Help with first custom set (2 Viewers)

Ditto

Waiting List
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've used your forum to learn a bit about the types of custom setups and mulled over the decision for a few months but I'm ready to do a custom set. I scooped a sample set from BR PRO and I really liked how their ceramic felt. I have a group that's been meeting weekly for 5 years strong. We used to do cheap tournament style but now it's just $25 cash games. sometimes dealer's choice. I really want my set to be all Kirby themed so I scoured the images I want to use I just need help getting them to be design ready for BR PRO. Any and all feedback or assistance is welcome.

Thinking different denominations for each chip will have a specific "hat" and color scheme so there isn't any confusion.

Increments would be .10 .20 .50 1.00 5.00 (This is how we've been doing our increments for the last 8 months and it just works for our group, we have a $5-25 buy in and there's usually no limit on rebuys.)

Dealer Chip Kirby
Big Blind King Dedede
Small Blind Meta Knight

Attachments

• 100px-KSA_Yo-Yo_Kirby_Artwork.png
    100px-KSA_Yo-Yo_Kirby_Artwork.png
    16.9 KB · Views: 54
  • 100px-KSSU_Paint_Kirby_Artwork.png
    100px-KSSU_Paint_Kirby_Artwork.png
    19.7 KB · Views: 49
  • 125px-KSA_Cook_Artwork.png
    125px-KSA_Cook_Artwork.png
    23.2 KB · Views: 37
  • KRtDLD_Whip.png
    KRtDLD_Whip.png
    24.1 KB · Views: 37
  • KRtDLD_Sword.png
    KRtDLD_Sword.png
    12.8 KB · Views: 33
  • KRtDLD_Stone.png
    KRtDLD_Stone.png
    13.9 KB · Views: 34
  • KRtDLD_Sleep.png
    KRtDLD_Sleep.png
    15.9 KB · Views: 38
  • dedede big blind.png
    dedede big blind.png
    8.8 KB · Views: 37
  • Dealer Chip.png
    Dealer Chip.png
    7.2 KB · Views: 38
  • 150px-KCC_Meta_Knight_Artwork_1.png
    150px-KCC_Meta_Knight_Artwork_1.png
    17.7 KB · Views: 45
It's not clear if you have any specific question and there are no chips to critique here. Definitely very early stages of this project.

I would focus on one art style for better consistency. (2D or 3D).

Then comes designing the chip.

- An illustrator (or Photoshop skills) for making the images print-ready
- A designer (or Illustrator skills) for making the design print-ready. You can email BR Pro and ask if they have design guidelines

It's not clear if you have any specific question and there are no chips to critique here. Definitely very early stages of this project.

I would focus on one art style for better consistency. (2D or 3D).

Then comes designing the chip.

- An illustrator (or Photoshop skills) for making the images print-ready
- A designer (or Illustrator skills) for making the design print-ready. You can email BR Pro and ask if they have design guidelines
I guess I'm trying to see if anyone can assist me with the designing process so I can submit it to BR Pro. Or if anyone has any alternatives. I'm not sure what the design assistance would cost but I'm open to hearing from someone. Also you make a great point, I'll settle for 2d images for simplicity

I know, I know. My group is odd and I've been told by a few different people but every time we've tried using .25 instead of .2 we find the ten cents go unused

I guess I'm trying to see if anyone can assist me with the designing process so I can submit it to BR Pro. Or if anyone has any alternatives. I'm not sure what the design assistance would cost but I'm open to hearing from someone. Also you make a great point, I'll settle for 2d images for simplicity
BR Pro has paid design services.

FE805EC3-A6AB-4A35-82B9-1B316B5893D1.jpeg

There's also some designers here who have designed BR Pro sets, including:

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/welcome-to-sunnyhill-poker.69636/
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...mics-here-too-right-47mm-wsop-tributes.69021/

xp4TwN3.gif

which leads to ... 5c, 25c, $1, $5 (+$25)

4i5j2Kb.jpg

:p ;)

(I really must try and stop communicating with images but I just can't help myself :whistle: :whistling:)
All good, I know how it sounds anytime I have a new person at our table.

I was going that route last as I've seen people on this forum talk about people helping each other. I'm not sure how much the design process would cost so that's what I'm trying to determine is the best route with this post.

I was going that route last as I've seen people on this forum talk about people helping each other. I'm not sure how much the design process would cost so that's what I'm trying to determine is the best route with this post.
Depending on what you are looking for, there are a number of people that have done free design work (or in exchange for samples).

Let me start by saying that I love these chips. I agree with what someone else said about sticking to 2d or 3d but the actual designs are awesome.

Here's my thoughts:
Thinking different denominations for each chip will have a specific "hat" and color scheme so there isn't any confusion.
This is confusing lol. I think the chips need denominations. No one is going to remember the hat for the denomination.

Increments would be .10 .20 .50 1.00 5.00 (This is how we've been doing our increments for the last 8 months and it just works for our group, we have a $5-25 buy in and there's usually no limit on rebuys.)
I think you need to make it stop working lol. This denominations add too many unnecessary chips to the table. If you play 10c/20c I'd recommend losing the 20c and 50c and replacing it with a single 25c and doing 10c/25c (I'd also prefer 2x 5c chips instead of 1x 10x chip for SB). Alternatively at that point you could probably just make the jump to 25c/25c and have 1 chip instead of 3.
Dealer Chip Kirby
Big Blind King Dedede
Small Blind Meta Knight
This is pretty cool. You might also consider losing the SB/BB button and instead using these for prop games (Nit button, Bounty, Bomb button, rock, etc.)

Definitely keep updating here. I'd love to see how the chip comes out

If you know for sure your going with Br Pro maybe get a quote from their guy? I asked them this same Question and this is what they sent me.

Thank you for your email! I’m happy to help with getting a custom order started. We don’t have an in-house graphic artist for custom designs, but we have one that we highly recommend if you’d like to contact him for a quote and to discuss design options. His name is Matt Rossetti

So I chose to have @mattross1313 work on my Archer set. He has done some amazing work here for others and is a fellow chipper.

Last edited:
If you know for sure your going with Br Pro maybe get a quote from their guy? I asked them this same Question and this is what they sent me.

Thank you for your email! I’m happy to help with getting a custom order started. We don’t have an in-house graphic artist for custom designs, but we have one that we highly recommend if you’d like to contact him for a quote and to discuss design options. His name is Matt Rossetti and his email address is mrossetti@mail.com

Having said that I chose to have @mattross1313 work on my Archer set as he has done some amazing work here for others and is a fellow chipper.
I wonder if it's even worth the headache after all the flack that RJ got for the Super Mario World chips.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom