Hobby Lobby wood craft playing card case.

JustinInMN

Full House
Reaction score
So @inca911 was kind enough to gift me some desjgn cards a while back, but I needed a storage box.

Of all places, Hobby Lobby happens to carry one.

https://www.hobbylobby.com/Crafts-Hobbies/Painting-Surfaces/Wood/Wood-Playing-Card-Box/p/23280

A pretty good deal for $2.49, plus I grabbed an online coupon for 40% off any item, so out the door for $1.50+tax.

Really good fit for bridge cards. Poker cards fit too but they are a bit snug. Also it's tough to "pick" the cards out of the spots, so I went ahead and fashioned a couple bands out of card stock with an extra fold at the top to make them easy to pick

IMG_20200520_193102735.jpgIMG_20200520_193109018.jpg
IMG_20200520_193123854.jpg
IMG_20200520_193218391.jpg

I am sure the idea is that the box could be stained or custom painted, but it's fine as is for what I wanted.

Jake14mw

Flush
Reaction score
They look great even for $2.50. I wish there was one more convenient to me. The only problem I see is that the cards don't all fit on one side of the box, right? So when you open the box, don't the cards slide around? Is $2.50 the regular price?

JustinInMN

Full House
Reaction score
They look great even for $2.50. I wish there was one more convenient to me. The only problem I see is that the cards don't all fit on one side of the box, right? So when you open the box, don't the cards slide around? Is $2.50 the regular price?

Yes, $2.49 is the regular price, you would find it in the wood craft section, it takes a bit to find it, everything looks alike :p.

The lid of the box seems effective in holding the cards in place even if the deck is taller than the dividers. However, I think fashioning "bands" as I have also curtails that problem.

JustinInMN

Full House
Reaction score
The lid of the box seems effective in holding the cards in place even if the deck is taller than the dividers. However, I think fashioning "bands" as I have also curtails that problem.

Now having looked at my original pics closer (unfortunately no games, I haven't looked at these decks since putting them away), the underside of the box lid itself has spaces to provide the clearance needed for the deck with a divider in the same spot to prevent cards from sliding across. So the bands probably don't help with that. I mainly made the bands to just make them easier to pick out of the wells.

Top Bottom