Hi from Toronto! (1 Viewer)

Hi All!

Excited to be here!

I recently decided that I was going to purchase some high quality poker chips, and have wound up down this rabbit hole I am currently in, so I decided to join you all here in hopes of learning more and buying some new sets!

Cheers!
Im also in Toronto and looking for some chips. Maybe we can save on shipping?

After weighing out the China clay “Tina” options vs the BRPro ceramics I think I’m leaning towards the DDLM set by BRpro.

Let me know what you’re thinking

Im also in Toronto and looking for some chips. Maybe we can save on shipping?

After weighing out the China clay “Tina” options vs the BRPro ceramics I think I’m leaning towards the DDLM set by BRpro.

Let me know what you’re thinking
Hey @jshul! In my research so far I have been leaning towards Apache Poker chips, more specifically the Majestics and the Royals (43mm). I also more recently came across the Tiger Palace chips that I most definitely cannot afford but love. I am not familiar with the BRPro ceramics or the Tina china clays yet, however I can look into those a bit more and let you know. Feel free to DM me and we can continue to chat on it - saving on shipping is always a bonus!

Hi from Atlantic Canada. You have come to the right place to lighten the wallet.
I got a custom Tina set from a group buy and I love them. I don't live far from the US border, so I get everything sent there at a package depot. They hold the packages there as long as you need. We go over every few months to Maine and NH and stay the weekend.
Good luck in your chip purchases.

Last edited:
Hi from Atlantic Canada. You have come to the right place to lighten the wallet.
I got a custom Tina set from a group buy and I love them. I don't love far from the US border, so I get everything sent there at a package depot. They hold the packages there as long as you need. We go over every few months to Maine and NH and stay the weekend.
Good luck in your chip purchases.
Judging by the prices of all the chip sets I like so far, I would definitely have to agree with you - the wallet feels lighter already! I'll have to look into these Tina's - and great idea on the shipping strategy. I have used one of these services in the past and they work great! Thanks for the warm welcome!

Judging by the prices of all the chip sets I like so far, I would definitely have to agree with you - the wallet feels lighter already! I'll have to look into these Tina's - and great idea on the shipping strategy. I have used one of these services in the past and they work great! Thanks for the warm welcome!
@justincarothers has a monthly group buy of chips of many interesting designs, and other items such as Dealer buttons, cards, and chip acrylic trays. The chips are reasonably priced, but it takes a few months to receive them. You have to have a US address to order from him however. I've also ordered custom chips ( no minimum) with my design on another group buy, but that one is only occasionally run. They both get the chips from the same supplier however.
My depot in Calais ME gives a US address based on the local USPS Postal Member Box free of charge.
The PMB # is to tie my name to the USPS office, but it gets delivered to the package depot, where I pick it up at my convenience. That way, the package depot is not liable or responsible for anything shipped that is illegal, etc. I'm not sure if all depots use the same formula, but a call could answer that question.

Last edited:
@justincarothers has a monthly group buy of chips of many interesting designs, and other items such as Dealer buttons, cards, and chip acrylic trays. The chips are reasonably priced, but it takes a few months to receive them. You have to have a US address to order from him however. I've also ordered custom chips ( no minimum) with my design on another group buy, but that one is only occasionally run. They both get the chips from the same supplier however.
My depot in Calais ME gives a US address based on the local USPS Postal Member Box free of charge.
The PMB # is to tie my name to the USPS office, but it gets delivered to the package depot, where I pick it up at my convenience. That way, the package depot is not liable or responsible for anything shipped that is illegal, etc. I'm not sure if all depots use the same formula, but a call could answer that question.
That's great info - thanks very much for sharing! Do you have any links you could share to the previous group buys, and maybe where the future ones will be posted? I'll be sure to keep an eye out that way - thanks again!

That's great info - thanks very much for sharing! Do you have any links you could share to the previous group buys, and maybe where the future ones will be posted? I'll be sure to keep an eye out that way - thanks again!
Here is his Feb group buy. He has one each month for chips. If you want to keep up with the group buys, simply search Group Buy, and a list wuill come up of everything being sold.
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...d-cards-mold-textured-no-mold-02-2024.114431/

I purchased No-mold textured chips from Justin last year, and added the 50 cent chip of the same design from another custom group buy, but had to send them the design file. Unfortunately, this design is no longer offered in no-mold, but a variation of it is in available in greek mold.

Attachments

• chips.jpg
    chips.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 31
  • 50 c.jpg
    50 c.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Here is his Feb group buy. He has one each month for chips. If you want to keep up with the group buys, simply search Group Buy, and a list wuill come up of everything being sold.
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...d-cards-mold-textured-no-mold-02-2024.114431/

I purchased No-mold textured chips from Justin last year, and added the 50 cent chip of the same design from another custom group buy, but had to send them the design file. Unfortunately, this design is no longer offered in no-mold, but a variation of it is in available in greek mold.
Nice chips. From another fan of the Mirage :love:

How far is Toronto from Atlantic Canada ? Whatever that means
A fair way's away! I am still considered East, but those are the most Eastern provinces (East Coast)! I've never been actually, but should probably go visit at some point!

Beautiful chips! Thanks so much for sharing the info (and the pics) - I will take a deeper dive later this evening, and be sure keep my eyes peeled for any upcoming group buys! Are these what are typically referred to as "Tina's"?

How far is Toronto from Atlantic Canada ? Whatever that means
I'm in New Brunswick, bordering the state of Maine and approx 12-14 hours by car to Toronto. I have a niece that is a teacher in the GTA.
Atlantic Canada is made up of 3 provinces which touch the Atlantic Ocean, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island. Because we are close to the ocean, our winters are temperate. Unlike NS and PEI, which got pummelled with 100cm of snow last week, NB got sparred. We have just a hint of snow on the ground in our area.

Beautiful chips! Thanks so much for sharing the info (and the pics) - I will take a deeper dive later this evening, and be sure keep my eyes peeled for any upcoming group buys! Are these what are typically referred to as "Tina's"?
Yes, they are Tina (Chinese company) no-mold chips which have the design sublimated on the chip faces. The mold chips that he sells, are also manufactured by Tina.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom