GB Completed Injection Molded Chips GB - 2021 (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We decided to do an add-on for both sets in 2022. And if anyone wants to get a personal custom Abbiati set, that will be the time too. Save your pennies! ;)

When you say custom set....how custom we talking about?

Like, colors, mold, and label?? Same quality as Crown Plaza? Will this be way more expensive?

Damn it. Damn damn damn damn it.

I was out, I had talked myself out of buying a set of these.
But if we are going with this version...I am 100% back in. These are incredible.

That $5!! Holy crap. Take my money.

Pretty much what Mel said... and please add a $500 denom :tup:

P.S. any chance of making the $500s oversized? and how much would the additional cost be?

When you say custom set....how custom we talking about?

Like, colors, mold, and label?? Same quality as Crown Plaza? Will this be way more expensive?

100% custom. You pick the molds, colors, artwork. The set owner covers all the costs associated with each set. Might be able to save on shipping costs.
The catch is that there is a 1000 chip min per denom to avoid the fee. It's cheaper to pay the fee for some denoms. I don't think anyone needs 1000 fracs. I can't remember what the MOQ fee was. I'll have to look that up.

If I got a custom set, I would want to get a custom inner ring, which is a big expense to cover solo. Probably pay the MOQ fee for the frac and $100, or just get 1000 x $20s. lol I see myself working a lot OT and Holidays in the future if I decide to get a custom set. What a crazy hobby!

100% custom. You pick the molds, colors, artwork. The set owner covers all the costs associated with each set. Might be able to save on shipping costs.
The catch is that there is a 1000 chip min per denom to avoid the fee. It's cheaper to pay the fee for some denoms. I don't think anyone needs 1000 fracs. I can't remember what the MOQ fee was. I'll have to look that up.

If I got a custom set, I would want to get a custom inner ring, which is a big expense to cover solo. Probably pay the MOQ fee for the frac and $100, or just get 1000 x $20s. lol I see myself working a lot OT and Holidays in the future if I decide to get a custom set. What a crazy hobby!
That’s awesome! I’m definitely interested depending on what the MOQ fee is.

But for a big single chip limit set... :cool

What’s the custom inner ring fee if we opt that route? Your second paragraph leads me to believe it might be reasonable if we add on to your order. :)

Reactions: DMZ
What’s the custom inner ring fee if we opt that route? Your second paragraph leads me to believe it might be reasonable if we add on to your order. :)
I guess you could share a custom inner ring between sets if it's generic enough but mine would be custom with my set name so it wouldn't be shared. The cost is 100% on me.

All prices are in Euros.
A custom inner ring is €2,750
The artwork is €250 for the first design and €75 per additional. So a 5 denom set would be 250 x1 and 75 x4
The crate fee is €45 per crate. Each crate holds 2000 chips.

That’s awesome! I’m definitely interested depending on what the MOQ fee is.
I can't find the email but I have an old quote from 2019 that says it's €775. They call it a setup charge for QTY under 1,000 pieces. It's ridiculously high IMO. I can always see if they can lower when the time comes but I doubt they would. Small orders like that aren't typical for them.

I can't find the email but I have an old quote from 2019 that says it's €775. They call it a setup charge for QTY under 1,000 pieces. It's ridiculously high IMO. I can always see if they can lower when the time comes but I doubt they would. Small orders like that aren't typical for them.
So we’re looking at about $1300 in fees for a custom 4 denom cash set under 2k in chips?? Geez. Definitely cant swing that if you put the price of the actual chips on top of those fees.

So we’re looking at about $1300 in fees for a custom 4 denom cash set under 2k in chips?? Geez. Definitely cant swing that if you put the price of the actual chips on top of those fees.

I think it's more than that. €775 x 4 if none of the denoms meet the 1K min.

I guess you could share a custom inner ring between sets if it's generic enough but mine would be custom with my set name so it wouldn't be shared. The cost is 100% on me.

I know a way for it to only be 50% on you... :cool:unsure:

haha. In all seriousness, Tommy, you HAVE to do it.

Are add-ons only extended to original participants in the respective Crown Plaza/Park Place group buys, or can anyone participate?

That was the plan initially since those in the 1st GB paid the one-time costs; thus, the total PPC before shipping was higher. It was suggested to allow anyone in on the add-on but keep the PPC before shipping the same as the 1st GB, and the difference can be divided equally and given back to those in the 1st GB. Otherwise, things can get complicated, and it becomes a headache.

Dang, these are great looking chips but I'll have to stand on the sideline for this one. I've been hemorrhaging $100 bills for last 2 months to pay off my daughter's wedding and I'm about tapped out. I'm following because I want to see the pr0n pics when these come in!

That last set is awesome. I agree on the preference for the blue quarter chip also being nicer than the purple. Very nice work Tommy!

That new cash set lineup is wow... I wasn’t sold on lineup #1, but the new one is sharp. FTR, I’m undecided as to whether I’ll be participating in this GB, but put me down for Team Purple Frac.

Last edited:
Feel like this would be great but dont think we'll meet the MOQ on this one... we barely reached it for the 100s on the last GB
Just charge a little more for those chips. Im sure the people who want those chips and play those stakes would be more than happy to eat the cost so that they can have a playable set for the stakes they want the set for.

@kk405. There is always the option to relabel one of the tourney chips for use as higher cash denoms. @allforcharity did an amazing job with the crown plazas. I have a sample of the relabels and if no one told you they were relabels you wouldnt be able to tell the difference between the factory chip and the relabel.

too much blue with the Aqua on the $1 and the blue (two shades) on the $5. And don’t touch that $5!!!!!!

#team_purple
You do have a great point there... especially with the blue and orange stacked next to the aqua and orange - that is way too much isn't it. I love purple too, I'm not a fan of subdued color themes though (spots being in the same color family as the main color... ie light purple on dark purple). Tommy has a great eye though, he's killin' it so far. Maybe different spot color with the purple or pink or whatever great color combo he decides.

PP.png

You do have a great point there... especially with the blue and orange stacked next to the aqua and orange - that is way too much isn't it. I love purple too, I'm not a fan of subdued color themes though (spots being in the same color family as the main color... ie light purple on dark purple). Tommy has a great eye though, he's killin' it so far. Maybe different spot color with the purple or pink or whatever great color combo he decides.

View attachment 670976
Yes, the supporting coloring on the blue and/or white chip would need to be adjusted some - easily within the capabilities of our esteemed design team.

But, @liftapint is going to buy 5000 of these chips, probably, so that carries some weight!

Edit: think i found the important posts, as far as i understood, there are 2 options, nothing has been finalized.
I like the designs, how about some plaques for higher cashgame denoms (50$, 100$)? I think i saw some posts about it

Last edited:
Just an update. I've been back and forth with Abbiati about pricing on different chips, options, etc. The goal is to keep the costs reasonable and have those costs and fees spread equally per order no matter if you order a cash set or tourney set. Lowering the PPC for everyone. In order to do that, all chips will be 39mm and have a custom inner ring.

There are going to be two options put on the table for a vote.

Option #1 is an expanded cash set that can be used for cash and tourney. No mold is used twice. (except the $20/$25)
This is option #1 which we are still tweaking the inlay design, specifically the denom text.

View attachment 662471

Option #2 is a separate cash and tourney set. Some molds are used more than once.

No photo yet as things are still being worked on.

I'll post another update once option #2 is ready and will put a poll up at that time.
Call me crazy, but I actually like the color balance in the cash set of Option #1 better. Don't get me wrong; I totally love some of the individual chips in Option #2 (the ones and fives especially), but I really appreciate what the designers were trying to do with the 2 color chips and think they totally rocked it as a set!
all - 3a.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom