GB Completed Injection Molded Chips GB - 2021 (14 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are getting there... (ok for europeans will still be a while with the roundtrip, but iam looking forward to my chipping retirement) :love:

I DO also plan to retire from chipping.

....but first I need to get a few more chips. ;)
When does one rightfully feel at rest from the chipping journey. I wonder, does it ever go away? Can one truly retire? How does one arrive at such a destination?

Ah, I remember chipping retirement...
just-when-I-thought-I-was-out.gif

For any US-based chippers that have asked me to help them out with custom inlay replacement, I'm happy to say that the US/CAN land border will be open in November for fully vaccinated persons (me!) which should help reduce cost of shipping to me, since I will be able to pick up at Point Roberts WA. Canada Post outbound will still be at their stupid rates, though.

cough, cough, matsui zen group buy tourney set with plaques... ;-)
Matsui chips aren't even in the same galaxy as these Abbiati chips. It's like saying an RT Plastic is comparable to a leaded Paulson THC chip. If Abbiatis are filet mignon, Matsuis are pink slime ground beef additive. If Abbiatis are Caddyshack, then Matsuis are Caddyshack II. If Abbiatis are Heinz ketchup, then Matsuis are dollar store Catsup. If Abbiatis are Julia Roberts, then Matsuis are Lyle Lovett. If Abbiatis are red licorice, then Matsuis are black licorice. If Abbiatis are golden retrievers, then Matsuis are unfriendly ankle-biting mutts.
1634862376659.png

Matsui chips aren't even in the same galaxy as these Abbiati chips. It's like saying an RT Plastic is comparable to a leaded Paulson THC chip. If Abbiatis are filet mignon, Matsuis are pink slime ground beef additive. If Abbiatis are Caddyshack, then Matsuis are Caddyshack II. If Abbiatis are Heinz ketchup, then Matsuis are dollar store Catsup. If Abbiatis are Julia Roberts, then Matsuis are Lyle Lovett. If Abbiatis are red licorice, then Matsuis are black licorice. If Abbiatis are golden retrievers, then Matsuis are unfriendly ankle-biting mutts.
View attachment 798550
So to paraphrase:
You prefer Abbiatis but only slightly.

View attachment 798550
you had me up until you said red licorice is better than actual licorice. Red licorice is a myth and an abomination.

Yeah, I decided against that. The price is right. The chips just aren't right for me.

I think my next tourney set will either be Abbiati, CPC, 43mm Matsui WSOP tribute, or..... something expensive. :)
something with abbiati plaques <3

you had me up until you said red licorice is better than actual licorice. Red licorice is a myth and an abomination.
I prefer neither and would rather go hungry, but black licorice is the DEVIL! :D

(My life is 23+ hours a day of mundanity. I spice things up from time to time by having ridiculously one-sided opinions about things that really don't matter. Like Abbiati chips!)

I bought enough of these chips to play Chinese poker from 25c to $1 a point, with 2 or 3 players. Even though it's just a rack o chips, I can't wait.

sad_pb.gif

On the shipping notice from Tommy it states the package(s) are 385Kg. That's over 848 pounds! :wow:

Is that right??!

Edit - Mathe iz yur frend:

29030 chips * 10grams = 640lbs. Add the crate, packaging container(s), and protective contents and you likely have a ball park 800+ package. lol

Last edited:
On the shipping notice from Tommy it states the package(s) are 385Kg. That's over 848 pounds! :wow:

Is that right??!

Edit - Mathe iz yur frend:

29030 chips * 10grams = 640lbs. Add the crate, packaging container(s), and protective contents and you likely have a ball park 800+ package. lol

These chips are probably 11.5g

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom