GB Completed Injection Molded Chips GB - 2021 (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone who has had some 43mm Abbiatis in hand, I’ll say they are a significant step up from the 39mm Abbiatis. The 39mm are probably the best non-clay 39mm I’ve ever handled. Having said that though, they have too little surface area for a plastic chip. Even though they are not nearly as slippery as most other plastics, they just feel unstable in stacks compared to the 43mm. Also, the 43mm Abbiatis have a slightly lower density than their 39mm brethren because they have the same size brass weight, but more plastic, which puts them at pretty much the ideal density for a poker chip, IMO.

I probably won’t be buying a cash set unless there’s a nickel, so my opinion on that isn’t very strong, but I do think there should be a 43mm high-denomination chip. I feel like that just adds a whole new level of awesome to a set, and it’s one of the few things non-chippers notice and seem to like. If there aren’t any 43mm or 45mm chips in the buy at all, it seems kinda pointless to make a new design, just make it an add-on to the existing crown plaza chips.

Speaking of crown plaza add-ons, I think this set should keep the crown plaza theme and inner-ring. It would mean no setup costs for any potential new 39mm chips, and allow for inter-mingling between sets. Just my 2c.

I want a barrel or two of this chip 39mm ... I don't care who makes it though we know I prefer #TeamMatsui

No words or numbers, don't care what the label design is as I will relabel it, I don't care which pattern. Just these colors (mint and black)

WSOP (100k).png

I want a barrel or two of this chip 39mm ... I don't care who makes it though we know I prefer #TeamMatsui

No words or numbers, don't care what the label design is as I will relabel it, I don't care which pattern. Just these colors (mint and black)

View attachment 614493
You're going to label over a smooth ceramic chip?

Speaking of crown plaza add-ons, I think this set should keep the crown plaza theme and inner-ring. It would mean no setup costs for any potential new 39mm chips, and allow for inter-mingling between sets. Just my 2c.
This is a great idea. :tup:

Oh, my bad. I didnt know matsuis had a recess, all the ceramics I've handled were smooth across the face.
They're not ceramics, they're high-quality injection-molded plastics, like the Abbiatis in this GB. Ceramics with a recess are called ceramic hybrids and they're sold mainly by Sun-Fly.

They're not ceramics, they're high-quality injection-molded plastics, like the Abbiatis in this GB. Ceramics with a recess are called ceramic hybrids and they're sold mainly by Sun-Fly.
welp, learned more new stuff. I'll just shut up and wait for whatever these chips turn into so that I can hopefully buy another 1K tourney set.

Anyone got a shuffle stack (10) of abbiatis they'd be willing to sell me? Interested to see how they feel/sound/shuffle.

Following for first involvement with a PCF GB!

Last edited:
I've got two shuffle stacks from the Crown Plaza group buy. 2 of each chip, cash and tournament. Assuming this goes with Abbiati and starts coming together I'll make a thread where they can get passed around by people wanting to sample them like the newbie thread ending up back at me.

It’s hard to beat those WSOP ‘06 Bud Jones though! So many good WSOP years for chips.
The problem with that is that Abbiati can’t even get close to the edge spot patterns of those BJ S2s without us having to pay thousands extra for custom molds.

The problem with that is that Abbiati can’t even get close to the edge spot patterns of those BJ S2s without us having to pay thousands extra for custom molds.
True! I wonder if it would be worth looking at the same color ways of the BJ WSOP chips with Abbiati’s molding?

I love my Matsui sets but probably would not get another one unless it included plaques.

Open to Abiatti depending on design.

I’d love to buy a shuffle stack of Abiatti chips (or Matsui for that matter)! Haven’t felt nice plastics yet and would love to get my hands on some. If someone has 10 chips they could sell let me know!

Aria tributes would definitely be my first choice! The $100, $500, $5,000, and $25,000 are my favorites! Make it .25, $1, $5, and $20. Perfection
+1 For this. I love the color combinations and variety edge marking patterns.

Aria-poker-chips.jpg
dan-bilzerian-chips.jpg
aria chips.jpg

I’d love to buy a shuffle stack of Abiatti chips (or Matsui for that matter)! Haven’t felt nice plastics yet and would love to get my hands on some. If someone has 10 chips they could sell let me know!
Since you live in Florida, you might want to check out the Seminole Hard Rock in Hollywood, FL. Pretty sure they're using them.
hard rock chips.jpg

+1 For this. I love the color combinations and variety edge marking patterns.

View attachment 617969View attachment 617970View attachment 617971

Since you live in Florida, you might want to check out the Seminole Hard Rock in Hollywood, FL. Pretty sure they're using them.
View attachment 617974
Ideally, my opinion would be to make the $100 pattern into a .25 chip, the $5,000 pattern into a $1 chip, the $25,000 pattern into a $5 chip, and the $500 pattern into a $20 chip. That would be pretty cool. Those are some of my favorite chips out there.

I feel the Crown Plaza was people's shot at a 3 color inner ring set. The next set should be fairly different style since you can technically get a 3 color inner ring set used.

Feels like it may be leaning towards something similar to the Bellagio tourney chips?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom