Here we go... (2 Viewers)

Usually just 6 or 7 of us and we play a weekly 0.25/0.50 game with 20 dollar buy and multiple re buys where I just give them some big chips and they get change around the table. Right now we use less than 300 chips out of my dice set.

The silver club sunfly chips in the classifieds are also a great option for any new person looking to get some nice chips without breaking the bank.

These are much better than any China Clay chips IMO.

Someone may have already said this and if they did I apologize, but you should start but getting samples of everything you think you might like. I have literally hundreds of samples and I not only use them on some poker nights but I also used them early on to decide what I do and don't like in a chip. So, I recommend you grab some samples, and see what you really like in a chip.

I have gotten many samples. Even received some Elites from @Sunshine and solidified my want for some clays. Have now made an order for some Atlantic Club hot stamps that will work as cash and tourney for the time being for my small group. Joining this forum has been awesome.

I have gotten many samples. Even received some Elites from @Sunshine and solidified my want for some clays. Have now made an order for some Atlantic Club hot stamps that will work as cash and tourney for the time being for my small group. Joining this forum has been awesome.
Glad you got some samples! Welcome to pcf!

Can't take credit for the Elites. That was all BSteck's generosity. I just passed them along.

Derail imminent: Gah, don't play .25/.50 with people buying in for 20. Short stacked out of the gate. If the comfort level is 20, then play .10/.20. Or, for chip convenience, at least go to .25/.25.

I thought the same thing, but after playing a handful of times with this format it has worked very well. Almost everyone rebuys immediately so I have thought about starting with a 40.00 buy in, but not sure if everyone would be willing to put that much in upfront.

He said the "DC" word. GET HIM!!!!

Even when I first started I hated dice chips.
These are super diamond but they have a better feel though it isn’t necessarily uniform in material.

I’m so excited to get started on the 8V’s 3rd and final main cash set. We are going to have 3 locations for our cash game.

Attachments

• 3D28457F-02F1-4EA0-9323-D63677F1C14B.jpeg
    3D28457F-02F1-4EA0-9323-D63677F1C14B.jpeg
    86.5 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Can't take credit for the Elites. That was all BSteck's generosity. I just passed them along.

Derail imminent: Gah, don't play .25/.50 with people buying in for 20. Short stacked out of the gate. If the comfort level is 20, then play .10/.20. Or, for chip convenience, at least go to .25/.25.

My game started this way and we did 5c 10 c blinds. Now we are at 10c 20c blinds with a 10c ante.

THe ante really improves pot size in our game.

Your mileage may vary.

Welcome,

Your game will grow. Buy a set that can grow. Also, the way you spread your chips affects the action and the fun.

Get 100x.25c, 300x$100, 200x$5. 600 chips.
Players will have stacks of whites, make way less change and the pots will look great and the game will play looser.
Today you have 6 players. Tomorrow you have 8-9. Today its .25/.50. Tomorrow its .50/1, 1/1 etc.

I love my Tiki ceramics and I just bought the Muertos too. I will eventually make a custom CPC set. But I personally feel that unless you play in a great room on a great custom felted table and for at least $1/$2 - $2/$5 stakes, spending $3k plus on chips is overkill. That's just me.

I play regularly in games with the Monte Carlo and Cash Club plastic chips, (theyre ok but they look like toys),
and the Milano china clays. I also have sample sets of all the china clays like Dunes, Pharaos etc.. They are slippery as hell and their colours dont come close to bold ceramics. Forget stacking chips. Its not clay. Clay is expensive. Either get true clay or go ceramic.

But the ABC/ BRPRO ceramics are outstanding.
Once you play a few games with bright colourful chips, that are easy to separate in a big mixed pot, and stack 50plus high without so much as a wiggle, you will understand the difference. Go splurge:).

Lighting is a bit bright, these are the stock option colors with retro lavender rather than the yellow

You're going to be using these at cents, correct? 25 = $.25, 100 - $1.00 etc?
Correct! Figured in the future I could expand this set for small stack tourneys and maybe add some starburst Paulsons

Correct! Figured in the future I could expand this set for small stack tourneys and maybe add some starburst Paulsons

Yeah I did a similar thing when I only had tourney chips starting out. My gang didn't have a problem with it. You have enough to host a STT. You can always add another box or two of Atlantics to give yourself some flexibility in your breakdown. I dunno about mixing Paulsons and CPC / ASMs. Some people do it with RHC and FDLs, but I'm not a huge fan of mixing THCs and A-Molds. You can surely try it out to see!

My distant goal in the future is to make a 1/4 pie CPC set, but for now I will thoroughly enjoy playing with these!

My distant goal in the future is to make a 1/4 pie CPC set, but for now I will thoroughly enjoy playing with these!

Well might as well head on over to the chip design tool and start posting in the Mock-ups for fun thread. Do you have any ideas for a theme? I found my inspiration close to home. Once I saw this stationary from a Victorian era hotel in Cherokee county I was hooked. The Signal was my project from then on.

signal%20invitation%20outside.jpg

Well I am an Auburn alumni and would love to have a set with the Samford Hall clock as the inlay. As stated though, this will be the very distant future.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom