How bad do you hate it? (1 Viewer)

AK Chip

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
I know I broke some major custom chip rules with the edge spots ,but Ive always liked the look when I came across vintage sets with the same edge spots.

I also ordered a rack of pink for the frac but after switching from a green $25 to the retro lav $20 i thought I needed a darker frac.

I'm prepared for the bad reviews but am still curious on the hate level of the whites spots through out a set.

1598885151982.png

Rules are made to be broken, n'est-ce pas? I like the look, but personally not in love with the frac color. White? LOL

I’ve messed around with an all 314 mock up a lot recently so I don’t hate the idea.

I don’t care for the frac color though, too dark IMO and I don’t think the retro lavender chip looks very vintage

Haha j/k Pat.

I love the look of vintage sets like this...the latest rendition by @dew4au The Signal set comes to mind as an awesome execution of a vintage look.

I would, however, mix up the spot colors per denoms.

Sets that repeat a 312 pattern aren’t my favorite, but they’re bold and demand to be noticed. These 314s (or are they 318s?) are too timid for my tastes..
Also, I understand the solid frac. But the solid frac and solid one? That’s not for me.

I'm guessing you're stamping these so some consideration of how the stamp colour works with the chips should be made. A chocolate chip may not inspire when plain but a chocolate chip with silver foil stamp could look stunning!

I'm guessing you're stamping these so some consideration of how the stamp colour works with the chips should be made. A chocolate chip may not inspire when plain but a chocolate chip with silver foil stamp could look stunning!
It was the Tropicana stamp and switching to the lavender chip that led me to the darker frac.

As long as the base colors are easily distinguishable, I wouldn't complain over similar spots and spot colors. I'm not fond of very dark chips though, so (at least normally) I don’t love maroon and black that much. With hotstamps the maroon might actually be great. Are you going to use different foil colors?

I love it.
To me the same spot pattern throughout a set gives it a classic card room look. Be it 314 or 312.

I've been checking a lot of 314 chips lately, because I've milled a set and I'm looking for inspiration.

There's lots of repeating 314 patterns that can be found on The ChipGuide..and they all look good.

Even the ones using identical spot colors. ;)
Can't wait to see the final results.
I'm also in the spotted $1 camp, but works either way.

I love it.
To me the same spot pattern throughout a set gives it a classic card room look. Be it 314 or 312.

I've been checking a lot of 314 chips lately, because I've milled a set and I'm looking for inspiration.

There's lots of repeating 314 patterns that can be found on The ChipGuide..and they all look good.

Even the ones using identical spot colors. ;)
Can't wait to see the final results.
I'm also in the spotted $1 camp, but works either way.
Thanks!, this one is on hold, I need to tweak the stamp a bit.

I think the 314 is way nicer than 312 because you can see more of the base color on the edge. This can be key with cpc chips and potential dirty stacks. Plus I just love the look of a 1/4 or 1/8 spot.

I think the mustard "Yellow" is only useable with Imperial Blue (not even alone itself)
I might also have different spot colors on each chip.
The solid Retro Lavender is very nice as a frac.

I think the mustard "Yellow" is only useable with Imperial Blue (not even alone itself)
I might also have different spot colors on each chip.
The solid Retro Lavender is very nice as a frac.
I love the way the yellow stamps with gold foil. When I start switching colors per denom I start to not like the 314 spot. I shouldn't be ordering last minute but here I am lol

I know I broke some major custom chip rules with the edge spots ,but Ive always liked the look when I came across vintage sets with the same edge spots.

I also ordered a rack of pink for the frac but after switching from a green $25 to the retro lav $20 i thought I needed a darker frac.

View attachment 524174

Breaking rules with custom sets? That's all I've ever done! lol

I've liked about every single maroon base chip from CPC that I've ever seen. A maroon frac would be interesting and unique at the same time. I'd look forward to seeing what it looked like stamped.

Simple spots across the board have a certain elegance to them. I'm considering a tourney set with nothing but 314 spots at some time in the future. Overall I'd be happy to sack your design in front of me at a game.

Thanks for the input! This is what I ordered. Small cash set with following breakdown.
Only at a meet up would there be any quantity of the $25's and $100's and even then I don't see many coming out on the felt. I'm pretty sure this will be the set for the cabin!
e269d7fa-9795-43d7-9dca-188e57d73049.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom