I host a regular Home Game AMA (5 Viewers)

Would you rather be lucky at cards or a good card player?
Explain your answer please. :tup:

Always curious how other hosts do things.
I wasn't being sarcastic. More of a comment of the joke questions being asked and then someone pops in with a real question. I just did it in a smooth sassy way that gave me a laugh. (I do assigned seats Tourney, random sitting no draw on cash. )

I wasn't being sarcastic. More of a comment of the joke questions being asked and then someone pops in with a real question. I just did it in a smooth sassy way that gave me a laugh. (I do assigned seats Tourney, random sitting no draw on cash. )
You're nothing if not sassy!

So, extrapolating, the first decade began January 1, year 0 and ended December 31, year 9.

o_O
It was Christmas, 1999. I got into a long stupid argument with my brother-in-law about the end of the millenium. :p

It was Christmas, 1999. I got into a long stupid argument with my brother-in-law about the end of the millenium. :p
I've been banging this drum since just before Y2k. After explaining my logic, those that agree just dismiss it, presumably because that's how everyone else recognizes it. I refuse to capitulate.

I've been banging this drum since just before Y2k. After explaining my logic, those that agree just dismiss it, presumably because that's how everyone else recognizes it. I refuse to capitulate.
You're truly a martyr.

You're truly a martyr.

I fight for truth. Righting wrongs is the only reward I need.

There was not a year 0 A.D. Christ was born in 1 A.D. :p

Before someone comes along with an incorrect correction, I will state that this is true. Most people think that A.D. stands for "after death" but it does not. AD is from the Latin "anno domini," or "in the year of the Lord." Jesus was born in 1 AD.

(It I also why the current decade goes until December 31, 2020.)

What I.s the craziest mode of transportation anyone has used to attend one of your games?

I fight for truth. Righting wrongs is the only reward I need.

Before someone comes along with an incorrect correction, I will state that this is true. Most people think that A.D. stands for "after death" but it does not. AD is from the Latin "anno domini," or "in the year of the Lord." Jesus was born in 1 AD.

(It I also why the current decade goes until December 31, 2020.)
A decade means a period of 10 years. For convenience, we’ve simply defined those 10 years to be the period of time when years share a 10s digit (i.e., the 60s etc.). I guess you can refer to 2020 as being in the 2010s if you want people to think you’re “different.”

Last edited:
A decade means a period of 10 years. For convenience, we’ve simply defined those 10 years to be the period of time when years share a 10s digit (i.e., the 60s etc.). I guess you can refer to 2020 as being in the 2010s if you want people to think you’re “different.”
That is the most cogent and lucid argument I've heard against my logic.

Now STFU.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom