Hi from Toronto! (2 Viewers)

Yes, they are Tina (Chinese company) no-mold chips which have the design sublimated on the chip faces. The mold chips that he sells, are also manufactured by Tina.
Awesome! Thanks again for the details! So do they typically just do a group buy every few months with different offerings? No way you can pick and choose really?

Awesome! Thanks again for the details! So do they typically just do a group buy every few months with different offerings? No way you can pick and choose really?
@justincarothers does a chip group buy each month, either mold or no mold, or a combination of both.
@TheLemursReturn has done a few custom chip group buys, but not often.

Last edited:
Yes, they are Tina (Chinese company) no-mold chips which have the design sublimated on the chip faces. The mold chips that he sells, are also manufactured by Tina.
Does this mean that Tina’s do not have different colored plastics - the edge spots (I think that’s what you call them) are just dyed?

Beautiful chips! Thanks so much for sharing the info (and the pics) - I will take a deeper dive later this evening, and be sure keep my eyes peeled for any upcoming group buys! Are these what are typically referred to as "Tina's"?
Correct these are Tina chips referenced as such due to the vendor contact name being Tina or something similar lol.

The current group buy is over tomorrow, but be on the look out for the next one.

Welcome to the rabbit hole!

Does this mean that Tina’s do not have different colored plastics - the edge spots (I think that’s what you call them) are just dyed?
I know that no mold chips are sublimated, including the edges because I have a set. You would have to ask about the mold type chips to the ones that order these from Tina.

I'm in New Brunswick, bordering the state of Maine and approx 12-14 hours by car to Toronto. I have a niece that is a teacher in the GTA.
Atlantic Canada is made up of 3 provinces which touch the Atlantic Ocean, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island. Because we are close to the ocean, our winters are temperate. Unlike NS and PEI, which got pummelled with 100cm of snow last week, NB got sparred. We have just a hint of snow on the ground in our area.
Ahem, you're forgetting someone! Newfoundland & Labrador is very much a part of Atlantic Canada! We are not a part of the Maritimes, but definitely a part of Atlantic Canada. The most Eastern part of Atlantic Canada to be precise.

Ahem, you're forgetting someone! Newfoundland & Labrador is very much a part of Atlantic Canada! We are not a part of the Maritimes, but definitely a part of Atlantic Canada. The most Eastern part of Atlantic Canada to be precise.
And I beg your utmost forgiveness. Of course NL is an important region of Atlantic Canada, and a beautiful province to visit.
I have many friends that were born in NL and live in this area.

@justincarothers does a chip group buy each month, either mold or no mold, or a combination of both.
@TheLemursReturn has done a few custom chip group buys, but not often.
So I thought I knew what mold meant (like the design in the chip) but now I am perhaps confused - major newbie question incoming - but what's the different between mold/no-mold?

Correct these are Tina chips referenced as such due to the vendor contact name being Tina or something similar lol.

The current group buy is over tomorrow, but be on the look out for the next one.

Welcome to the rabbit hole!
Welcome to the rabbit hole, indeed! lol! I will definitely be keeping an eye out for the next group buy!

So I thought I knew what mold meant (like the design in the chip) but now I am perhaps confused - major newbie question incoming - but what's the different between mold/no-mold?
I asked the same question years ago, and rather than give you an incorrect explanation, it would be better to ask @justincarothers as he can explain this much better.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...poker-chips-for-beginners-new-members.114884/

The mold means there is an indentation such as the card indentation on the outer layer of the chip.

The no mold will not have any indentation and gives you more room to play.

The new Greek and web mold have said indentation and will have a recessed area in the middle for a label, these will feel more like traditional poker chips.

Hope this helps.

No worries about heading down the rabbit hole...its easy to climb back out ;)

Attachments

• rabbit hole.jpg
    rabbit hole.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 14
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...poker-chips-for-beginners-new-members.114884/

The mold means there is an indentation such as the card indentation on the outer layer of the chip.

The no mold will not have any indentation and gives you more room to play.

The new Greek and web mold have said indentation and will have a recessed area in the middle for a label, these will feel more like traditional poker chips.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for sharing this and helping to clarify! I will look into it this evening!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom