InviteTracker

Resource InviteTracker (3 Viewers)

Very cool, looking forward to using this once up and running!

Question: One thing I noticed is that when you click on the response link from a desktop and pull it into a normal browser window, it's exceedingly large. Is there a way to have it not fill up the screen like that? Otherwise this is a really cool tool and thanks for putting it out there!

Question: One thing I noticed is that when you click on the response link from a desktop and pull it into a normal browser window, it's exceedingly large. Is there a way to have it not fill up the screen like that? Otherwise this is a really cool tool and thanks for putting it out there!
Yeah, I’m aware of that but unfortunately it’s beyond the limit of my html/css skills. If anyone out there can help I’d be happy to edit the code.

The thing was developed primarily for mobile, so in most cases it’s not an issue. But it bothers me too that it does that.

Hey, got the invite tracker set up for my first official game. Very well done. Truly amazing what you have created. Thank you!

Hey Al,

First - great job on the app. It's awesome.

I'm trying to take out some of the statuses to get my group started. In/Out/Maybe is probably about all we can manage for now. If I deselect them from in the Statuses tab does that only remove them from the drop down? The statuses stick around in the dashboard despite a rebuild which looks a little confusing. I can delete the rows from the status tab, but I'm worried that will have other effects on the code if it's looking for Late folks, or Waitlists etc. (even though I don't want those features just yet).

Thanks,

Andy.

Hey Andy. Sorry for the late reply. Let me look into it and get back to you.

Ok, so I haven’t tested this. And full disclosure: I’ve had a couple tonight. But, you should be able to delete the rows you don’t want from the dashboard tab and everything should be OK. I’ll try to test this in the coming days but I’m fairly confident that will work.

Hey Al,

First - great job on the app. It's awesome.

I'm trying to take out some of the statuses to get my group started. In/Out/Maybe is probably about all we can manage for now. If I deselect them from in the Statuses tab does that only remove them from the drop down? The statuses stick around in the dashboard despite a rebuild which looks a little confusing. I can delete the rows from the status tab, but I'm worried that will have other effects on the code if it's looking for Late folks, or Waitlists etc. (even though I don't want those features just yet).

Thanks,

Andy.
Please disregard my earlier alcohol induced reply. You can accomplish what you seek by simply deleting the status rows you don't want from the Statuses tab. Once you've done that just make sure the Order column has no gaps. (in your case it should read 1 2 3 4) Then, regenerate the Dashboard from the Admin Tab. You can always add new Statuses in the future. Hope this helps.

Everything was working for me until I tried populating the message tab with people in my game. The names appeared in the pop up box, but when I clicked on them nothing happened (they didn’t appear in the To box). And when I clicked send nothing happened. Maybe I didn’t install correctly, and I’ve never used Google sheets before so that’s probably a large part of the issue.

Everything was working for me until I tried populating the message tab with people in my game. The names appeared in the pop up box, but when I clicked on them nothing happened (they didn’t appear in the To box). And when I clicked send nothing happened. Maybe I didn’t install correctly, and I’ve never used Google sheets before so that’s probably a large part of the issue.
Weird, If you want to share your sheet with me I can take a look at what's going on.

Also, It's generally best to send to groups of people rather than individuals - unless of course you are testing.

Please disregard my earlier alcohol induced reply. You can accomplish what you seek by simply deleting the status rows you don't want from the Statuses tab. Once you've done that just make sure the Order column has no gaps. (in your case it should read 1 2 3 4) Then, regenerate the Dashboard from the Admin Tab. You can always add new Statuses in the future. Hope this helps.
Nah... that broke it :LOL: :laugh:
No worries. I know maintaining this isn't your day job.

1655228195676.png

Nah... that broke it :LOL: :laugh:
No worries. I know maintaining this isn't your day job.

View attachment 931275
Ok, so one way I can envision this breaking is if you cleared the row contents rather than deleting the entire rows that you are looking to eliminate. Am I on to something there?

There are some hidden cells that could end up with broken references if you just clear the contents.

OK - so I think I've got it to do what I want now...
I've left Waitlist in - but I can get rid of the others. (FYI - Out of the box there are two blank rows in the Status Tab that lead to #N/A rows in the Dashboard) I need to delete the #N/A rows from the dashboard corresponding to the removed statuses that appear when the dashboard is rebuilt. (They don't come back on further rebuilds.) I changed the Late Status to 'Maybe' so the Dashboard now shows how many we expect to get, and how many if all the Maybes get a Hall Pass.

1655231841285.png
1655231891260.png

I do still unexpectedly get people added to the Waitlist when I set the threshold to 0, but that could be because I am changing statuses from the Guest Tab, not through the links. But I can set a full table limit which gets folks added in, rather than waitlisted.

Still loving the app!

(I actually wrote this earlier today but for some reason didn’t click post)

OK - so I think I've got it to do what I want now...
I've left Waitlist in - but I can get rid of the others. (FYI - Out of the box there are two blank rows in the Status Tab that lead to #N/A rows in the Dashboard) I need to delete the #N/A rows from the dashboard corresponding to the removed statuses that appear when the dashboard is rebuilt. (They don't come back on further rebuilds.) I changed the Late Status to 'Maybe' so the Dashboard now shows how many we expect to get, and how many if all the Maybes get a Hall Pass.

View attachment 931301View attachment 931303

I do still unexpectedly get people added to the Waitlist when I set the threshold to 0, but that could be because I am changing statuses from the Guest Tab, not through the links. But I can set a full table limit which gets folks added in, rather than waitlisted.

Still loving the app!

(I actually wrote this earlier today but for some reason didn’t click post)
It's really hard for me to visualize what's going on without seeing your worksheet. I can tell you that I tested my procedure on a copy of mine and it worked without a hitch. I'm happy to dig into this for you but at this point I would need at least temporary read access to your sheet. You can obfuscate your guest list if you're worried about that, but I'd need to look at the underlying formulas and hidden cells to make sense of this. It's no trouble on my end and if you wanna stick with what you have - that's fine too.

Really cool app, this is the exact thing I've been looking for. I'm trying to set it up myself and I can't get the emails to work. I'm trying to send a test email to myself and I'm getting an error from google:

Start
Function
Error Message
Trigger
End
6/21/22 6:22:19 PM EDTonMsgEditException: Gmail operation not allowed.edit6/21/22 6:22:26 PM EDT

I'm guessing this is a permissions error? Here's a screenshot from google scripts

1655850683840.png

I'll keep googling around, I'm convinced it's a permission issue..

I'll keep googling around, I'm convinced it's a permission issue..
Oh no it's worse!! Really stupid mistake in hindsight.

1) Created outlook.com email address
2) Created google account attached to outlook.com email address
3) Copied google sheet to my google drive, encountered error above

Turns out I never initialized the gmail. It had no mailbox to send from. I logged into gmail, it made me create a new email.. and lo and behold, it worked.

I told you, stupid :eek::ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Yeah, I’m aware of that but unfortunately it’s beyond the limit of my html/css skills. If anyone out there can help I’d be happy to edit the code.

The thing was developed primarily for mobile, so in most cases it’s not an issue. But it bothers me too that it does that.
I am REALLY sorry for bumping this thread again. I was mucking around with the code and sort of fixed this issue. I went into the CSS stylesheet and changed
Code:
font-size:6vw
to
Code:
font-size:2rem
It looks more pleasing on desktop AND the font will scale by zooming in and out in your web browser. I had to replace the font sizes in the other files as well.. pretty much anywhere that was using vw, change it to 2rem or whatever size looks pleasing to you. I really like this app, I'm sure it's going to make my life easier. Thanks again

I am REALLY sorry for bumping this thread again. I was mucking around with the code and sort of fixed this issue. I went into the CSS stylesheet and changed
Code:
to
Code:
It looks more pleasing on desktop AND the font will scale by zooming in and out in your web browser. I had to replace the font sizes in the other files as well.. pretty much anywhere that was using vw, change it to 2rem or whatever size looks pleasing to you. I really like this app, I'm sure it's going to make my life easier. Thanks again
How did it look on the phone afterwards?

I was playing with that too - I could get it looking good on the desktop by switching out the font:vw statements on a large media width, but what I found was it changed up on the phone too. I seemed like Safari was mimicking desktop behavior but shrinking down to the small screen, so what was the right size font on the desktop was too small on the phone. I wondered if it was something to do with all the iFrame stuff but I don’t have any iPhone debug tools so I gave up pretty soon after. Maybe you had better luck…

How did it look on the phone afterwards?

I was playing with that too - I could get it looking good on the desktop by switching out the font:vw statements on a large media width, but what I found was it changed up on the phone too. I seemed like Safari was mimicking desktop behavior but shrinking down to the small screen, so what was the right size font on the desktop was too small on the phone. I wondered if it was something to do with all the iFrame stuff but I don’t have any iPhone debug tools so I gave up pretty soon after. Maybe you had better luck…
I'll attach some screenshots of mobile and desktop, and the files I've edited.. I've renamed the extensions to txt so I can post them here. I'm not 100% sure if I've edited all of these files, but all I really did was change 4-6vw to 2-3rem. I also made some changes in the spreadsheet itself for my own preferences. I find it comfortable, enough, to use on mobile and desktop.

Attachments

• PickName.txt
    1.9 KB · Views: 131
  • Metrics.txt
    4.6 KB · Views: 97
  • Menu.txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 96
  • JavaScript.txt
    2.8 KB · Views: 96
  • mobile2.png
    mobile2.png
    70.4 KB · Views: 104
  • mobile1.png
    mobile1.png
    91.3 KB · Views: 106
  • desktop.jpg
    desktop.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 104
  • Stylesheet.txt
    1.7 KB · Views: 95
Code:
to
Code:
Can’t wait to try this. Thank you so much!

Trying this for the first time this week. Let's see how it goes!

I modified font-size as recommended above, but not until after I had already sent out the first round of invites. I'll redeploy with these and other fixes after the first game.

Trying this for the first time this week. Let's see how it goes!

I modified font-size as recommended above, but not until after I had already sent out the first round of invites. I'll redeploy with these and other fixes after the first game.
You can redeploy anytime. It won’t affect the responses.

You can redeploy anytime. It won’t affect the responses.
Thanks, I'll try it. I was concerned that since the deployment ID changes, it might break something.

I'm assuming I should update my spreadsheet with the new ID if I redeploy?

Thanks, I'll try it. I was concerned that since the deployment ID changes, it might break something.

I'm assuming I should update my spreadsheet with the new ID if I redeploy?
Don’t change the deployment ID. That will mess things up. Just increment the version.

Don’t change the deployment ID. That will mess things up. Just increment the version.
And to do this just follow steps 15 -17 in the ReadMe tab. This will allow you to reuse the same deployment ID and avoid having to send everyone new links. This way they can bookmark their links if they want and keep re-using them game to game.

Hi All,
I'm getting ready to release version 3.3 of the Invite Tracker. It has the following minor enhancements and fixes:

// v3.3
// Fixed send error when there are no recipients
// Rounded status button
// Added Recent Event Hits to Metrics Page
// Added Event Status to Metrics Page
// Fixed Metrics page when Prompt for Identity is turned on

Please let me know if there are any other fixes or enhancements I should consider.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom