Help me finish my (mostly) 312 THC micro-stakes set (2 Viewers)

@ekricket has some solids I think ... if you went with those brown solid nickels, you could go this way?

And I think this breakdown would be playable from a quantity and bank standpoint, if I have your counts correct. Getting all of your 5c/25c/$1/$5 in play covers more than 2x $30 buy ins per player, and would be 50 chips/player at a full table - not heaps of chips, but not locked up in value chips either. Your $20s and $100s would be additional bank and insurance against crazy nights. As the game grows, you'd probably want more $5s and eventually $20s to maintain playability when the stakes go up.

1645800163922.png

1645800005371.png

@ekricket has some solids I think ... if you went with those brown solid nickels, you could go this way?

And I think this breakdown would be playable from a quantity and bank standpoint, if I have your counts correct. Getting all of your 5c/25c/$1/$5 in play covers more than 2x $30 buy ins per player, and would be 50 chips/player at a full table - not heaps of chips, but not locked up in value chips either. Your $20s and $100s would be additional bank and insurance against crazy nights. As the game grows, you'd probably want more $5s and eventually $20s to maintain playability when the stakes go up.

View attachment 869501

View attachment 869498
I’ve got solids and spots as well.

B798F305-A161-49F8-8AEB-82145DCFBAF4.jpeg
07F96850-9509-4CD6-8B90-7AC5FFC02490.jpeg

Have we already ruled out Orange .25, Blue $1, Red $5 or does this just prove I didn’t actually read the whole book?

That combo would look great with any solid nickel.
Yeah, the numbers don't work. I like lots of quarters so I would need 30-50 more oranges to make them quarters.

Thanks to everyone who is contributing and making suggestions. I really appreciate it and I am genuinely thinking about all the great ideas.

This is where I'm at right now:
  • Probably giving up on the idea of a white 312 $1. This set was put together on a budget, and any white 312 will probably end up costing as much as I have tied up in the entire rest of the set. So it really doesn't make any sense. The sky blue/mint chip is almost certainly going to be my $1.
  • No need to try and convince me to shift around what I have now to "make it work" or to reduce the numbers of chips I want for quarters and dollars. Once I invest in custom labels for these, they will probably be a forever set. So I'm pretty stuck on having a minimum of 160 quarters and 200 dollars. Only way I can make the orange chip my quarter is if someone has 50 more of them to sell me.
  • Will continue to look for another color of 312 to work as a quarter. (or dollar) Still hoping to stay under $2.50 per chip if possible. That is more than I paid for every other chip in the lineup. Remember, I do not need or even want "minty." Other than the dark blue chips, all of these are used with rounded edges. But they also almost all stand on edge. So that's the condition I'm looking for.
  • Going with a 212 quarter and a solid nickel is also now a very viable option. And the 212 does not have to be white, although it's okay if it is. There are a couple possible options out there in white right now, but happy to look at yellow, brown, tan, pink, green, or any other color that is not already dominant in the set. Budget for a 212 is lower than the budget for a 312.
  • If I go the 212 route, I need to nail that down before selecting the solid color nickel. I will do that last.
Thanks again! This has been a fun exercise!

SUCCESS!!!

I decided to go ahead and buy these.

Off White with Blue 212.jpg

These 212s will become my quarters! In addition to this rack, I have a line on a few more barrels to hopefully get my count up to 160.

Next step will be to find an appropriate solid to take over the nickel spot. But I want to get these in hand first and figure out exactly which color I want. The base on these is an off-white. Some options would be lilac (I believe that is the spot color on my dark blue $20) yellow, pink, orange or brown.

So what’s the lineup going to be?
Funny you should ask. I just made a deal on some solids to be the nickels in the past hour. The ones in the middle. I'm told they are lilac. Thank you @Gorbash !!!

Pink Purple Comparison.jpg

The River Bend 212s will get murdered and become quarters. The Sky blue / Mint green (I think) will be dollars. The Town Tavern Red / green will be $5s and the Dark Blue (?) / Lilac (hopefully, to match the nickels) will be $20s.

20220305_143416.jpg

As I've said, I play mostly micro stakes. But if I ever need them, I have these metallic gold / blue to be hundos.

20220306_165858.jpg

Once everything comes in I'll have enough chips for this distribution:

$0.05 x 100
$0.25 x 160
$1.00 x 200
$5.00 x 100
$20.00 x 40
$100.00 x 20

I may look for another rack of Town Taverns just in case my games grow and I need more $5s. And I'll be on the lookout for a few more of the dark blues and the metallic golds as well. But this number should be more than sufficient for any current single table games I'm playing with typically $20 - 40 buy-ins.

Last edited:
Funny you should ask. I just made a deal on some solids to be the nickels in the past hour. The ones in the middle. I'm told they are lilac. Thank you @Gorbash !!!

View attachment 874770

The River Bend 212s will get murdered and become quarters. The Sky blue / Mint green (I think) will be dollars. The Town Tavern Red / green will be $5s and the Dark Blue (?) / Lilac (hopefully, to match the nickels) will be $20s.

View attachment 874772

As I've said, I play mostly micro stakes. But if I ever need them, I have these metallic gold / blue to be hundos.

View attachment 874785

Once everything comes in I'll have enough chips for this distribution:

$0.05 x 100
$0.25 x 160
$1.00 x 200
$5.00 x 100
$20.00 x 40
$100.00 x 20

I may look for another rack of Town Taverns just in case my games grow and I need more $5s. And I'll be on the lookout for a few more of the dark blues and the metallic golds as well. But this number should be more than sufficient for any current single table games I'm playing with typically $20 - 40 buy-ins.
Great looking set! Well done.

New chips are in! Definitely look to be Lilac and very pretty! Got a couple barrels cleaned and oiled to see how close they are to the edge spot on the dark blue (navy?) chips. Close? - Yes, but not exact. Not 100% sure, but I think the edge spot is Petunia. The two barrels in the middle are cleaned and oiled. Other two are not.

20220311_215620.jpg

Here's the complete lineup. After murdering/milling these will be Nickel, Quarter, Dollar, 5 Dollar, 20 Dollar and 100 Dollar.

20220311_222022.jpg

20220311_222340.jpg

OK, I have been away from this for a very long time. I changed my mind a dozen times about what chips I'm going to use. I bought some chips. I sold some chips. But a major piece to the puzzle just arrived today. I was never totally happy with using the blue/mint chips as dollars. And once in hand I really didn't love the River Bend 212s as my quarters. I was still holding out for a white (or whitish) dollar. This week I had a chance to buy 2 nice racks of Silver Sevens, so I jumped on it. And I absolutely LOVE THEM!!!

In addition, I've been playing some bigger games recently. I've realized that I need more than one rack of $5s. Maybe even more than two racks! I bought 4 racks of Sahara Dunes yellow $5s from the Chip Room sale a few months ago. But I was concerned that they were more worn that all my other chips. Then this past weekend at a meetup I played with a nice well worn set of chips and decided that this was not a problem. Worn, leaded chips are a joy to play with. So that's it! Not going to be a full Cali colored set, but I 'm good with yellow $5s.

Here is the lineup at the moment. But I'm not happy with the charcoal chips. They are very sharp and minty, while nothing else in the set is. And they are pretty light. Definitely not leaded. I know the Silver Sevens aren't leaded either, but they are much heavier. Honestly, they "feel" leaded, even if they aren't. Not sure how Paulson did that???

20230121_124412.jpg

So now I'm in the market for new $20. Needs to be excellent used condition. Leaded, or about 9.5g if not leaded. A color that I don't have, although I'd take black and replace the hundos I have, and I'd take purple and replace the lilac nickels. Solid are easy to find, or I might even find a neat colored 312, 212, 314 or 214. So just not blue, not white/light grey and not yellow. Oh, and it should probably be a 3D14 or 3T316.

OK, I have been away from this for a very long time. I changed my mind a dozen times about what chips I'm going to use. I bought some chips. I sold some chips. But a major piece to the puzzle just arrived today. I was never totally happy with using the blue/mint chips as dollars. And once in hand I really didn't love the River Bend 212s as my quarters. I was still holding out for a white (or whitish) dollar. This week I had a chance to buy 2 nice racks of Silver Sevens, so I jumped on it. And I absolutely LOVE THEM!!!

In addition, I've been playing some bigger games recently. I've realized that I need more than one rack of $5s. Maybe even more than two racks! I bought 4 racks of Sahara Dunes yellow $5s from the Chip Room sale a few months ago. But I was concerned that they were more worn that all my other chips. Then this past weekend at a meetup I played with a nice well worn set of chips and decided that this was not a problem. Worn, leaded chips are a joy to play with. So that's it! Not going to be a full Cali colored set, but I 'm good with yellow $5s.

Here is the lineup at the moment. But I'm not happy with the charcoal chips. They are very sharp and minty, while nothing else in the set is. And they are pretty light. Definitely not leaded. I know the Silver Sevens aren't leaded either, but they are much heavier. Honestly, they "feel" leaded, even if they aren't. Not sure how Paulson did that???

View attachment 1063452

So now I'm in the market for new $20. Needs to be excellent used condition. Leaded, or about 9.5g if not leaded. A color that I don't have, although I'd take black and replace the hundos I have, and I'd take purple and replace the lilac nickels. Solid are easy to find, or I might even find a neat colored 312, 212, 314 or 214. So just not blue, not white/light grey and not yellow. Oh, and it should probably be a 3D14 or 3T316.
I knew you'd like the silver sevens! :)

Very nice lineup and I like used chips as well.

View attachment 1063452

Love what you've done, and welcome to the "Ugly Bicycle" (or adjacent) club!

What about CDI98 $5 for a 20? You don't have any red/pink in your set, and they are beauties.
Capture.JPG

Last edited:
Love what you've done, and welcome to the "Ugly Bicycle" (or adjacent) club!

What about CDI98 $5 for a 20? You don't have any red/pink in your set, and they are beauties.
View attachment 1063488
Nice chips for sure, but I'd need them a little more used than the ones in the pic. Being fantasy chips, I suspect most of them that are available are in really good condition. And am I going to get bad juju if I murder them? I know how popular CDIs are.

I was thinking about the fact that I don't have any red chips. Not sure how I feel about a red $20. I also don't have any green chips. I think I might rather go the green/lavender/black/orange route. There are a lot of green $25s that might work for this.

If I did go black and had to replace the black hundo, I could also consider a 4D14 chip. But I think I'd rather stick with everything being 3-something and keep the Aurora's in the hundo spot.

Nice chips for sure, but I'd need them a little more used than the ones in the pic. Being fantasy chips, I suspect most of them that are available are in really good condition. And am I going to get bad juju if I murder them? I know how popular CDIs are.

I was thinking about the fact that I don't have any red chips. Not sure how I feel about a red $20. I also don't have any green chips. I think I might rather go the green/lavender/black/orange route. There are a lot of green $25s that might work for this.

If I did go black and had to replace the black hundo, I could also consider a 4D14 chip. But I think I'd rather stick with everything being 3-something and keep the Aurora's in the hundo spot.

I do have extra CDI $25 greens if you need, but it's true that their overall condition is Ex+.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom