Huge Group Discussion - what would you do? (1 Viewer)

SoupHQ

Pair
Reaction score
25c/25c Cashgame
9 Players, Skilllevel below Average

Limp, Limp, Limp, Player 1 ( A 2 os ) raises to 2$, Player 2 calls, everyone folds

Flop: A K Q rainbow
Player 1 Checks
Player 2 Checks

Turn: 8
Player 1 bets 1,50 $
Player 2 reraises to 6$
Player 1 folds

Player 2 shows A 7 os

Player 1, 40$, Average Skilllevel, Aggressive
Player 2, 40$, below below average, Widerange, rarely bluffs, rarely raises with Premiums

Given these Information - what would you do as Player 1? Fold the 6$ raise, call, reraise?

rarely bluffs, rarely raises with Premiums
I’d probably fold too. The raise to $6 may seem out of character based on the quoted statement, so it might seem like a bluff, but you gotta still beat the bluff.

P2 called P1’s 8x raise pre, so probably didn’t have complete air, though I’d probably fold A7o against an 8BB bet especially if OOP. (I’d probably also fold pre as P1 in the first place facing multiple players w/only A2o.) What positions were P1 and P2?

P1 flopped top pair worst kicker and didn’t improve to 2 pair or better by the end, so even if P1 didn’t believe P2, it’s hard to call the $6, is my take.

I’d probably fold too. The raise to $6 may seem out of character based on the quoted statement, so it might seem like a bluff, but you gotta still beat the bluff.

P2 called P1’s 8x raise pre, so probably didn’t have complete air, though I’d probably fold A7o against an 8BB bet especially if OOP. (I’d probably also fold pre as P1 in the first place facing multiple players w/only A2o.) What positions were P1 and P2?

P1 flopped top pair worst kicker and didn’t improve to 2 pair or better by the end, so even if P1 didn’t believe P2, it’s hard to call the $6, is my take.

P1 Hijack, P2 Button

No doubts, I would not play A2 (maybe as Hijack, with some limps) neither call with A7.

So P2 was in position and didn’t limp first. It is a weird line P2’s taking, but if he doesn’t raise premium hands then it’s hard to get a read when he calls 8x pre.

Still, reraising 3x on P1’s turn bet is pretty wild when P2’s kicker won’t even play (unless he spikes a 7 on the river). I guess this is one of those rare times when P2 was bluffing, just happened to do it with the better hand.

Last edited:
You stated P2 is a poor player... maybe he thought he did have a strong hand with A7 and that was why he was raising on the turn...? Might have been hard to get him to fold it with a bluff...

Not play A2.....

I feel like I have to say I wasn’t in the Hand :D

I wouldntve played both Hands.

You stated P2 is a poor player... maybe he thought he did have a strong hand with A7 and that was why he was raising on the turn...? Might have been hard to get him to fold it with a bluff...

Exactly what I tried to tell P1. He was on tilt after seeing A7os. I really think P2 thought he had a strong hand.

I feel like I have to say I wasn’t in the Hand :D

I wouldntve played both Hands.

Exactly what I tried to tell P1. He was on tilt after seeing A7os. I really think P2 thought he had a strong hand.
what would you do as Player 1?
I'm still answering your question.... You asked what would we do as player 1... I'd not play A2. It's a Money Loss hand anytime you're playing more then 3-4 handed.

I'm still answering your question.... You asked what would we do as player 1... I'd not play A2. It's a Money Loss hand anytime you're playing more then 3-4 handed.
Well P1 did isolate w/his 8x raise pre. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: But agreed, A2 is better at a short table.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom