I am without pants and I need HELP! (3 Viewers)

And was the manager your size?
giphy-3.gif

I thought they'd take my money too, cause otherwise they still have to pay the alteration company they sent my pants to, so now they're spending money and getting a 40 inch waist with a 24 inch inseam that ain't gonna fit anybody but me and George Costanza!

I'm a man of principal, if you allow something like this to stand, people will take advantage of you all day everyday.

I know you're Polish but you ARE closer, can you hook me up with some of that Greek Fire?
that technology have not been properly recreated, wouldn't you rather settle for napalm or claymor mine?

Anyone in texas know if I have any recourse here?

Dropped pants that needed a zipper fixed off at Jack Browns Cleaners in Round Rock

I receive a text telling me they are ready and TOTAL DUE is $26.46

Upon arrival they ring me up and tell me it's over $32

I show them the text, the manager comes over and shows me the bill with the price I was told scratched out and a new total written in and blames the company that did the alterations because it was a metal zipper that costs more

She also says this new total includes sales tax

I express that you can't send a customer something that says TOTAL DUE, then change the price when they arrive, and that I'm paying $26.46 or they're keeping the pants

I am now pantsless
Welcome to TX - lol.

They never include sales tax in the quotes here, at least in my experience.

Not much you can do, pay the extra $5 and tell them FO as you walk out the door.

Not to blasphemy the great state of TX, however I have found “Caveat Emptor” applies to a much higher degree here than anywhere else I’ve ever lived. (At least in the N Dallas area)

Small claims belong in small claims court. The one run by the local JP. This is a do-it-yourself project. Don't forget to ask for compensatory and punitive awards. Maybe something like $200.

The cleaners has a decision to make. Hire legal counsel to fight a small claim, appear in court themselves, arrange a settlement.

It is going to be a PITA for everyone. If it is worth it to you and your principles, go for it. -=- DrStrange
+1

Welcome to TX - lol.

They never include sales tax in the quotes here, at least in my experience.

So I never received a quote. I dropped the pants off with what I needed done

I received this text when they were ready to pickup

Screenshot_20230720_182104_Message+.jpg

Then when I arrived I'm told it's over $32

Rest with solace and the profound peace that must assuredly ensue when one realizes that their bountiful sacrifice of trousers has enriched the life somewhere of an exposed lawn gnome with a confidence problem.

Revel in the joy that your glorious burden of purpose richly fulfilled a tired lawn ornament. Remember this as you gaily traipse through your neighborhood pantsless.

You are a landscaper’s hero.

Are you calling my complaint FRIVILOUS?!?!
Well, if they told you $32, and then when you showed up they said they made a mistake, it’s only $26, would you have insisted they take the original $32 because that’s what you were prepared to pay?

Nobody knows anything about what’s going on with their businesses anymore. It’s a freer world, you should be happy that those workers don’t have to burden themselves with the stress of performing a quality job, or even that pesky “caring about the customer” crap.

But seriously, it’s within the margin of error for a human provided service. Roll with it. Tip them $15 just to show them that petty $6 don’t mean shit in the real world of high stakes gamblers.

Go back the next day with $50

Tell them you’re sorry. You were having a rough day and the extra charge caught you off guard.

Tell them to take the extra money as a thank you for fixing your pants.

Support small Local businesses.

Go back the next day with $50

Tell them you’re sorry. You were having a rough day and the extra charge caught you off guard.

Tell them to take the extra money as a thank you for fixing your pants.

Support small Local businesses.

It's a fucking franchise!

Maybe I'll offer them a PLO Flip, double or nuttin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom