Tourney How do you rule this one (1 Viewer)

Since everyone but the SB and BB folded before the floor arrived, button did not call the BB amount and wouldn’t have a live hand?
Correct.

If the button had NOT folded, he would have the last live hand (and win), but he did indeed fold. Same is true for any of the other players who folded -- had any ONE of them called, raised, or even just TANKED -- their hand would still be live.

But a player cannot fold their hand and then make a claim for the pot.

Last edited:
Correct.

If the button had NOT folded, he would have the last live hand (and win), but he did indeed fold. Same is true for any of the other players who folded -- had any ONE of them called, raised, or even just TANKED -- their hand would still be live.

But a player cannot fold their hand and then make a claim for the pot.
You are stating that a player must be privy to the fact that he has the last live, legal hand as if it is fundamentally true, but I don't know if it has grounding in reality.

Imagine a scenario where one player bets into another player on a heads-up flop. After the second player folds, it is discovered that the bettor has an illegal hand. Do we remove the pot from play?? (I really don't know, it would be news to me.)

If not, then I think @JustinInMN is correct that the technically correct ruling is for Button to receive the pot.

Since everyone but the SB and BB folded before the floor arrived, button did not call the BB amount and wouldn’t have a live hand?
Similarly, I don't believe that the presence of the floor is what makes a hand fouled. The floor is there to confirm the fouled hands. Therefore, Button had a live hand while the only two remaining hands were fouled.

I’ve never wanted to hit a woman before - now. No excuse for this shit.
Yikes. It happened twice at my game last night by the same male player. Should I have hit him each time?

Last edited:
If not, then I think @JustinInMN is correct that the technically correct ruling is for BB to receive the pot.
Pretty sure I am saying the button should be awarded the pot. My take is the SB and BB hands are dead the instant the BB screws up the cards.

That said, I still can't bring myself to hate the ruling made.

The problem with awarding the pot to the button player (who already folded) is that he no longer has a legal hand.... and there is absolutely no way to prove that his now-folded hand (or anyone else's folded hand) was actually a legal hand or fouled hand.

Unless clearly retrievable (per the rules in play), a folded hand is dead and cannot be awarded the pot.... no matter what later occurs during play.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom