I am without pants and I need HELP! (3 Viewers)

Anthony Martino

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Anyone in texas know if I have any recourse here?

Dropped pants that needed a zipper fixed off at Jack Browns Cleaners in Round Rock

I receive a text telling me they are ready and TOTAL DUE is $26.46

Upon arrival they ring me up and tell me it's over $32

I show them the text, the manager comes over and shows me the bill with the price I was told scratched out and a new total written in and blames the company that did the alterations because it was a metal zipper that costs more

She also says this new total includes sales tax

I express that you can't send a customer something that says TOTAL DUE, then change the price when they arrive, and that I'm paying $26.46 or they're keeping the pants

I am now pantsless

Search Texas consumer sales practice act.

Ohio has one, and it’s all the laws in regards to pricing for your state.

1. I bet Texas consumer protection laws are shit. No idea, just a guess from this cynical northerner.
2. Who’s the bigger whacko, you or the store guy? The two of you, fighting over six bucks? I appreciate the passion but six bucks vs peace of mind?

They chose to keep your pants? That’s surprising. I thought they would have gone with the 26

How much were those pants worth? And was the manager your size?

I thought they'd take my money too, cause otherwise they still have to pay the alteration company they sent my pants to, so now they're spending money and getting a 40 inch waist with a 24 inch inseam that ain't gonna fit anybody but me and George Costanza!

I understand the principle... trust me, I do. And I would have spent up to 10 minutes giving them a piece of my mind. But I wouldn't have left my pants behind over $6. That's silly.

1. I bet Texas consumer protection laws are shit. No idea, just a guess from this cynical northerner.
2. Who’s the bigger whacko, you or the store guy? The two of you, fighting over six bucks? I appreciate the passion but six bucks vs peace of mind?

I'm a man of principal, if you allow something like this to stand, people will take advantage of you all day everyday.

Burn that shithole....

I know you're Polish but you ARE closer, can you hook me up with some of that Greek Fire?

Do they have a “$5 min for cc transactions” sign if so threaten to report them to visa/Mastercard for violating ToS that’ll do the trick

I should get the Karen cut and tell their manager I want to speak to THE manager, that'll do the trick! Maybe post it on TikTok

If this isn't a bit, in all honesty this is below my threshold of "give a shit/worth my time".

Pick a dollar amount that is your "pain in the ass threshold" (Could be $20, could be $100, could be any amount depending on your situation). If a problem arises and it's below that threshold, just pay it/deal with it and move on with your life stress free.

Or if you’re without pants anyway, you’ve got to be someone’s kink…. Onlyfans.

I'm a man of principal, if you allow something like this to stand, people will take advantage of you all day everyday.
Good point. Once that zipper guy puts the word on the street that you’re an easy mark, look out. Next thing you know, your florist is marking up the daisies when he sees you coming, and the butcher hides the good pork chops.

Assuming it’s a place you’ve never been, should’ve charged it….then as soon as it was pending, called your CC company and tell them you didn’t authorize the charge. CC cancels charge. You have pants. They have NO cash. Boom.

Small claims belong in small claims court. The one run by the local JP. This is a do-it-yourself project. Don't forget to ask for compensatory and punitive awards. Maybe something like $200.

The cleaners has a decision to make. Hire legal counsel to fight a small claim, appear in court themselves, arrange a settlement.

It is going to be a PITA for everyone. If it is worth it to you and your principles, go for it. -=- DrStrange

Small claims belong in small claims court. The one run by the local JP. This is a do-it-yourself project. Don't forget to ask for compensatory and punitive awards. Maybe something like $200.

The cleaners has a decision to make. Hire legal counsel to fight a small claim, appear in court themselves, arrange a settlement.

It is going to be a PITA for everyone. If it is worth it to you and your principles, go for it. -=- DrStrange
Are you calling Anthony small?!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom