I think I have a faded spade problem.. (1 Viewer)

I prefer poker wide with standard index. I like jumbo but do not really fancy the box in the centre in most jumbos. Faded Spades has best of both worlds.
Statesman cards are for you, jumbo index with no box

I think @xdan made a run of poker size cards before his bridge run
I did.
.35mm
Centring was off on some cards.
Middle box too dark.
Wasn’t overly impressed with the results
Got a shit ton sitting in the garage

I did.
.35mm
Middle box too dark.
I got a chance to play with the new bridge ones and I will say I’m super impressed by them. They felt and look great. I take back what I said about the pips being too big! If you end up running another by with different colors I am 100% in

A309D004-8998-4DEA-BF2F-A981240F9375.jpeg

I did.
.35mm
Middle box too dark.
So...Not the biggest fan of these cards
With which cards do you play now?

First sign you have a FS problem is you bought more than the first deck. ;) I simple don’t get how people enjoy these cards
I played with these cards in Vegas, really liked them. But...i have never seen a card split in half, and i have seen 2 on this forum already..

I played with these cards in Vegas, really liked them. But...i have never seen a card split in half, and i have seen 2 on this forum already..
I honestly don’t think I played long enough to have any split. These cards made it one rotation around the table on their maiden voyage before every player panned them. I tried them another night and the same reaction. I’ve tried shuffling them while watching TV to see if they “broke in” but they don’t. They are just way too stiff to be pleasant.

Anyone having Faded Spade 1.0 cards warping? It’s not a heavy warp. I notice Copags do not have the same warping issue.

Attachments

• IMG_0150.jpeg
    IMG_0150.jpeg
    232.4 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_0151.jpeg
    IMG_0151.jpeg
    175 KB · Views: 79
Anyone having Faded Spade 1.0 cards warping? It’s not a heavy warp. I notice Copags do not have the same warping issue.
Yes, the Faded Spades that I got from @dmalhi1 were described as "very good condition with minimal to no warping" and they were similarly warped. FS1.0, they felt so stiff Im amazed they COULD warp lol.

Mine bowed and warped significantly after a 3 hour session. The cheap paper cards you can get from Oriental Trading for 50 cents each are better than V1 Faded Spades.

My 3.0s have a slight bow to them. Definitely not unplayable, but it’s there.
Literally 10 minutes of pitching and shuffling and my 3.0's bowed a bit off the table. The 2.0's were the best stock they offered, IMO, but they have issues with the cards separating. The 3.0's fixed this but went back to having the same problems as the 1.0's. Maybe 4.0 gets it right?:rolleyes:

Literally 10 minutes of pitching and shuffling and my 3.0's bowed a bit off the table. The 2.0's were the best stock they offered, IMO, but they have issues with the cards separating. The 3.0's fixed this but went back to having the same problems as the 1.0's. Maybe 4.0 gets it right?:rolleyes:
Totally agree with all this. I loved the 2.0s, minus the splitting issues. And good luck getting their trash customer service to replace a card.

I ordered a deck to see what the fuss is all about -- one of the cards has glue residue that wouldn't come off so I need a replacement already right off the bat. I emailed them with the photo and order # and the reply from their customer service asked for the order # again, its like they're not reading my email. So far, I am not getting a good first impression from the company.

I suggest opening and inspecting every card.

70510796547__15C3615D-952E-4B04-AEC8-14B389A753EA.jpeg

My players only let me use Faded Spade 3.0 now. Tried to get the Desjgn Victorian setup out last time. Was told to put them away immediately! Not had any warping or splitting issues with my 3.0 setups but they only get used half a dozen times a year if I’m lucky.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom