InviteTracker

Resource InviteTracker (3 Viewers)

Has anyone tried adding any formatting or images to the reminder email that gets sent out? More of a wishlist item than a need for sure, but I would love to be able to add a league logo or even just put some of the info in bold. Haven't had time to look into it yet but thought I would check if someone has.

Another question: Is there a way to edit responses? AKA: I would like there to be "In", followed by "Table 2" for the guys that would normally be on "Waitlist"...

Thanks as always!!

Another question: Is there a way to edit responses? AKA: I would like there to be "In", followed by "Table 2" for the guys that would normally be on "Waitlist"...

Thanks as always!!
I’m not sure I completely understand what you’re asking, but you can add responses to the status tab.

Has anyone tried adding any formatting or images to the reminder email that gets sent out? More of a wishlist item than a need for sure, but I would love to be able to add a league logo or even just put some of the info in bold. Haven't had time to look into it yet but thought I would check if someone has.
That might be a heavy lift and at the limits of what you can do with google apps script.

Then again I’m not a developer by trade.

I’m not sure I completely understand what you’re asking, but you can add responses to the status tab.
Ideally what I would want to do is have everyone who would otherwise have been on the "waitlist" go to "Table 2" so that it could potentially fill. Any suggestions for a best way to do that?

Wonderful tool! I have been using evite, but this will appeal to the masses, and be easier to manage.

I am having an error when testing. I'm getting a "sorry, unable to open the file at this time, please check the address and try again." message. I skimmed the thread to see if anyone else was having the same issue, but I didn't see anything. I tried resetting, and opening new versions, but this is all new to me and I'm basically just grasping at straws.

Where might I have gone wrong?

Thank you!

Edit: The link does work when I use the computer. The error message is limited to using the link from a cell phone.

Ideally what I would want to do is have everyone who would otherwise have been on the "waitlist" go to "Table 2" so that it could potentially fill. Any suggestions for a best way to do that?
Sure. In he Statuses tab just rename waitlist to Table 2

Wonderful tool! I have been using evite, but this will appeal to the masses, and be easier to manage.

I am having an error when testing. I'm getting a "sorry, unable to open the file at this time, please check the address and try again." message. I skimmed the thread to see if anyone else was having the same issue, but I didn't see anything. I tried resetting, and opening new versions, but this is all new to me and I'm basically just grasping at straws.

Where might I have gone wrong?

Thank you!

Edit: The link does work when I use the computer. The error message is limited to using the link from a cell phone.
PM me some screenshots and a sample link. I’ll see what I figure out.

Did you double check all the steps in setup?
Does the link work from a computer that is not in any way associated with your google account?

I’m wondering if you missed a step in permissioning everything

PM me some screenshots and a sample link. I’ll see what I figure out.

Did you double check all the steps in setup?
Does the link work from a computer that is not in any way associated with your google account?

I’m wondering if you missed a step in permissioning everything
I thought the same thing.

This is what I'm seeing.

Edit: I'll PM you.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230104_185352_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230104_185352_Chrome.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 51
I thought the same thing.

This is what I'm seeing.

Edit: I'll PM you.
Yeah, go back through the steps on the ReadMe tab paying special attention to steps 11 - 18.

The same instructions can be found on page 20 of the manual.

I was able to get this working, and it's splendid!

Today no one seems to be receiving any messages, and any I sent to an AT&T number kick back.

I figured this was me somehow, so I started again from scratch. Same result.

Exactly like that. It worked fine on all previous invites. Nothing seems to be going out today.
My past IT experience wants to tell you to turn your PC on and off again... Never had that issue before. But I've raised questions here before and they've always been my fault. Maybe go through it all again with a fine tooth comb and be sure you're not missing anything.

I'm wondering if I've hit my send limit somehow? I haven't used it in a week or so, and the counter said 100 when I started.
My past IT experience wants to tell you to turn your PC on and off again... Never had that issue before. But I've raised questions here before and they've always been my fault. Maybe go through it all again with a fine tooth comb and be sure you're not missing anything.
I don't disagree this is almost certainly my fault somehow. :LOL: :laugh:
Tier 1 tech support restart it is...

I was able to get this working, and it's splendid!

Today no one seems to be receiving any messages, and any I sent to an AT&T number kick back.

I figured this was me somehow, so I started again from scratch. Same result.

A couple pages back, I discussed how I had a similar problem. It worked fine for the first couple of events and then all of a sudden, 95% of my email to SMS messages started to fail. Unfortunately, it appears that the cell providers are pretty quick to restrict these. There was some discussion around contacting the company that manages the "firewall" for these if you are so inclined.

You guys crack me up. Unfortunately Email to SMS can be less than reliable. I don’t think you’re doing anything wrong. You might want to try those email addresses from your email just to validate that they are right. I’ve been using the email option almost exclusively because of this issue.

One of these days I’ll get around to incorporating a paid SMS service. That should prove to be much more reliable.

Fwiw, my SMS messages stopped working for a couple of weeks and then all of a sudden it started working like new again. They’ve been going on normally now for a few months! I didn’t change anything either. But the emails always work.

A couple pages back, I discussed how I had a similar problem. It worked fine for the first couple of events and then all of a sudden, 95% of my email to SMS messages started to fail. Unfortunately, it appears that the cell providers are pretty quick to restrict these. There was some discussion around contacting the company that manages the "firewall" for these if you are so inclined.
This is what I thought was happening! Thank you for letting me know!
You guys crack me up. Unfortunately Email to SMS can be less than reliable. I don’t think you’re doing anything wrong. You might want to try those email addresses from your email just to validate that they are right. I’ve been using the email option almost exclusively because of this issue.

One of these days I’ll get around to incorporating a paid SMS service. That should prove to be much more reliable.
I did a test via email when this first occurred, and it went through just fine.

I look forward to a robust SMS option. Until then I will see if I can get Cloudmark to whitelist my email.

Thank you!

Update: I emailed CloudMark and they forwarded me to their "Accuracy" team. This is what they said:

I just tested it and it went through immediately! I'll let y'all know if it stops working but so far that was pretty painless.

This is where I submitted the ticket: https://www.cloudmark.com/en/support
I received a very quick response from Cloudmark! They basically told me to pound sand and talk to the carriers.

I hate that crap, we’re not abusing the system, yet we get blocked.

Just so happens that I have been working on integrating a paid SMS option into the invite tracker. I’ll try to have it posted soon for anyone interested to try.

It's frustrating.
I sent in the support ticket and they responded with "contact the recipient they can escalate"

Me: It's an invite that goes out to large group for a regular poker game. None of them across multiple carriers are receiving any of my MMS invite messages. I understand Cloudmark handles large carrier spam filters and CSI is most likely where it was getting hung up.

Did I submit this issue to the wrong team?

Please advise.

Thank you!

Them: Contact the carriers and have them escalate it to us.

Me: thanks for your service. Consider this ticket closed.

Result:
I'm going to use email.

Hi. This looks super useful. I'm in the UK and I've got the dates formatted to the UK DD/MM/YYYY format, but the [DATE] variable in the invite comes out as the US variant (MM/DD/YYYY). Am I missing something blindingly obvious here? For example is there a way to format *all* dates within a google sheets spreadsheet?

EDIT: It's ok, I had to go into the hidden VARIABLES tab and update the date format in the WEB OPTIONS field.

Last edited:
It's frustrating.
I sent in the support ticket and they responded with "contact the recipient they can escalate"

Me: It's an invite that goes out to large group for a regular poker game. None of them across multiple carriers are receiving any of my MMS invite messages. I understand Cloudmark handles large carrier spam filters and CSI is most likely where it was getting hung up.

Did I submit this issue to the wrong team?

Please advise.

Thank you!

Them: Contact the carriers and have them escalate it to us.

Me: thanks for your service. Consider this ticket closed.

Result:
I'm going to use email.
I've posted here before about texting not working. Literally the next weeks texts would go out again. Truly mystifying.

I've posted here before about texting not working. Literally the next weeks texts would go out again. Truly mystifying.
The mysteries of SMS/MMS gateways. I haven’t been able to figure this one out. And it’s a real shame because otherwise it works perfectly.

I know it’s not for everyone but if you switch to email it works reliably.

One thing I've noticed is that the time stamp in the logs appears to be based on US time. I can see the following in the workings of the code.gs - does this need to be changed if I'm in the UK? If so, how? Grateful for any help folks.

function FormatDate(val){return Utilities.formatDate(val, SpreadsheetApp.getActive().getSpreadsheetTimeZone(), "dd/MM/YYYY");}
function FormatDayDate(val) {return (isValidDate(val)) ? Utilities.formatDate(val, SpreadsheetApp.getActive().getSpreadsheetTimeZone(), "E dd/MM/YYYY") : val;}
function FormatDateTime(val){return Utilities.formatDate(val, SpreadsheetApp.getActive().getSpreadsheetTimeZone(), "dd/MM/YYYY hh:mm:ss a");}

EDIT: Just had to go into Files>Settings and change Locale and Time Zone

Last edited:
One thing I've noticed is that the time stamp in the logs appears to be based on US time. I can see the following in the workings of the code.gs - does this need to be changed if I'm in the UK? If so, how? Grateful for any help folks.

function FormatDate(val){return Utilities.formatDate(val, SpreadsheetApp.getActive().getSpreadsheetTimeZone(), "dd/MM/YYYY");}
function FormatDayDate(val) {return (isValidDate(val)) ? Utilities.formatDate(val, SpreadsheetApp.getActive().getSpreadsheetTimeZone(), "E dd/MM/YYYY") : val;}
function FormatDateTime(val){return Utilities.formatDate(val, SpreadsheetApp.getActive().getSpreadsheetTimeZone(), "dd/MM/YYYY hh:mm:ss a");}

Yup. Just swap the dd’s with the MM’s. Then save and publish.

Yup. Just swap the dd’s with the MM’s. Then save and

I downloaded this about 6 months ago and got it working, then didn’t use it. I’ve gone back to it now and added a few more people to test it. I’ve sent out the invite from the invite page, my email shows sent files, the event log shows sending, but they don’t reach the people. I’ve sent about six times an one player received it one time. Not sure what going on. Any ideas??

Assuming the log shows that it sent to those people and it didn’t reach them.

Also assuming that you are sending to their sms/mms email address.

There is an issue that is beyond my control. SMS/MMS gateway delivery is not guaranteed and I’ve seen it never get there or sometimes get there late. Some have reported some success by avoiding the term poker or anything related to it in the message.

If you use email there should be no issues.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom