Help with CPC custom set (1 Viewer)

Darthhoodie

Flush
Reaction score
Hi all, I need some advice on a new custom CPC set. Let me know what you think about the color scheme and edge spots. I am not into deviating too much from the standard base colors, and ever since my Avalon Club set I real love the hot stamp. I'm just not sure if this set too standard for a custom set if that makes any sense. Thanks!!
Phoenix.png

Cool stamp. Is it going to be the same stamp on both sides or will there be a side with a denomination?

The colors all work well, but there isn't really a spot progression other than the red to green chip.

I'm a few beers in. Take what I have to say with a grain of salt.

lose the green chip edge spots. You can keep the colors. A simple change of the edge spots and this set will work perfect

traditional colors look good. I'm just not a fan of the 614 spot pattern. Maybe 618 instead? Just my opinion obv. I probably had 100 hours into the poker chip designer for the cash set I just ordered. after enough time I was able to find combos that stuck. I would play around with it as much as possible (designer not anything else) before you make your decision. IMO

Cool stamp. Is it going to be the same stamp on both sides or will there be a side with a denomination?

The colors all work well, but there isn't really a spot progression other than the red to green chip.

Thanks for the input,
I was thinking about keeping the stamp on both sides instead of denominations to get a little more flexibility out of the set.
I will fool with the edge spots a bit.
Thanks!

That would be a cool hot stamp set for sure. No denoms always tilt me a little though.....

I actually like the spot pattern also, and the colors...... only color I might change is to make the spots on the 25s brighter........seem a little muted in comparison to the others

Maybe a brighter orange and keep the yellow?

Just a thought.......

And also defiantly take your time and try a bunch of stuff custom sets are expensive and worth the time and effort spent designing

As someone who just completed his first custom set, I would offer the following advice. Send as much time as you can in the design tool. Even when you think you are done, keep experimenting. There were several times I thought I was done and the set couldn't get any better, but I kept finding improvements.

Here is a pic of the design I started with, and where I ended up (after 27 iterations)...

alphaomega.png

Reactions: Nex
How does this look with denominations, do you think the numbers are too small? View attachment 125715 View attachment 125717 View attachment 125718

All the progressions work well. The top one is pretty awesome, but expensive! Those are all high level spots, but so are the bottom option. The middle are a great value option. I like them all, so it's what you can afford and prefer.

I'm not an expert with hot stamping, but I'm pretty sure that the denomination is to small for it to work. You'll end up with a blob of foil. Some people that have sets and done the actual stamping can verify though.

Cool design!

Agree the denoms will be problematic at that size.

Are you open to altering the design slightly, to free up a little space for the denoms?

You could reduce the phoenix's neck a bit, shorten the wing curve - that'd give more space for the denom, potentially.

Reactions: 72o
The size of the denoms could be okay if the font was different. The one you use has way too much variation in thickness and there's some very thin lines because of it. If you can find a more balanced font it might work at that size.

My 5c regarding colors/spots --

The red one definitely looks best to me of all the color combos you've used. Be aware however that the red as well as the charcoal are a lot darker in person than on screen. Putting my color samples together, it looks kind of dark all in all. The red-gray combo looks great, but the charcoal pulls it down imo.

Green chip: Colors work well together. DG peach is a lot more saturated in person than on screen. The combination can still work but do check out DG arc yellow as a potential alternative if you have color sample chips (which you should!)

Black chip: Not a fan of using very saturated red-ish and blue together. Too much visual chaos imo.

Purple chip: Think this color combo is a classic one from Paulson... nonetheless not a fan of it.

Last edited:
The size of the denoms could be okay if the font was different. The one you use has way too much variation in thickness and there's some very thin lines because of it. If you can find a more balanced font it might work at that size.

My 5c regarding colors/spots --

The red one definitely looks best to me of all the color combos you've used. Be aware however that the red as well as the charcoal are a lot darker in person than on screen. Putting my color samples together, it looks kind of dark all in all. The red-gray combo looks great, but the charcoal pulls it down imo.

Green chip: Colors work well together. DG peach is a lot more saturated in person than on screen. The combination can still work but do check out DG arc yellow as a potential alternative if you have color sample chips (which you should!)

Black chip: Not a fan of using very saturated red-ish and blue together. Too much visual chaos imo.

Purple chip: Think this color combo is a classic one from Paulson... nonetheless not a fan of it.

Nice work on the Club Hel set!! You have inspired me to rethink my approach and make something truly fun and special.

Reactions: Nex

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom