Installing Double Pedestals (1 Viewer)

joker80

Flush
Reaction score
Most of the pre made pedestals come with hanger bolts sticking out of the top of them. Any body have good pictures on how these are installed. I am assuming I will have to build some kind of base that will screw into the bottom of the table?

I don't have great pics but here's one that will give you the gist. Cut plates from 3/4" ply and drill holes for the hangar bolts. Drill holes near the outer edge for connector bolts that go into the table base where the threaded receiving piece of the connector bolt has been installed. Edge the plates with iron-on oak banding and stain 'em.

cc_table1.jpg

You are exactly right, there are roughly 1 million ways to do this i am sure, all really depends on size of table, as the base you make, will actually help support the table. Imagination helps a lot with making these, because you want it to be very center. Make a base, attach it to the pedestal, then attache then base and pedestal to the table. I hope this helps, like i said. Imagination is key

Attachments

• rsz_1rsz_20160222_121035.jpg
    rsz_1rsz_20160222_121035.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 105
I wonder usually how long those hangar bolts are that stick up?

You could use a tape measure to measure them?
The pedestals i use are just barely over 1.5" . so i use 2 pieces of 3/4 and 1 piece for 1/4"

I wonder usually how long those hangar bolts are that stick up?

Agreed, different methods all work, so you can build up plates if desired. I cut mine off with hack saw to a length that is maybe 3/8" above the plate and would fit into shallow holes I drilled into the sub-base, so they're just mainly for alignment purposes.

If you cut them with a hacksaw, screw the nuts down all the way before you cut the bolts. That way, you can re-form the threads that will become warped during the cutting process, by working them upwards through the cutting area.

If you cut them with a hacksaw, screw the nuts down all the way before you cut the bolts. That way, you can re-form the threads that will become warped during the cutting process, by working them upwards through the cutting area.

or just run a die over it afterwards.

Depend were you get the bases from. I just ordered a single base and it came with threads in the base, much easier in my opinion

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom