I think I have a faded spade problem.. (1 Viewer)

The only issue I’ve ever had with them is that they feel too slippery when I first start dealing. After dealing for hours though, I appreciate the slick cards and the texture so the cards don’t stick together. They pitch well, wash well, I just like them a lot.

The artwork is a little cheesy, but it’s not bad.

I’ve never had warping issues or anything of the sort after two years with the same deck being used over and over.

Was talking to @esapigao last night re: Faded Spade issues & it got me thinking:

Are people's decks splitting because of too low humidity?

Are people's decks warping because of too high humidity?

I live in California where the humidity is probably neither. My Faded Spade set ups I've used for several years are fine.

I would love to hear from a plastics expert on this subject...

I did.
.35mm
Centring was off on some cards.
Middle box too dark.
Wasn’t overly impressed with the results
Got a shit ton sitting in the garage
Just asking do you have any of the faded spade bridge sets in jumbo index? Thanks

We’ve been using Faded Spade 2.0s as our main for a couple of years. Everyone in our game likes the stiffness and we’ve had no bowing issues that we used to get with Kems. The index size is perfect in my opinion. Large enough to be seen from any seat but not comically large.

I ordered some Faded Spades 3.0 last week. I got them really fast but upon opening they have a pretty strong skunk/burnt smell. Most cards have some sort of smell but these are literally the worst smelling cards I've ever gotten. Has anyone else noticed this? I got the purple/green ones.

Nope, I have these (bridge size), maybe 6 setups, we rotate them and have never noticed that smell. The Desjgn cards I had did pong a bit but nothing that offensive.

I have the poker size so maybe the run was different?

I kind of like the smell of my Desjgn cards. Those are definitely my favorite to use, in terms of feel and looks. I have like 10 different types of cards but I can't ever convince myself to use anything but the Desjgn ones when poker night arrives. I do like the thickness of the FS cards, which is similar to SOME of my Desjgn decks, but this smell is pretty off putting. And honestly I think the graphics are too modern. I put off trying them out for so long but I guess I got bored and figured I might as well buy a set and see.

I have the poker size so maybe the run was different?

I kind of like the smell of my Desjgn cards. Those are definitely my favorite to use, in terms of feel and looks. I have like 10 different types of cards but I can't ever convince myself to use anything but the Desjgn ones when poker night arrives. I do like the thickness of the FS cards, which is similar to SOME of my Desjgn decks, but this smell is pretty off putting. And honestly I think the graphics are too modern. I put off trying them out for so long but I guess I got bored and figured I might as well buy a set and see.
Huh, very odd. Bought FS 3.0 poker size around the same time, no smell. Sorry to hear that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom