Do you think these chips are faded? (1 Viewer)

Trihonda

Straight Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
One of my first tourney sets was the clay smith Milano chips. I had quite the collection, but have since sold all but a traveling tourney set. I usually play in a Sunday casual 3 table bar game, and I provide the chips when I play.

Over the last year or so, the pink 5k chips have appeared pretty faded, so I finally just ordered replacements. Happy with the darker more definable color, but the height difference is stark. I know ordering chips years apart will often result in inconsistencies, so I was ready for that. I think getting the colors right was more important.

IMG_9606.jpeg

IMG_9607.jpeg

I had a set of Milano's sitting in a closet for a minimum of a year ( so no sun, no heat ) and when I pulled them out both the yellows and pinks had faded exactly like that. All the other colors were fine but does appear certain colors have a shelf life.

It is possible the chips have dried out? Oiling them may bring some of the color back?

Perhaps they forgot to use 10-oz cotton and titanium?

I had the same problem with 1ks and 5ks. I have 1ks and 5ks from a different run and rhey have no fade at all. The effected ones all look like your pics.

It is possible the chips have dried out? Oiling them may bring some of the color back?
No. Oiling had no effect. And these were played. Handled in a bar game. Plenty of oiling likely took place during play…

One of my first tourney sets was the clay smith Milano chips. I had quite the collection, but have since sold all but a traveling tourney set. I usually play in a Sunday casual 3 table bar game, and I provide the chips when I play.

Over the last year or so, the pink 5k chips have appeared pretty faded, so I finally just ordered replacements. Happy with the darker more definable color, but the height difference is stark. I know ordering chips years apart will often result in inconsistencies, so I was ready for that. I think getting the colors right was more important.

View attachment 1279297

View attachment 1279299
Yep. Had that exact thing happen with my Desert Palms, Majestics, and some sprint molds I had sitting around, too. Started getting flea bites like that pink one in the pic. Then eventally all turned brittle as glass.

It was only certain colors, though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom