Hello from Toronto (1 Viewer)

Shlivs21

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Long time lurker but just joined the Forum. Glad to be here. Always interested in chips since our trip to Vegas in 1997. I like the uniqueness, tactility, colours and stories of the chips.
Have had 4 kids since 1998 and now they are all interested in poker but unfortunately they can generally kick my butt when we play.
Looking for a worthwhile family set for us to use on family poker nights.
Planning on going back to Vegas with my two oldest when Covid lifts. Stay safe. Shlivs21

Hello and welcome! Some of my favorite games are played with my 8 and 10 year old. Yours are older but still an awesome way to spend some time as a family without TVs/VideoGames/etc!

Thank you DZPoker. Nice to “meet” you. Funny how you introduce the kids to various “standard” activities hockey, soccer, Scouts etc but you gotta keep an open mind and see where they gravitate. I never thought I’d be spending time with the kids playing poker.

Thanks Pippa. Frankly, I don’t exactly know what I’m looking for. We have some real cheap plastic stuff now. I still have a few chips from my ‘97 Vegas trip that feel so much better. I’m assuming that the Vegas’ are Paulson because they look like what’s for sale in the Classifieds but I have no idea. There’s way too much info on the site to process quickly.
Any recommendations?

Thank you. Isn’t the “Cdn” part of your name rhetorical? I thought all Canadians were beer lovers. As an Ex Cadet of RMC and having served, I sincerely appreciate your monicker

Hello and welcome! Always nice to see some more Canucks here!

I've got a sample set of various chips available to Canadian addresses for no-charge evaluation. Just sign up in the thread near the top in the Poker Chip General section, if you want.

Hi Shlivs. Glad you found your way here. Lots of great deals from time to time on the classifieds.
There are some great 8V china clays. Not a big set but might be a good place to start.

Welcome! Are you looking for a cash or tournament sent? Do you have a preset spending budget? Additional info can help us help you!
I would definitely take up the offer for loaner samples. Getting a feel for different types and kinds of chips is VERY helpful in the buying process

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom