Is a shuffle tech worth it for my game. (9 Viewers)

Should I get a shuffle tech ?

• Total voters

Attachments

• IMG_6984.jpeg
    IMG_6984.jpeg
    251.6 KB · Views: 46
Just wanted to update the thread… gonna be a little long…
So I ordered my shuffle tech a couple days before thanksgiving, directly from the website. I knew the shipping would probably be delayed with the holiday so I ended up getting the shuffler about a week later on November 30th.
Very excited with my two small children we went down to the poker room to test it out, my heart dropped when it didn’t work properly. The shuffler had the same issue as rooster’s did with the side rollers not working at all.
I began emailing Chip from shuffle tech, who I would say provides adequate customer service, although through this process wasn’t super responsive to emails. After trying all of the trouble shooting, he determined I should send it back for repair. I mailed it back on December 4th with the promise of getting it back before the 15th. Several short emails later requesting update Chip informs me that they have no new shufflers in stock, that they are very busy with repairs, and didn’t give me an estimate on when the shuffler was going to be shipped back, but made it sound like it wasn’t going to be before the 15th. I was annoyed, but tried to be understanding, as I really wanted to add this to my game, and felt like I was over a barrel. Either return it and not have it at all, or just be patient.
I recently began working overnights at work, and was awoken on the 15th by my wife around 1pm “ hey I know you probably want to sleep, but look at this!” She was holding the shuffle tech ! Never received an email saying it was on the way or a tracking code, which is actually awesome because it felt like waking up on Christmas as a kid!
I ran downstairs, fired it up and it worked flawlessly !
Chip really came through for me and I sent him an email thanking him!

My first poker game with it was great! We played 9 handed for about 4 hours and then down to 4 handed until 130am. The shuffler really shined when playing short handed as the cards were always ready to go with the faster pace. The hands played overall more than doubled, we had a Royal flush, quad 4s, 5s, and Queens. Everyone loved the speed of it, but there was a lot of groans about returning the shuffler blaming the shuffler for bad hands lol!

Sorry for the long post, but thanks for reading!
Just curious, where you running two decks and what brand? Glad it worked out for you, doubt you'll ever want to do without it now.

Just curious, where you running two decks and what brand? Glad it worked out for you, doubt you'll ever want to do without it now.
Yes I was running two decks. I just used the Copags it came with. I have a lot of bridge cards as those were my preferred for hand shuffling. But I do have some older KEM poker sized I’m going to try running through the shuffler for next time .

I am currently making a custom case for my shuffletech. Can anyone comment on best height for the top of the case where the shuffletech is flush mounted? I was thinking table height or just under table height so i can slide it under.

I’ve repaired a shuffletech twice now.

Both times it was a new problem.

If you’ve ever been inside one, and saw how they’re made, materials used, quality… You’d expect it to cost $150.

Teach your monkeys to shuffle behind.

Now that I’m about ten sessions in I have this impression.

It is worth it for me because of my handicap.

If your players are competent shufflers and you use the shuffle behind method with two decks it is just as fast as Shuffletech.

If I still had use of both hands it would not be necessary.

In a dealer provided game it would definitely be worth it.

Last edited:
If your players are competent shufflers and you use the shuffle behind method with two decks it is just as fast as Shuffletech.
My group lacks this^^^
The shuffle tech improved the game significantly.

Idk why my brain allowed me to purchase this shuffler but I can’t bring myself to spend the same on chips in one lump sum.

Although with the recent chip room sales I am slowly building up a nice set to replace my AVS slugs.

Cheers thanks for the input director

My group lacks this^^^
The shuffle tech improved the game significantly.

Idk why my brain allowed me to purchase this shuffler but I can’t bring myself to spend the same on chips in one lump sum.

Although with the recent chip room sales I am slowly building up a nice set to replace my AVS slugs.

Cheers thanks for the input director
Time is money, if you can save time and frustration with some money why not? You deserve a shuffler or maybe put it up for a vote with the group to see if the players want to split one. 7-9 players could make it 75-100 each. The least they can chip in since you are hosting.

Last edited:
Paulson chips, nice cards, table topper, barrington upgrades…. All were well received by my players. However the shuffletech was a complete game changer and biggest wow factor for my group. If you can afford it, it’s the best $800ish you can spend for your game.

With that being said, I can’t believe there aren’t any other options similar to Shuffletech for less than a few hundred dollars.

Tina?

Paulson chips, nice cards, table topper, barrington upgrades…. All were well received by my players. However the shuffletech was a complete game changer and biggest wow factor for my group. If you can afford it, it’s the best $800ish you can spend for your game.

With that being said, I can’t believe there aren’t any other options similar to Shuffletech for less than a few hundred dollars.

Tina?
I would actually want something in between the Shuffletech and Deckmate.

800 is a lot, but looks worth it!
Do they offer discounts or any black friday deals?

Thanks!
And I have yet to see a comparable one at a lower price point..

Thanks!
And I have yet to see a comparable one at a lower price point..
I live by the motto buy once cry once. Just swipe the card and get it over with. =) I don't think anyone has ever complained or regret a Shuffletech or DM1 shuffler. If anyone has please share you experience. Genuinely interested.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom