Guns you own (10 Viewers)

I cannot believe what Ruger wants for a Marlin .30-30 nowadays. I got mine for $189 at Best Products. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

What a blast from the past. I didn’t know Best sold firearms. Did you fill out the card and wait for it to come down the conveyor belt?

Curious what people are paying for ammo, I just bought another 1,000 rounds of 9 mm for $259.00, recently bought 400 rounds of .308 win for .85 each.

I need more .556/.223 but feel like it’s a bit high right now.

I have 5 main calibers - 22LR, 9mm, .556/223, .308, & 12 gauge - I try and stick with the most common made. Where are you getting your bulk ammo and what are you finding for prices? I think I’m good except for 556- what’s a good price?

Yeah it’s curious how low pistol ammo is compared to .556/7.62 varieties. It’s not as high as during past political cycles, so my best guess is the war in Ukraine soaking up supply and/or a lot more people are buying those type of firearms.

What a blast from the past. I didn’t know Best sold firearms. Did you fill out the card and wait for it to come down the conveyor belt?
I remember it like it was yesterday. LOL!!

Bought so many rifles from that place. I also still have my Sears Roebuck Ted Williams Special .22 rimfire rifle that I got for Christmas when I was 13.

Anyone pocket carry? If so would you care to make a recommendation? I'm looking for a summer alternative to IWB CC.

Currently the Ruger LCP Max Chambered in .380 is the leading candidate. But I prefer 9 mm since I don't own any other .380 pistols and don't want to be chasing yet another caliber of ammo :)

Thanks in advance.
P365? I wouldn't consider .380 capable enough. Just carry OC spray, probably as effective. :)

I have several friends who pocket the 365 with little to no printing (given the right pocket holster). They even make an SAS version that has minimalistic sights for this very purpose.

Anyone pocket carry? If so would you care to make a recommendation? I'm looking for a summer alternative to IWB CC.

Currently the Ruger LCP Max Chambered in .380 is the leading candidate. But I prefer 9 mm since I don't own any other .380 pistols and don't want to be chasing yet another caliber of ammo :)

Thanks in advance.
In the summertime I sometimes pocket carry my glock 43x in a DeSantis Nemesis holster. In a pair of shorts you forget it's even there.

I remember it like it was yesterday. LOL!!

Bought so many rifles from that place. I also still have my Sears Roebuck Ted Williams Special .22 rimfire rifle that I got for Christmas when I was 13.
That’s awesome! I recently bought a gorgeous sears roebuck 12 gauge from a poker buddy whose father passed away. It’s a beautiful, simple gun. They don’t make them that pretty anymore at the entry level.

P365? I wouldn't consider .380 capable enough. Just carry OC spray, probably as effective. :)

I have several friends who pocket the 365 with little to no printing (given the right pocket holster). They even make an SAS version that has minimalistic sights for this very purpose.
My EDC is a 1st gen P365XL. It's too big to pocket carry though... I never thought about the smaller versions - I have rather large hands (as a point of reference my golf glove size is a 2XL) and never liked the feel of them.

.380 isn't capable enough? I dunno man - I think the FIBS factor is going to be roughly the same either way.

Just these.

I do have a conceal carry for MN but for now, this is it.

Attachments

• IMG_2973.jpeg
    IMG_2973.jpeg
    323.2 KB · Views: 31
My EDC is a 1st gen P365XL. It's too big to pocket carry though... I never thought about the smaller versions - I have rather large hands (as a point of reference my golf glove size is a 2XL) and never liked the feel of them.

.380 isn't capable enough? I dunno man - I think the FIBS factor is going to be roughly the same either way.
The p365xl is just slightly longer than the glock 43x. You should be able to pocket carry it just fine. Maybe not in jeans, but shouldn't be a problem in cargo shorts or a looser pair of pants.

The p365xl is just slightly longer than the glock 43x. You should be able to pocket carry it just fine. Maybe not in jeans, but shouldn't be a problem in cargo shorts or a looser pair of pants.
It's definitely too big. I primarily wear hang-ten shorts in the summer... it prints a lot in when I stick my IWB holster in my pocket. I also use aftermarket magazine bottoms so my pinky doesn't hang loose off the bottom of the grip while shooting... which adds about 1/3" to the grip length.

I think a trip to the gun store is going to be needed.

You plan to put an optic on that? I have one with a vortex defender, and another on the way. Check out the Shield Arms 15rd flush fit mags. Absolute MUST! :)
My partner talked me into ordering the MOS just to keep my options open. I've honestly never used an optic on any handgun, lol.

It's definitely too big. I primarily wear hang-ten shorts in the summer... it prints a lot in when I stick my IWB holster in my pocket. I also use aftermarket magazine bottoms so my pinky doesn't hang loose off the bottom of the grip while shooting... which adds about 1/3" to the grip length.

I think a trip to the gun store is going to be needed.
No matter which gun you choose, you'll definitely want to pick up a pocket holster instead of using your IWB. You'll notice a huge difference in how it prints and they're designed to make sure the holster stays in the pocket when you draw.

.380 not capable? I think the great majority of would-be attackers are going to be stopped by having a .380 unloaded on them. Are you planning on facing down multiple meth-addicts in body armor? If so, maybe it's not the gun you should consider, it's your lifestyle.

https://www.outdoorlife.com/guns/best-380-ammo/

.380 Hornady Critical Defense ammo is great stuff.

And if your .380 has no problem feeding/firing it (must test), the Lehigh Defense is even better if you want your .380 to penetrate more like a higher caliber

Have you seen the Lehigh Maximum Expansion rounds? They are NASTY!

1708890065310.png

Last edited:
My EDC is my standard P365 in a kydex IWB holster. I would not consider even standard size like mine a pocket gun. My LCP 380 is my summer pocket carry in shorts. Anything I don’t wear a belt with I carry the LCP, single stack- much narrower. The P365 would print in any shorts or gym paints I wear. I love carrying my CZP01 as well ( no light ). It’s a bit bulkier than my 365 and I carry OWB in a leather holster- mostly when wearing a jacket or sweatshirt. ( top gun in pic is my CZSP01( before cajunizin), pretty much relegated to nightstand duty, I can carry it, but she’s weighs up being all steel compared to the aluminum framed P01)

IMG_3204.jpeg

IMG_3854.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5128.jpeg
    IMG_5128.jpeg
    172.5 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
My EDC is my standard P365 in a kydex IWB holster. I would not consider even standard size like mine a pocket gun.

Gotta ask, are you attempting to pocket carry (or commenting) based on the size of the 365 with that 'stendo 12rd mag? Ya, that would print like a summbitch. Most folks I know carry with the flush fit mag, and keep the larger mags for their spare.

I am a huge fan of IWB carry, and never really pocket carry (tho I have a few pocket holsters). I currently wear a 365 in a hybrid IWB holster pretty much every waking moment I'm not at work... It carries so well I don't even know it's there (other than situational and weapon awareness).

I've carried in almost every conceivable manner, and just havent found anything as comfortable (while concealable) as a hybrid IWB holster on my hip.

My partner talked me into ordering the MOS just to keep my options open. I've honestly never used an optic on any handgun, lol.

Handgun optics are the way to go! Almost all LE is moving in that direction, and it's by far more accurate and provides faster target acquisition times. They say it's 30% faster between shots.

I shoot a lot side by side with many different folks, and my G19 with optic is like cheating. I'm a good shot to begin with, but it's that much better.

Here's my current G43x with optic and flush fit 15rd mags. .

IMG_9275.jpeg

IMG_9273.jpeg

Just bought an OD Green Glock 19! Picking it up in 9 days from now! Love ya California!

My latest acquisition. SRM 1216 for home protection. Holds 16 - 2 3/4 or 3” shells. Comes with extra mag.
View attachment 1283435
Ive been trying decide if I want the SRM or Tavor 12. I know the SRMs were a little rocky when they first came, but current reviews look like they got everything ironed out. How is the weight of the SRM?

Ive been trying decide if I want the SRM or Tavor 12. I know the SRMs were a little rocky when they first came, but current reviews look like they got everything ironed out. How is the weight of the SRM?
SRM is better than before but definitely very tight. Needs some breaking in

Received a holster from Vedder, which I'm not overly thrilled about. The finish and materials are amazing, but the fit is insanely tight... even while Flat.

Hybrid holsters get a bunch of their retention when curved around the body, which tightens the retention even more. This holster is impossible to draw from when worn... hate to say it, but this one might be going back to Vedder...

IMG_9640.jpeg

IMG_6790.jpeg

Nothing new, just popped a new Holosun red dot on it, had stolen the red dot off this for my new AKV 9mm. Love this simple gun. Always swap out to a Hogue grip on all my guns, just feel right. I need a pistol AR next, hate only having one gun for this caliber. Like having multiples for SHTF purposes. Used to have multiple AR’s… forgot what reason I made up to get rid of them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom