I host a regular Home Game AMA (1 Viewer)

What is your hosting ratio of Cash vs Tourneys?
What all stats do you keep track of?

But by your logic, every day is the end of a decade...
Well, technically, you could look at it that way. But convention is that we refer to decades by whether the year shares the tens digit.

Not yet. To prove my point, I (or you) could say I’ve had my job for nearly a decade. It doesn’t matter what year I started my job in.
good-day-sir.gif

How many times each night do you want to tell people to shut the hell up, wait a second, or something else because you are managing the game?
All. Game. Long. Most of the regs know better, but shit - I'm busy and you can wait 5 damn minutes for me to buy you in.
Do you ever suffer from PPD (post poker depression).
Yes. This is why I run a Monday and Wednesday poker stars game for my group as well.
Also do you play in other local home games or are you basically THE local home poker scene?
I play occasionally at the Elks Lodge, they have a standing Thursday game. The rest of the home games in my area have dried up, as I host monthly. There's one other game in my hood and it's a "garage" game that's not run really well. The shit on my game as "too serious"
What was the aftermath of kicking that guy out? Did he ever come around again? Did he ever apologize?
He came back once, uninvited, bit with a reg who didn't know what happened. He played silently for several hours. Didn't say a word to me. After the game one of my regs said he was trying to earn an invite back. Fuck that guy.
What's the most amount of cash chips you've had on the table? Ever had bank issues
Just over $6k. Yes, I've had a couple of bank issues, but no more than $40 off. Mostly because I take late night Venmo or PayPal rebuys. I've gotten much better at making sure I hand the player the money and they give it back.
Just how extravagant is the WCPR red carpet roll out when VIPs from far away lands come for a visit?...asking for a friend
I introduce them as a poker forum guest, and my regs target them all night, lol.
How do you vet new players?
I haven't added a new player in a while. Most of my players are in my hood and know me or another reg, I have a couple of PCF players, but at this time I am only accepting new players for pickup cash, not the league.
Do you let players sit where they want for cash games or so you make them draw for seats?
Pre and post tournament cash games, just pick an open seat. On pick up cash only nights we draw for seats.
Would you rather be lucky at cards or a good card player
I'd rather be lucky than good! I play circus.
What I.s the craziest mode of transportation anyone has used to attend one of your games?
Private plane and a rented electrical scooter. It's 50-50!
What is your hosting ratio of Cash vs Tourneys?
What all stats do you keep track of?
I host 12 league tournaments. Cash before and after. I probably hosted 14 pickup cash games last year.

I keep no stats on cash, except my expenses for hosting. The league I track everything TD tracks for me. Plus the number of kegs, hot dogs, and cigars consumed!

Congrats as you close in on 5 years hosting.
That's half a decade, amiright? ;)

Just how extravagant is the WCPR red carpet roll out when VIPs from far away lands come for a visit?...asking for a friend.
As a "VIP" from far away lands, I can say that @CraigT78 is a terrific host, and his whole crew made us feel like part of the group. However, they failed to take all our money. :D

What's all this shit posting about years. Get your own thread. This is MY AMA. :eek:

Ever going custom clay?
Eh, not sure. I've mocked up plenty. But what I WANT would cost north of $8k. So probably not. I'm pretty happy with my ceramics and my LCO set. We shall see once kids are out of the house.

Do you have a stop loss amount when you host? Ever stop playing or at least taken a break for a little while on a bad night?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom