HSC Relabels, help me pick a faux inlay shape (1 Viewer)

pedrofisk

Flush
Reaction score
So as I started building a cash Horseshoe Cleveland set it naturally morphed into two sets, one cash and one tournament. Because more is more. Due to fractional denominations not available for the cash and $1k/$5k too expensive for the tournament I have had some relabels done. I have now purchased some more chips to finish the set and and almost ready to send them to @Gear. The last step is deciding on the faux inlay shapes to work with the sets. As seen here: http://www.gearlabels.com/poker-chip-labels.html

Cash set, I need to decide on the nickle from a CA Bell $1. I already used the Star to relabel the HSC Trimoon to $20. I am thinking Apple but maybe it works just as well as a circle inlay. Here is the mockup:

C_HSC Set Option A.jpg

For the Tournament set I am adding a $2,000 and a $10,000 as I do have a small quantity of the 43mm denominations. The $2K is the 1996 WSOP Buy-in and the $10K is the Jerry's Nuggets $1 (small inlay). I want it to all work together as a set even though the $2K/$10K and the $1K/$5K would never be used at the same game.

The $10K may have to stay a circle due to the length of the denomination but I'd prefer a shape. Would a wheel work for the $2K?

T_HSC Set Option A 02 small.jpg

Anty thoughts or seuggestions would be appreciated.

Last edited:
2k definitely needs a shape. I feel that it's screaming for a scallop.

And will the nickle actually see play or are you just filling out the set? A round unshaped inlay works with the progression but if it's going to be in heavy use, a shape would be nice to look at. Apple is possibly my least favorite shape in general, but for some reason I think the apple does have a nickle feel about it.

Then for the 25k, Gear should design a new shape: "bite marks"

2k definitely needs a shape. I feel that it's screaming for a scallop.

And will the nickle actually see play or are you just filling out the set? A round unshaped inlay works with the progression but if it's going to be in heavy use, a shape would be nice to look at. Apple is possibly my least favorite shape in general, but for some reason I think the apple does have a nickle feel about it.

Then for the 25k, Gear should design a new shape: "bite marks"
Thanks, that is great input.

Edit - I meant to mention that I am not sure yet how much use a nickel will get. NYC is kinda tough for home games. Playing with most friends and family, yes they will see play. Playing with local PCFers, no way. Mostly I want one cash set that can do anything.

Last edited:
Thanks, that is great input.

Edit - I meant to mention that I am not sure yet how much use a nickel will get. NYC is kinda tough for home games. Playing with most friends and family, yes they will see play. Playing with local PCFers, no way. Mostly I want one cash set that can do anything.

In that case, if the nick is already labeled I'd just leave it, but if you're about to do the label anyway why not go apple?

Just had an interesting idea. Grab a rack of those solid 36mm Horseshoe tourney chips and make an undersized nickle. Mite b cool.

Let me know if you ever want to fill a seat in one of your games! Would love to test drive the set :D

Even though the scallop shape on the $5 and quarter are a bit different, the repetition would bug me a little.

I'm going with cam nickel and apple quarter for my Empress set. Of course this would repeat cam for your set, but presumably the nickel and hundo wouldn't be on the table together. In a traditional sense these shapes are way too outlandish for small denom fracs, but I prefer them to repeating rounds.

GyAYp7G.png

Of course this was all after scrapping my first quarter idea after getting them made. :whistle: :whistling: Maybe I'll build a secondaries set with them.

6UKC3O8.jpg

Anty thoughts or seuggestions would be appreciated.

Since you're doing faux inlays you can really do any shape you can dream up.

For instance, you haven't used an octagon yet. Might be a good option for the 2k or 10k since they both have 8 spots.
upload_2018-2-17_12-17-30.png

Oh.. and another vote for apple for the 25¢. The four cuts just seems right for 1/4 dollar.
Makes me rethink some things in my relabel project... hmmmmm.:whistle: :whistling:

In that case, if the nick is already labeled I'd just leave it, but if you're about to do the label anyway why not go apple?

Just had an interesting idea. Grab a rack of those solid 36mm Horseshoe tourney chips and make an undersized nickle. Mite b cool.

Let me know if you ever want to fill a seat in one of your games! Would love to test drive the set :D
Will do. Still trying to figure it out logistically. I have the room but the place is also occupied by several mini-me's.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom