rehashed. I'm with @BGinGA on this we don't know both sides. I just pray the kids are in the safest environment as they can. And if they aren't hopefully one day they will unite with that place/person that is safe. Sad sad

:cautious:

This is really not the place and is horribly unfair to discuss Ten's (Greg's) personal issues openly in a public forum. I would hope the mod's would consider killing some of this content. Even though most of this was well known to most of the CT membership, posting personal/private convo's is never a good thing (even if many years have past).

I whole heartedly agree, and I did report the post as I don’t feel it should be on a public forum.

There’s no love lost by me for CT or how it was run at the end, but we can still separate that from Greg’s private life imo.

It doesn’t hurt to have some integrity, deserved or not.

I agree that if I had similar things going on in RL, everything would be put on hold. Can't fault him there.

And pure irresponsible speculation on my part, but I can't help but think that seeing what happened to the Pharoahs made it difficult to reliquish control on anything.

posting personal/private convo's is never a good thing (even if many years have past).
While I tend to agree (and have actively chosen to not publicly post that specific info myself), I'd argue that given the vast number of people who received that communication from him hardly qualifies it as 'private', and nondisclosure was not specified as a prerequisite for receiving it.

"I'm telling you a secret, but don't tell anybody else" rarely works.

FWIW, I did remain on CT as a active contributor after the mass exodus here to PCF (while simultaneously protesting CT's management's treatment of the paying members), and was promptly publicly shit on by first his mommy, and then by him, wrongly backing her up. I've since let karma deal with it, and it's done a fine job as far as I'm concerned. Fuck that guy.

Last edited:
While I tend to agree (and have actively chosen to not publicly post that specific info myself), I'd argue that given the vast number of people who received that communication from him hardly qualifies it as 'private', and nondisclosure was not specified as a prerequisite for receiving it.
This, exactly.

Perhaps I bumped this thread when it should have been better off forgotten about. I was a CT member in maybe 2007-2010ish I think and kind of took a sabbatical until 2017, all of this was news to me, so this context is good to know. Hate to hear about a situation where someone is separated from their children - whatever the reason or the quality of the human being.

"I'm telling you a secret, but don't tell anybody else" rarely works.

FWIW, I did remain on CT as a active contributor after the mass exodus here to PCF (while simultaneously protesting CT's management's treatment of the paying members), and was promptly publicly shit on by first his mommy, and then by him, wrongly backing her up. I've since let karma deal with it, and it's done a fine job as far as I'm concerned. Fuck that guy.

And you blasted me for posting about karma being doled out to someone I was wronged by?? Sometimes your hypocrisy knows no bounds.

I didn't start chipping until late 2015, so I missed a lot of this. However, my heart sank when I read the word "abduction" (forcibly taking someone away against their will). I probably researched for 30 minutes hoping they found the kids, worried about them being sold off as sex slaves. Shitty Liam Neeson movies played in my head on repeat (guess I should have researched what the Hague Treaty was).

I don't want to downplay anyone's pain of being disconnected from their kids. However, someone "abducting" your kids is a lot different than "Mommy fled country with kids because [insert reasons that could very well be related to daddy]".

Again, not my business to judge, and I'm sure it didn't make it any easier on the father to lose his kids, but I do believe it was positioned in a certain way for effect/deflection.

Last edited:
Is Chiptalk dead?

Yes.

CT was run like a business. Every business needs a plan for succession, or it will fail when the owner/CEO is no longer capable of helming the enterprise. "TenPercenter" failed to do that and it has been lost. Had he developed a plan, he may still have income from that project - but he did not.

Reasons as to why he was unable to continue are irrelevant. Fate, domestic issues, health problems... sooner or later, failure is always assured without a plan.

I just wish I could use the chip factory there since the Paulson version here was removed. I've got more label projects in my head and mocking them with the GPI spots and colors (even though not perfect) is a great tool to have before hunting the chips...

Yup, it would help me with my fruit GB as well :p

Is Chiptalk dead?

Yes.

CT was run like a business. Every business needs a plan for succession, or it will fail when the owner/CEO is no longer capable of helming the enterprise. "TenPercenter" failed to do that and it has been lost. Had he developed a plan, he may still have income from that project - but he did not.

Reasons as to why he was unable to continue are irrelevant. Fate, domestic issues, health problems... sooner or later, failure is always assured without a plan.

I really need you to be my small business advisor. My plan lately has been to drop everything and run to the mountains to get some stokeage if more than 8” of snow fell the night before. I don’t remember that particular lesson from any of the classes I have took, might need to re-evaluate. ;) :D

Seriously? Get a fucking life, you miserable stalker.

Dave, you really are something. I don’t know that I’ve ever seen a bigger hypocrite than you, no matter the issue. You blast flipping, which I’m totally on board with, but you are oh so selective in who gets the flipping hall pass. If it’s someone you don’t like, they get the typical Dave treatment and shunning. If it’s someone you do like, well, they get the “good luck with sale, those are beautiful chips” treatment. It happened again just this past week on a set of chips they were being flipped for about 10x cost.

Do we even need to get into your NAGB rationale that has become a total mockery around here?? Except by your cronies, of course.

And now this??? I have zero knowledge of the real story behind Greg’s personal issues, but your “karma” attack on him seems pretty extreme given the lectures I’ve witnessed you dole out in the past. Greg might totally deserve that massive dish of it for all I know, but for you to be the one that wishes it on him??? Laughable.

And your “stalker” comment...did a four year old child help you come up with that? Is that all you can come up with these days? You really are losing your touch. I guess you can’t do any better when you have no substance to your inner vitriol.

You got that right.

Glad you were able to come up with that too. Everyone already knows you’ve never been wrong about anything, and that you are all knowledgeable of everything. One must just read your posts to understand that...

Here's a snap of the front page courtesy of web.archive.org. Such a mockery of the community that he built.
Screenshot_20200711-093555.png

Here's a snap of the front page courtesy of web.archive.org. Such a mockery of the community that he built.View attachment 489651
Wasn’t around then and don’t know what’s going on, but this post plays on several levels.

MoscowRadio? I know that guy, I donated some money to him! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Wasn’t around then and don’t know what’s going on, but this post plays on several levels.

MoscowRadio? I know that guy, I donated some money to him! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

It's the line:

"The new poker chip continues to be produced as true compression molded clay."

A false claim to make money. He alienated a large swath of the community with that claim.

It's the line:

"The new poker chip continues to be produced as true compression molded clay."

A false claim to make money. He alienated a large swath of the community with that claim.

Oh I remember that... I was pretty new to chipping and I bought a 500 chip set of those pharoahs right after seeing that. They slowly started disintegrating and shedding dust and coloring onto my table and cards after a handful of games. I eventually just threw them out. :(

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom