How much faith do you have in the USPS? (1 Viewer)

The package will arrive by:

• January 11

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • January 18

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • February

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • March

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Gone Forever

Votes: 6 30.0%

• Total voters

trever

Flush
Reaction score
Below is the tracking history for a Christmas gift that I ordered on December 16th. They got it within 20 minutes of my house, but then decided it needed to see Guam before I could bring it home. It is currently somewhere in the vicinity of Hawaii, but I don't know if it's heading towards Guam still, or if it's heading back towards the mainland.

So when do you think I'll get it?

1545927309521.png

That's an interesting shipping ledger, have you tried calling and saying WTF? It probably cost them about 1000x to ship it incorrectly.

my wife ordered something from Etsy that came from the UK. The Royal Post sent it to Bermuda, back to Uk, then finally to Baltimore. some interesting stamps on it when all was said and done.

Chances are the package in the Pacific isn't what you ordered. That one's now lost -- and off the radar -- in Ohio.

Sounds like duplicate tracking numbers, and those stories never end well.

UPS: "Your package is in X City, USA on a truck driven by Bob and will be at your door at 2:37 pm"

FedEx: "Your package is in X City, USA on a truck driven by Bill and will be at your door at 3:00 pm"

USPS: "What package"?

Relax, you'll get your package. I got a spark plug last week, that I ordered and was shipped in April. Have faith!

If anyone's following along, the package is now "in transit". They don't mention where it's going, but I'll keep you posted.

It's interesting to see how people split their votes between hopeless optimists (Jan 11), and despairing pessimists (never) with very little middle ground. I really hope the optimists are right..

The USPS hasn’t been very good to me lately. Three Priority Mail packages that each took over three weeks. One from Maine to Pennsylvania took a detour to Los Angeles, and took two weeks to make it back East...

Ugh.

Received another message: "in transit"
In my experience, you will get the "in transit" notice every day timestamped at midnight, which I've always interpreted as "we don't know where it is, but it's moving somewhere".

Optimists: time to chill the champagne (but don't even think about opening it yet).

Back to where I was 8 days ago, woo hoo!

December 28, 2018, 9:18 pm
Arrived at USPS Destination Facility
CINCINNATI, OH 45246 Your item arrived at our CINCINNATI, OH 45246 destination facility on December 28, 2018 at 9:18 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

I have a lot of faith in the USPS. Are they perfect? Not even close. But contrary to what you hear from Fox, their business model works and considering what they do, is not only efficient, but profitable.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom