Hello from Switzerland (1 Viewer)

@Pinball Hey man, saw you passed through and liked the new set. Think we might be getting close to a "local" swiss meetup game.

Have not checked the rankings since we last spoke and looks like Lausanne and Zurich ended up tied in the end. Did not watch a single game this season, but looking forward to an open arena next.

edit: just saw results from the playoff match up..

It was a very intensiv game. Overall it was a well deserved win for us but it costed too much energy for the games vs Servette.

It was a very intensiv game. Overall it was a well deserved win for us but it costed too much energy for the games vs Servette.
That is too bad, not a big fan of geneva.. Looks like it might have been close in a couple games.

No job yet, but feel like I'm getting close. Still plenty to learn and practice, so staying busy with that.

What? You don’t like Swiss hockey? :wow: Swiss hockey is amazing! Maybe you’re just watching the wrong teams? :cool Allez HC Fribourg-Gottéron!

Small, close-in vertical arenas with fans on their feet the entire game (save for the few actual glass-side seats), dedicated booster sections with large drum/horn contingents leading chants all game (no need for piped-in music at all). Start to finish amazing and a thrilling ambiance that sounds louder than an NHL game. Would take a Swiss game in a heartbeat.

What? You don’t like Swiss hockey? :wow: Swiss hockey is amazing! Maybe you’re just watching the wrong teams? :cool Allez HC Fribourg-Gottéron!

Small, close-in vertical arenas with fans on their feet the entire game (save for the few actual glass-side seats), dedicated booster sections with large drum/horn contingents leading chants all game (no need for piped-in music at all). Start to finish amazing and a thrilling ambiance that sounds louder than an NHL game. Would take a Swiss game in a heartbeat.
Hey man, you sound like me now, you need to reread the whole thread. NHL died for me long ago. I love swiss/eropean/canadian hockey for all the reasons you mentioned, plus many more. NHL is killing the game. At bare minimum please get rid of the crappy small rinks and play on real ice. Feels great to be in a place that embraces the true game. Nearly died when living in DC with the crapitals :sick::vomit:

Still cant get over naming a team after a disney movie... A Disney movie??? Arena called the mighty pond???? That there is america in a nutshell

Hey man, you sound like me now, you need to reread the whole thread. NHL died for me long ago. I love swiss/eropean/canadian hockey for all the reasons you mentioned, plus many more. NHL is killing the game. At bare minimum please get rid of the crappy small rinks and play on real ice. Feels great to be in a place that embraces the true game. Nearly died when living in DC with the crapitals :sick::vomit:

Still cant get over naming a team after a disney movie... A Disney movie??? Arena called the mighty pond???? That there is america in a nutshell
My bad if I misread. The the Ducks- a pure advertising move by Disney (and the Angles).

As for the Caps- I guess you left before they won the cup? :) That was a good season.

It’s funny, I dropped NFL a few year ago, and with COVID, I’ve kind dropped sports all together, it seems.

My bad if I misread. The the Ducks- a pure advertising move by Disney (and the Angles).

As for the Caps- I guess you left before they won the cup? :) That was a good season.

It’s funny, I dropped NFL a few year ago, and with COVID, I’ve kind dropped sports all together, it seems.
All good, thanks for stopping by and participating regardless. I was in DC (technically NOVA) from 91-99 and everyone was obsessed with Dale Hunter.. For me(whalers fan) its not whether you win or lose, but how you play the game. Unfortunately the people I was acquainted with in that area(DC) were overly obsessed with fighting, and the biggest fair weather fans and arm chair quarterbacks I've ever seen, so I was left with that impression.

Hear ya about watching sports, dropped nfl long ago once I learned about rugby. Always preferred to play over spectate.

All good, thanks for stopping by and participating regardless. I was in DC (technically NOVA) from 91-99 and everyone was obsessed with Dale Hunter.. For me(whalers fan) its not whether you win or lose, but how you play the game. Unfortunately the people I was acquainted with in that area(DC) were overly obsessed with fighting, and the biggest fair weather fans and arm chair quarterbacks I've ever seen, so I was left with that impression.
Yeah, total turn off.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom