How Do You Handle Private Game Massive Change In Stakes From What You Were Told? (1 Viewer)

I don't bring my entire bankroll to ANY game, so it wasn't at risk. You can buyin for 200-1K or match the stack in this game. But once the host and the crazy action player who showed up late start making it 25/50 and then repopping anyone who calls preflop, your effective big blinds become very small and it takes away a lot of the skill edge present in Big O.
dd73090f-dc58-47d7-b5cf-1dad55095c3c_text.gif

When you are called by the poker room for a seat, and they say it's for NLHE
Then they correct that and offer a seat at PLO

So what is a NLHE only troglodyte to do? Admit the game isn't as good as it once was and learn more games? Or throw new gimmicks into the mix instead? Sadly, the latter has been chosen for quite some time.
6-handed play changes the game significantly, imo. It widens starting ranges and promotes less pre-flop folding, and both of those lead to more post-flop play than 10-handed NLHE. Far less boring, no gimmicks necessary.

Modified NLHE games (two-hand, 3-card variants, short deck) can also have this effect on full ring games -- new yet similar games, but still relatively gimmick-free.

But then I think randomly raising stakes, straddles, bomb pots, and LMS are dumb.

6-handed play changes the game significantly, imo. It widens starting ranges and promotes less pre-flop folding, and both of those lead to more post-flop play than 10-handed NLHE. Far less boring, no gimmicks necessary.

Very fair point, 6 max does do wonders for NLHE as well as for most poker games.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom