Help, please. (1 Viewer)

Statesvegas

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
This inquiry is separate and distinct from the one below related to the ceramic currency based set. That set is still in its infancy stages, the issue I have below is a little more pressing.

I had placed an order for some solid clay chips with inlay from Classic Poker Chips, and if I am going to be part of the next rotation for the FDL mold they really need my artwork by this coming Wednesday. This is going to be a cash set, .25/$1/$5/$25 denominations. The colors I selected for the chips are Canary, light chocolate, black and gray. I do not desire the change the colors of the chips. I believe I want to use the largest labels that I can fit on the mold, but am open to suggestions. This is not my first set of chips from Classic Poker Chips.

The theme for my chips will be the dogs that we have (and had) in my home. We presently have three dogs: a Newfoundland (all Black); a rescued Australian cattle dog (see avatar, he doesn't leave my side, and is staring at me as I type this); and a Bassett Hound (tri-color; black blanket back). We recently had to put down a very loyal companion that was a rescued mixed breed, and I hope to honor him on the fourth chip of the set. Each time a new player comes to the home, they marvel at the number of dogs (and the size of the Newf). Photos of the dogs are attached below. Would like the name of my town included on the face of the chip, Statesville, NC.

Originally, I had planned on using actual photos of profiles of the dogs on the chips, but the more I nose around on here the more I am leaning away from photographic images and towards graphic representations of images. I have no artistic ability. I had a friend planning on doing some mock ups for me this weekend when he returned from vacation, but he just sent me an email telling me that he had concerns about his ability to put together what I was looking for in a timely manner. He is somewhat of a perfectionist, and I do not want to cause him unnecessary stress with an impending deadline if I can avoid it. If I can't make the Wednesday deadline, then I cant.

It was suggested in my other inquiry/thread that I might receive assistance with design from the forum I asked for it, so I am asking. Any guidance I can get would be very much appreciated.

Personal information if that would help with the design: Married for 25 years, 4 kids, 8 years in Marine Corps.(enlisted) a lifetime ago (90-98), BBQ enthusiast (have a team that does 4-5 competitions per year), big Carolina Panthers fan.

Thank you in advance for any assistance/advice/guidance that can be offered.

Attachments

• IMG_0042.jpeg
    IMG_0042.jpeg
    178.8 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_1802.JPG
    IMG_1802.JPG
    133.1 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_1016.JPG
    IMG_1016.JPG
    177.2 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_0967.JPG
    IMG_0967.JPG
    107.8 KB · Views: 191
I would not rush this trying to meet a Wednesday deadline.

If its me, I'd find a cartoonist on fiverr or similar website and from those cartoons, a designer (myself or any of the other talented designers on the forum) could set up the inlays from there.

I'd pick one theme, perhaps the dogs and perhaps work in some of the other details you mentioned in the design details. An inlay is small and you are best served with a focused design.

I would not rush this trying to meet a Wednesday deadline.

If its me, I'd find a cartoonist on fiverr or similar website and from those cartoons, a designer (myself or any of the other talented designers on the forum) could set up the inlays from there.

I'd pick one theme, perhaps the dogs and perhaps work in some of the other details you mentioned in the design details. An inlay is small and you are best served with a focused design.
I appreciate the guidance. Thank you.

After some direct communications with some forum members and the advice above, I have come to the conclusion that the Wednesday deadline is not doable. I am going to get some renderings of the 4 dogs done by the same person for continuity, and we will see where we go from there. Thank you all for your assistance.

Customs should never be rushed. You don't want to spend this kind of money for something that might end up sub-par.

Sucks on the timing but ^this^, very much this. Good decision to take your time and get them designed right.

Love the basset, he looks like a ton a fun (and mischief lol)

Some potential inspiration:
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/resources/trumans-house.12/
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/bubbs-poker-den-tournament-set-cpc-b-diamond.10335/
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/the-hound-dog-poker-club-asm-hourglass-mold-hotstamp.5692/

Sucks on the timing but ^this^, very much this. Good decision to take your time and get them designed right.

Love the basset, he looks like a ton a fun (and mischief lol)

Some potential inspiration:
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/resources/trumans-house.12/
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/bubbs-poker-den-tournament-set-cpc-b-diamond.10335/
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/the-hound-dog-poker-club-asm-hourglass-mold-hotstamp.5692/
The Basset is quite the handful, to be sure.
At the suggestion of a forum member, I have submitted some photos to Fiverr to get some digital drawings done that will give me some continuity across the images of the dogs and make them more chip friendly. I'll share the renderings when they are done in a few days, and hopefully the group can provide further guidance at that time. I'm not in a rush....

As promised, please find included the modified images of the dogs for the chips to be created.

Can you vectorize these images or transform them to look "flatter" with patcher graphics? Personally, I'm not a fan of photoreal or photo cropped images on chip faces. Something that looks drawn or stylized looks better, IMHO.

Can you vectorize these images or transform them to look "flatter" with patcher graphics? Personally, I'm not a fan of photoreal or photo cropped images on chip faces. Something that looks drawn or stylized looks better, IMHO.
I may look into seeing if a friend can mess with the images some. My desire is to see how they may look in some mock ups as is and go from there as needed.

i would really look at hooking up with one of the designers from the forum. Don't rush this. Unless you do something super basic like a rounders type chip with the dog heads and chip value only on it.... I have heard folks going back and forth with their designers a ton of times to get the design "Just Right".

I want a set that I will be happy with, but at the same time am looking for a simple design. I am not in a rush at all, and at some point will likely utilize someone to assist with the design from the forum, as a few have reached out to me directly already. At this juncture, I am just looking for some big picture ideas from any forum members that might be willing to offer advice.

Here is where I landed on the chips. I tried to keep things simple.

Ended up going with a 7/8" inlay after reviewing some dialogue on the forum regarding inlay size and preferences. These will be going into production soon. thanks to all who assisted.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom