Hot Dog Roller Pron (18 Viewers)

A little Christmas Eve hot dog rollin’ :wow: with a side of burgers :cool:

B87C69C8-5644-4605-B6DE-2A4E5FD1D4FB.jpeg

440F8489-4203-4E81-B51C-19047DE838CA.jpeg

A4EBE5BB-C119-4502-8683-A9CE3E10EFED.jpeg

How was the cleanup? Any harder than hot dogs?

Exactly the same. I use a sponge with a scrubber while the rollers turn and it goes quick. Then use paper towels until it sparkles again. Less than 10 minutes total.

The drip tray had fat in it but honestly less than when I run dogs for hours.

Exactly the same. I use a sponge with a scrubber while the rollers turn and it goes quick. Then use paper towels until it sparkles again. Less than 10 minutes total.

The drip tray had fat in it but honestly less than when I run dogs for hours.
230 for how long?

230 for how long?

They were probably finished cooking in 20 minutes. I left them on a little longer until we were ready to sit down to eat. Definitley how I will cook sausages from now on.

What temp? Mine will usually run for 6-8 hours at about 230-250. Even with taquitos, mini egg rolls and dogs, I never get to that level. Maybe running too hot?

I was ruuning the unit 250 deg. What I discovered while cleaning it is that the back rollers get significantly hotter than the front rollers at a given temperature. The thermostat for the back rollers must mis-calibrated. I will run the back rollers at a lower temperature next time and see if that makes a difference.

I wonder if ther is a way to calibrate the thermostats so they run at the same temperature?

I was ruuning the unit 250 deg. What I discovered while cleaning it is that the back rollers get significantly hotter than the front rollers at a given temperature. The thermostat for the back rollers must mis-calibrated. I will run the back rollers at a lower temperature next time and see if that makes a difference.

I wonder if ther is a way to calibrate the thermostats so they run at the same temperature?
That's above my pay grade.

that is the opposite of mine. my front 4 run hotter than the back. let me know if you find anything on that

Turn the unit on to get it warm again. Use a wet rag. And all that mess will be off quickly. No sweat.

Not quite that easy for me. This the third time i have used it, but this was the messiest of all. Took a lot of scraping and spray cleaner. Back rollers were really crusty. Anyway, back to normal again.

2C8B905A-B06C-4F8B-9EFF-53D0C78CFACF.jpeg

No chemical cleaners for me. Dont want any hint of that on my hot dogs. Just a hot wet rag and some old fashioned muscle. Easy as hell

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom