I thought I won the auction, but... (3 Viewers)

I think everyone realizes that it was a mixture of honest mistakes and misunderstandings. I am good with whatever decision is made

5 pages of you crying about it proves you weren't fine with whatever decision was made lol. Sorry you got butt hurt bro :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:.

Not that it is anyone's business but no one here is getting the chips via a PCF auction. Everyone was saying it wasn't a valid auction so I guess I better not sell them here. eBay seems like a much better audience and I don't have to deal with all the PCF drama. Enjoy your internet tough guy name calling Ken.

You can continue to bitch and moan about me and name call all you want but it will fall on deaf ears (please do, I like the thought of this thread continuing for weeks about something so trivial as a chip auction lol). This has convinced me that eBay is the way to go for any future sales. It's been a fun last 24 hours on PCF so thanks for the hilarious ranting and raving (y) :thumbsup::ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I didn't read all the replies here, so maybe this has already been said. I have no skin in the game, so take it how you will.

The site rules are that any auction style sale needs to have a 5 minute rule, so whether or not it was stated in the auction, the 5 minute rule applies. A seller failing to state a rule in his post doesn't void the rule. The site rules in this case could and should have been used to moderate this sale.

For everyone complaining Tommy should get involved:

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/pcf-classifieds-guidelines.928/

DISCLAIMER: The classified section is offered as a free service to non-vendor members of PokerChipForum.com. By using the classified section, you assume responsibility for any transaction occurring between yourself and another member. PCF ASSUMES NO LIABILITY FOR ANY TRANSACTIONS WHICH MAY OCCUR.

8. PCF (it's Owner, Admins, and Moderators) are in no way responsible for any actions in this auction.

5 pages of you crying about it proves you weren't fine with whatever decision was made lol. Sorry you got butt hurt bro :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:.

Not that it is anyone's business but no one here is getting the chips via a PCF auction. Everyone was saying it wasn't a valid auction so I guess I better not sell them here. eBay seems like a much better audience and I don't have to deal with all the PCF drama. Enjoy your internet tough guy name calling Ken.

You can continue to bitch and moan about me and name call all you want but it will fall on deaf ears (please do, I like the thought of this thread continuing for weeks about something so trivial as a chip auction lol). This has convinced me that eBay is the way to go for any future sales. It's been a fun last 24 hours on PCF so thanks for the hilarious ranting and raving (y) :thumbsup::ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
Internet warrior here -
You didn’t want to take the time to find some meme flashing two middle fingers at all of pcf, to attach to that post?

Internet warrior here -
You didn’t want to take the time to find some meme flashing two middle fingers at all of pcf, to attach to that post?

I’m sure @Mrs. Bentax wouldn't mind if you wanted to appropriate this previously posted picture of her to use instead.

20B2BDA9-F8B1-4B7C-A32E-1FFE15708608.jpeg

For everyone complaining Tommy should get involved:

Im not sure anyone was complaining. I think maybe people are looking for some consistency. Either enforce the rules that you put in place or don't bother with having those rules. Dont enforce certain rule infractions while refusing to weigh in on others.

In this case, whatever decision Tommy makes cannot force Cheese to sell his chips a certain way, but at least he would be consistent in the way he manages the site.

This reminds me of a warning I once received about checking boundary values to avoid off-by-one errors.

Im not sure anyone was complaining. I think maybe people are looking for some consistency. Either enforce the rules that you put in place or don't bother with having those rules. Dont enforce certain rule infractions while refusing to weigh in on others.

In this case, whatever decision Tommy makes cannot force Cheese to sell his chips a certain way, but at least he would be consistent in the way he manages the site.

But then if he enforces the rules it goes against his rule about PCF not being involved in transactions, it's a double paradox!

1260-Blue-button-red-button.jpg

But then if he enforces the rules it goes against his rule about PCF not being involved in transactions, it's a double paradox!

View attachment 154738

If only we had an argumentative lawyer on the site, he might argue that the only stated “rule” for auctions is that you need to copy and paste the following “guidelines”, therefore point 8 is a guideline, not a rule

If only we had an argumentative lawyer on the site, he might argue that the only stated “rule” for auctions is that you need to copy and paste the following “guidelines”, therefore point 8 is a guideline, not a rule

I dunno, someone would have to be a real Jackhole to argue with others on a poker chip forum!

CED84E56-1797-4580-8D60-6826C18144C3.jpeg
Hi Scott

Amazing how this all could have been avoided had a public group buy been offered.......

So now all of you private group buy members can put me down all you want but what I just said is the absolute truth.
No, you are absolutely correct, no put-down here. Had a public group buy been offered, there would be no star chips at all, and all of this could have been avoided.

Please let this thread die please let this thread die please let this thread die please let this thread die please let this thread die please let this thread die please let this thread die please let this thread die please let this thread die please let this thread die please let this thread die please let this thread die please let this thread die please let this thread die please let this thread die please let this thread die please let this thread die please let this thread die please let this thread die please let this thread die please let this thread die please let this thread die please let this thread die please let this thread die please let this thread die please let this thread die please let this thread die please let this thread die please let this thread die

Tha
I was obviously not part of the GB. But I disagree. The only way this GB could have happened was by a very small, secret group and a clandestine operation. I don’t fault the group for any of that. If it had been a public or a very large GB with indiscriminate number of participants, this group buy would have never happened, IMHO.
you can believe what you wish but as a member of the chipping community for over 12 years your view is kind of naive. Don't believe a word of what the secret buy organizers say. That's bullshit.

I think maybe people are looking for some consistency. Either enforce the rules that you put in place or don't bother with having those rules.
There have been several other auction listings that were removed because they did not comply with the guidelines (most were corrected and re-posted), so enforcement has definitely occurred in the past.

Dunno why not in this specific case, but I suspect it was an oversight when the thread was posted. Apparently nobody noticed, or at least nobody reported it. Afaik, it wasn't noticed at all by anybody involved until the very end, at which point it obviously caused a lot of grief.

you can believe what you wish but as a member of the chipping community for over 12 years your view is kind of naive. Don't believe a word of what the secret buy organizers say. That's bullshit.
Yeah, we're all big fat fucking liars. tyvm

Yeah for $1.35 average per chip with a colluded storyline.

There's some truth for ya.

There have been several other auction listings that were removed because they did not comply with the guidelines (most were corrected and re-posted), so enforcement has definitely occurred in the past.

Dunno why not in this specific case, but I suspect it was an oversight when the thread was posted. Apparently nobody noticed, or at least nobody reported it. Afaik, it wasn't noticed at all by anybody involved until the very end, at which point it obviously caused a lot of grief.

I agree. I have been asked to edit some of my WTS ads because they did not follow certain site guidelines, but the system of checks and balances on the classifieds is only part of the issue. I think most people agree that this incident just slipped through the cracks, and people are human and will make mistakes. However, when Tommy was asked to weigh in on a rule that he put in place, as the only real authority on the site, he opted to plead the 8th. So as users, how do we know which rules will be enforced and could result in warnings or banning versus which will be allowed to work themselves out? Will the next inaccurately listed auction be treated the same way, or does it depend on the situation at that time?

How does Paulson feel about this ? Were the buyers forthright about their intentions ?

Paulson is probably happy the check cleared. The buyers were clear on their intention to buy chips. I don't think you'll get any more detail than that

Paulson is probably happy the check cleared. The buyers were clear on their intention to buy chips. I don't think you'll get any more detail than that
I think that’s oversimplifying things a bit. I’ve only heard stories, but I believe it’s safe to say that the buyers were not clear with Paulson with their intention to buy chips AS A BUNCH OF PRIVATE INDIVIDUALS.
Which is why it was done quietly.
Which is why it is unlikely to be repeated, now that the cat is out of the bag.
But I speculate.

I'm not put off by the people who were part of the group buy. A bit jealous perhaps, but in no way feel slighted that they managed to get some unicorn chips. If anything, it sends a potentially good sign. Along with the Colombani and Apache's latest GB offering, it's a sign that maybe GPI is warming to the idea of selling to the public again. Even if it's only large quantities, it's something.

The only thing I would say is that it may not have been wise to post pictures of said unicorns. It may have been easier for people to believe that they were a myth, just hearing about them from people who heard it from a reliable source that unicorns are real. But the fact is, they are some beautiful chips, and everyone is jealous.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom