How is this not on a poker chip already? (2 Viewers)

Himewad

Straight Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Found it doing a random internet search. Apparently, it's a winery. I love this name.

1680038087525.png

Remove the red background, add red cash denoms, make the inner and outer ring a circle...
SHIP IT!!!

I noticed that the trademark letters (TM) from the original source artwork didn’t make it into your design..,

Not a huge issue IMO if these are strictly for personal use, but it seems that you are opening yourself up to a spot of legal liability when you start offering them up for sale.

But hey, not my pig, not my farm.

Edit - just saw the linked page, noted that you are charging a royalty fee for each piece. Just curious, is that going to the trademark owner (winery), or to whoever revised it for you? If the former, kudos to you!

Last edited:
I noticed that the trademark letters (TM) from the original source artwork didn’t make it into your design..,

Not a huge issue IMO if these are strictly for personal use, but it seems that you are opening yourself up to a spot of legal liability when you start offering them up for sale.

Welcome to every single thing on Etsy

Edit - just saw the linked page, noted that you are charging a royalty fee for each piece. Just curious, is that going to the trademark owner (winery), or to whoever revised it for you? If the former, kudos to you!
They can have one of each DB on the house if they want. I'm not a Pompous Ass.

Ok, now I’m confused. You said in one post that the artwork owner is getting the royalties, and in another post you said that the artwork owner (trademark holder) can go stuff it.
What's your beef, exactly? Am I harming someone here? I never said anyone can go stuff it. I said they can have one of each DB for free.

pompous_kiss_blush_label.jpg

Ok, now I’m confused. You said in one post that the artwork owner is getting the royalties, and in another post you said that the artwork owner (trademark holder) can go stuff it.

I believe that Pompous Ass was is a winery or brewery or something like that.

People saw the image and said "that would be an awesome dealer button". So no, the winery is not getting any royalties, but likely the royalties will go to the forum member who took their time and photo editing skills to turn it into an image to be used on the buttons.

That's my take. And I'm fine with it. Can't wait for my buttons!!!

kx7wfs3rrhfaezdh26qp.jpg

You probably shouldn't criticize the pig if you don't know anything about farming.

There are four live US trademarks for "pompous ass":

One, "Pompous Ass Power Training," which is applicable to "Counseling in etiquette and protocol." (We could probably use that one here in PCF...)

The other three are owned by McGibbs Inc., in Burdette, New York, and are applicable only to:
- Wine
- Beer, ale and malt liquor
- Clothing, namely, t-shirts, sweatshirts, sweaters, hats, scarves and jackets

Nothing there pertains to goods used in playing poker.

If there was any legal problem at all here, it would probably have to come from the realm of copyright and be directed at whoever created or adapted the artwork.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom