Guns you own (5 Viewers)

Thanks. I'll look into that.

So this may be a really dumb question, since this is only my second firearm purchase, but I need to get some more mags cuz 7 rounds is the biggest disadvantage to going to the range to shoot a 45. My 9mm holds 19 rounds. Can I use any 45acp 1911 mags, or will only certain ones fit in the Pro Carry II? Any specific recommendations?
Sorry, just getting on and saw your questions. Any 911 mag should work. I personally like the Chip McCormick Power Mags.

Another must do is, like previously mentioned replace the springs. The Kimber springs are not as stiff as they need to be and may cause misfeeds. If I remember correctly a Kimber factory spring comes in at 16-18. I would go with 18.5 to 20 on the recoil spring. There are several replacements out there but I think the spring kit I purchased many years ago was from Wolff.

Digging through old pics, forgot I owned a Kimber 45 for about 3 days, part of a trade- sloppy as hell, shot well enough, but was so heavy it would only be practical to shoulder carry. I sold it 3 days after acquiring - I love the idea of a 1911… until I get it in my hands.

Funny, several years later I’m thinking I might start shoulder carrying- though now it will be my CZ SP01- 19 rounds… no argument thereView attachment 1193954
Yeah, the Stainless II is full size with a steel frame. Weighs 38 oz empty. The big ones are a dream to shoot, but might be a bit much to carry. Mine has the aluminum frame and shorter 4 inch barrel. It weighs in at 28 ounces empty, so should be easy to carry. In fact, it's actually one ounce lighter than my composite framed Springfield XDM 9mm. Something I didn't realize until I just looked it up. Honestly, I hope it's not too light since those 45 rounds pack a punch!

Sorry, just getting on and saw your questions. Any 911 mag should work. I personally like the Chip McCormick Power Mags.

Another must do is, like previously mentioned replace the springs. The Kimber springs are not as stiff as they need to be and may cause misfeeds. If I remember correctly a Kimber factory spring comes in at 16-18. I would go with 18.5 to 20 on the recoil spring. There are several replacements out there but I think the spring kit I purchased many years ago was from Wolff.
Thanks! Is this is what you're referring to? #32725.
https://www.gunsprings.com/index.php?page=items&cID=1&mID=32

I was reading about this upgrade. Seems like a very inexpensive improvement.

Unless you mean the mainspring?

Yeah, the Stainless II is full size with a steel frame. Weighs 38 oz empty. The big ones are a dream to shoot, but might be a bit much to carry. Mine has the aluminum frame and shorter 4 inch barrel. It weighs in at 28 ounces empty, so should be easy to carry. In fact, it's actually one ounce lighter than my composite framed Springfield XDM 9mm. Something I didn't realize until I just looked it up. Honestly, I hope it's not too light since those 45 rounds pack a punch!
They are not too light for a 45 ACP. They are a dream to fire. Also, they are not too heavy to carry. This was my carry weapon until I purchased the matching Kimber Micro 9

Can someone talk me out of buying a Century Arms Ap5? I want a new 9mm and want to get rid of my Keltec sub2000,,,maybe ( I do like the foldabilty and backpack storage ability... but the trigger sucks)

Any downside to these guns?

Can someone talk me out of buying a Century Arms Ap5? I want a new 9mm and want to get rid of my Keltec sub2000,,,maybe ( I do like the foldabilty and backpack storage ability... but the trigger sucks)

Any downside to these guns?
Stop. Listen to meeeeeee.

Do this instead, trust me…

It’s the one on the left with the can

IMG_5868.jpeg

If you are going down the 1911 rabbit hole try to find old articles from Hilton Yam. He is a master of making the modern 1911 run right.

I messed with them for many years and eventually gave up in them when I got into IDPA about 12 years ago. Constantly adjusting extractors and changing spring weights to run different powered ammo got old.

Ended up getting a full size M&P 45 with thumb safety and added a APEX FSS trigger. It’s as accurate as well made but off the shelf 1911 with the same grip angle (with lower bore height) and the trigger from Apex makes it 90% of a 1911.
I could now run factory full power or soft reloads without changing anything and get reliable ejection.

For serious self defense use, if you aren’t willing spend $2500 on a 1911 then just buy a modern polymer pistol

I should have known this was going to happen. Just like with chips. For years I was perfectly happy with one gun. Then I recently added a second one. And now I already have numbers 3, 4, & 5... picked out. Just what I needed, another disease...

I don't know why, but I really think I need this little bad boy next. Complete with the red dot sights and the suppressor. Reminds me of some James Bond spy shit.

Mail Day! Thought I would try out some cheap and some little more expensive mags to see how they shoot in the new Kimber. When they only hold 8 (or 7) rounds, you can never have too many mags. Range day tomorrow to see how I like the gun and the mags.

View attachment 1199161
I see you got some Chip McCormicks! I have several although I ordered them in the Stainless

David

I see you got some Chip McCormicks! I have several although I ordered them in the Stainless

David
Yes, based on your recommendation I decided to try these. I'm going less expensive for this first group since I want volume. I'm not used to having to reload the mags at the range since my Springfield 9mm hold 19 rounds and I have several. These blued Chip McCormick's were only $19. The ProMags were just over $8 so I'm hoping they work well too. If not, no big loss and I'll get some SS McCormick's.

New G43X mos. This is the most popular EDC handgun in the country right now. same size as the popular 43, but with a slightly longer grip (3/4”). the 43 is 6+1. The 43X is 10+1, or 15+1 with the optional Shield Arms flush fit mags shown. Game changer. Just snagged this last night.

IMG_9274.jpeg
IMG_9273.jpeg
IMG_9275.jpeg

New G43X mos. This is the most popular EDC handgun in the country right now. same size as the popular 43, but with a slightly longer grip (3/4”). the 43 is 6+1. The 43X is 10+1, or 15+1 with the optional Shield Arms flush fit mags shown. Game changer. Just snagged this last night.
Just grabbed one of these myself a couple of months ago! It's my first glock. I swore not to customize it, but here I am doing just that. I'll post a couple of pictures as soon as it's all put together and running accordingly.

On a side note...
I was able to grab the shield arms mags for under $30 each

As I wind down chip collecting, I am moving in this direction. Did my first steel plate competition with this gem. Nice gun, but is very picky about the type of ammo. It doesn’t like Winchester brand.
IMG_6655.jpeg

for the next competition I will be moving up to the Volquartsen Black Mamba. what an awesome name for a gun……….
IMG_1697.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom