How to introduce omaha/limit games to players? (1 Viewer)

My crew goes about 75% Omaha and 25% Hold'em, before 10:00 (when bomb pots become dealer's choice instead of just Omaha).

After that it's about 95% Double Board Omaha, Brutal Scarney, 3-card Double Board Hold'em, and Keithington, and maybe a hand of normal Hold'em once or twice for the rest of the night.
The eff is Keithington?

Surprised no one mentioned this: just play the usual texas holdem and randomly introduce a hand of dealer's choice.

For example, we play holdem, but when the ace of spade appear on the board, the very next hand is dealer's choice. Pretty sure I saw it on twoplustwo a long time ago so it's not an original idea.

My original intent was to discourage the holdem-only players from coming to my game. Those people usually don't give action and are too risk adverse to play games they didn't study strategically.

A lot of home games I go to also have a similar idea with a different dealer's choice trigger (black aces, one-eyed jack, monotone flop, trips on the flop, etc).

Start with games that are similar to holdem: pineapple, all the other pineapple variants, hollywood, super holdem; then introduce the concept of Omaha with PLO, SOHE, PLO6, etc.

Eventually, you'll convert or discover enough players who prefer to play non-holdem games.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom