I host a regular Home Game AMA (2 Viewers)

I fight for truth. Righting wrongs is the only reward I need.

Before someone comes along with an incorrect correction, I will state that this is true. Most people think that A.D. stands for "after death" but it does not. AD is from the Latin "anno domini," or "in the year of the Lord." Jesus was born in 1 AD.

(It I also why the current decade goes until December 31, 2020.)
Even if there had been a year "0", it would have been sitting forever outside any decade, century of millenium.
Decades or any group of 10 things are numbered from 1 to 10.
The 21st century began on January 1st 2001.

More power to you. I just keep buying in. Granted, my game doesn't play as big so I only got a few hundred deep on my worst day.
On cash only nights, I will play it by ear. If I believe I am playing well, but just hitting bad beats, I will often reload - and some of my biggest nights are because of this. But if i'm drinking and splashing, I try my best to stop or nit it up.

Your cash games seem big. What do you guys mostly play and what is the Avg Buy-In?

How much money do your players usually bring on average?

When do you usually start? Day of week Fri Sat etc?

How often do you host a cash game per year?

When does the cash game end?

What is you tournament Buy-In?

Last edited:
Are these for pets or utility? I lean towards 100 duck sized horses.
Sorry, I abbreviated the ancient Reddit question - which one would you rather fight?

The wife booked us a Ft Worth Brewery Tour/Adventure. 14 breweries over three days, with a 2 night hotel stay in downtown Ft Worth. She gets me.
Egads! That's a lotta breweries and a helluva wife.

Turning your hand over, swearing, and having it pointed out by the table that you in fact have the best hand.
I sort of did this in Vegas many years ago. It was 3-4 in the morning, and I was so fixated on the fact that villain had runner runnered a flush against my flopped 2P, that I forgot my cards were the same suit and I had second nuts. Racked up and went back to the room immediately. :dead:

Racked up and went back to the room immediately. :dead:
20191227_183902.jpg

Your cash games seem big. What do you guys mostly play and what is the Avg Buy-In?

How much money do your players usually bring on average?

When do you usually start? Day of week Fri Sat etc?

How often do you host a cash game per year?

When does the cash game end?

What is you tournament Buy-In?
Cash games are a mix - usually one table of $1/$2 Holdem and one table of $1/$1 Circus. $200 max buy-in, and when I throw a free standing cash game, I usually fill it to 17 - with stragglers coming in late to fill seats.

I'd say on average, a player would bring $400. A few of the guys bring much more, and a couple of the guys are a one and done cash player. I try to stick to 3 buy-ins. I've had players in for over $1k on multiple occasions.

Saturday - nearly 95% of the time. There is an occasional Friday night pickup game, but with most of my guys playing at the Elks on Thursdays, it's not as common as it was before.

I have cash before and after every tournament - so there's 12. I'd say I have a pickup game every 5 or 6 weeks, so probably another 10 that are cash only nights.

3:30AM hard stop at the Windy Crest, unless I am ahead, or way behind - we will sometimes go to 4:30am

Tourney buy-in has been $80 - $20 for hospitality, $50 for prize pool, $10 bounty. $50 rebuys and $20 addon. This year it will increase to $100.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom