How much to drink while hosting? (3 Viewers)

We like to start things off with Fireball shots. And then continue with a round of shots each break. Fireball and tequila seems to be the favorite types of shots when I host. I will definitely drink a shot or two more on cash game nights than tournament nights. The atmosphere is a bit more laid back on cash game nights. No pressure to finish well for the league scoring. I will usually mix up some White Booshkies (white Russians with caramel macciato creamer instead of half n half). I am drinking one now as I type this.

Drunk High Quality GIF
We do the same but with jack fire. And I drink enough to get my vpip approaching 100% lol

It's like driving on the highway. Drink enough to have fun, but not so much you attract the attention of the police.

Best reply so far.

I maintain a light buzz. At the end of the day there is a couple of grand on the table. I really don't want to get hammered up. Now, if I am planning on getting hammered up. I will sometimes ask @Marc Hedrick to bank for me. When this happens. I usually am in the game for four buy ins within 90 minutes. Then I cash out with a $10.00 profit. I tend to lean into the rollercoaster ride.

We like to start things off with Fireball shots. And then continue with a round of shots each break. Fireball and tequila seems to be the favorite types of shots when I host. I will definitely drink a shot or two more on cash game nights than tournament nights. The atmosphere is a bit more laid back on cash game nights. No pressure to finish well for the league scoring. I will usually mix up some White Booshkies (white Russians with caramel macciato creamer instead of half n half). I am drinking one now as I type this.

Drunk High Quality GIF
Trying one of those booshkies right now. This dude approves!

Attachments

• hzrvwvnbgIV6E.gif
    hzrvwvnbgIV6E.gif
    825.7 KB · Views: 20
Haven’t had a drink since my stroke 5 years ago but used to smoke it up in chronic fashion until 3 weeks ago, next week clean and sober play and hosting for the first time in 50 years.
I quit as well. Hate how it makes me feel anymore. Hope you have a wonderful time next week.

I am just extra careful when playing and hosting, there is no handicap in poker
Try to limit myself to beer only while playing. Haven’t been hosting for very long but haven’t had any issues or peed in corner of the bedroom at the end of the night. That keeps the wife happy, but I guess your results may vary.

Last game I looked at my hand, played it and thought I nailed my straight. Bet everyone out of the hand, then looked at it after the hand....... not the cards I thought I had. So drinking wins you some pots as well
I've done the same exact thing, I thought I had a straight, and turned over my hand with two pair. After that, I knew I needed to slow down for the night. Ended up losing the hand to trips, good times.

Drunk High Quality GIF
@Seeking Alpha Social Club
If I recall Gunny had a fireball machine

I'm the bank, drink & frequently not sober while I host. Havn't had 1 issue in over 20 years. Some people can still function. Some people can't...
I couldn't trust myself at first to deal, bank, and drink, esp as I allow both cash and electronic at my game. But I've refined the bank system enough where I have been error-proof.

Once we get up and running, we do 1 orbit PLO8 (which I deal) and 2 orbits NLHE (which the other guy deals). When he's dealing, if we've had any added money go in, I reconcile it all to make sure we're kosher.

And it probably helps that if I am drinking, it's wine or beer, and moderate amounts at worst.

I'm pretty sure this meets the "responsible host" criteria. I made sure none of the alcohol was spoiled.

View attachment 1258816
One of my regulars has a taste for high $ bourbon and has stocked my room with an assortment (Blanton's, Jefferson's Ocean, Weller, others I don't know). As I don't drink bourbon, it's as safe as having a eunuch running a brothel....

I hosted my 3rd poker night just recently. I got so drunk that i cant remember anything past the first hour or so. Its completely black. I check the bankroll and i started with 20$ and had 140$ the day after. I have no idea how i made that much xD I believe it was a fun night, my friends said so atleast xD

Guess i'll stick with beer next poker night :S

I host a home game, and its usually the type of home game where I can earn back my initial buy in by taking the cans and bottles back in the morning. So how much can the host have to drink in your opinion?

I hosted my 3rd poker night just recently. I got so drunk that i cant remember anything past the first hour or so. Its completely black. I check the bankroll and i started with 20$ and had 140$ the day after. I have no idea how i made that much xD I believe it was a fun night, my friends said so atleast xD

Guess i'll stick with beer next poker night :S

Welcome and don't feel bad about having a great time...even if you can't remember it. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

There's a reason my poker club is called the Seeking Alpha Social Club, so no judgement from me. :)

CHEERS!!

20221103_223532.jpg
20220716_224143.jpg
20220610_172822.jpg
20210529_090841 (3).jpg
1622370815126.jpeg
20210529_194807.jpg
E7F58AA1-6339-4721-A649-6C583D87C837.jpg
5746.jpeg
20180204_172930.jpg
20210528_175049.jpg
20210528_185416.jpg
20190420_170650.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom