Hobby Lobby wood craft playing card case. (1 Viewer)

JustinInMN

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
So @inca911 was kind enough to gift me some desjgn cards a while back, but I needed a storage box.

Of all places, Hobby Lobby happens to carry one.

https://www.hobbylobby.com/Crafts-Hobbies/Painting-Surfaces/Wood/Wood-Playing-Card-Box/p/23280

A pretty good deal for $2.49, plus I grabbed an online coupon for 40% off any item, so out the door for $1.50+tax.

Really good fit for bridge cards. Poker cards fit too but they are a bit snug. Also it's tough to "pick" the cards out of the spots, so I went ahead and fashioned a couple bands out of card stock with an extra fold at the top to make them easy to pick

IMG_20200520_193102735.jpgIMG_20200520_193109018.jpg
IMG_20200520_193123854.jpg
IMG_20200520_193218391.jpg

I am sure the idea is that the box could be stained or custom painted, but it's fine as is for what I wanted.

They look great even for $2.50. I wish there was one more convenient to me. The only problem I see is that the cards don't all fit on one side of the box, right? So when you open the box, don't the cards slide around? Is $2.50 the regular price?

They look great even for $2.50. I wish there was one more convenient to me. The only problem I see is that the cards don't all fit on one side of the box, right? So when you open the box, don't the cards slide around? Is $2.50 the regular price?

Yes, $2.49 is the regular price, you would find it in the wood craft section, it takes a bit to find it, everything looks alike :p.

The lid of the box seems effective in holding the cards in place even if the deck is taller than the dividers. However, I think fashioning "bands" as I have also curtails that problem.

The lid of the box seems effective in holding the cards in place even if the deck is taller than the dividers. However, I think fashioning "bands" as I have also curtails that problem.

Now having looked at my original pics closer (unfortunately no games, I haven't looked at these decks since putting them away), the underside of the box lid itself has spaces to provide the clearance needed for the deck with a divider in the same spot to prevent cards from sliding across. So the bands probably don't help with that. I mainly made the bands to just make them easier to pick out of the wells.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom