Guns you own (12 Viewers)

Always wanted a Volquartsen. Never had a chance to fire one, but I handled one at a shop once and you can just tell it's a finely crafted machine.
It is an awesome pistol. The two guys I went to the competition with both have Volquartsen’s. Look great, shoot great.

As I wind down chip collecting, I am moving in this direction. Did my first steel plate competition with this gem. Nice gun, but is very picky about the type of ammo. It doesn’t like Winchester brand.
View attachment 1234633
for the next competition I will be moving up to the Volquartsen Black Mamba. what an awesome name for a gun……….
View attachment 1234636
Love my 22/45…classic.

Love my 22/45…classic.
Yup

IMG_0593.jpeg
IMG_0590.jpeg

Does anyone in here have an FFL or has ever considered getting one?

A little late on this response. Got an FFL about 20 years ago. They shipped a library of books with all the regs/rules/do's/dont's/etc. Paperwork was initially not bad, but each year it kept getting progressively worse. If you're a small dealer you'll be hit up with people wanting you to do the wink-wink sales for them. I didn't do retail, it was mostly for family and close friends due to the regs with shipping firearms and stuff becoming stricter. Truth be told after a couple years it wasn't worth the annual fee, paperwork, insurance, and b.s. with those that find out you've got an FFL and want to bug you all the time (endlessly) providing them with prices on stuff. I found (at the time) there wasn't that much of a difference between FFL pricing and a good sales price at a major retailer. Yeah - you can get your specialty stuff which is cool, but again to summarize; not worth it as an individual not retailing/wholesaling. So I opted out after about the 3rd or 4th year of having it.

Since we're also talking 1911's, might as well share a pic of my plain jane series 80 gov't.

20231206_065053.jpg

So, I have opted to go with an Sig p320 instead of a Glock 45. However, I already bought the Radian afterburner and ramjet combo (compensator and barrel) and coils. If anyone has a gen 5 Glock 19 or 45 (or any Glock with a 19 slide) and is interested in the below Radian package, PM me. If you have a rack of minty AS T100s even better. Thanks!
IMG_6697.jpeg

New slide, night sights (tru-glo) and shiled arms magazines. The mags are a toss up at the moment. Seeing as they sound like a rattle when loaded.
20231208_003159.jpg

IMG_6486.jpeg

Got her fixed up to where I want her, just need to swap to an ALG trigger once back in stock. She’s a tack driver and silly to shoot. Bump fires like a champ( almost without trying)chews thru 35 round mag in 2 secs- can’t help but laugh.

View attachment 1262442
Got her fixed up to where I want her, just need to swap to an ALG trigger once back in stock. She’s a tack driver and silly to shoot. Bump fires like a champ( almost without trying)chews thru 35 round mag in 2 secs- can’t help but laugh.
You can't do that. They said so on the news. Lol

Anyone here on here own a vintage style pistol? I was looking at something like a Cimarron below when my Birthday comes up in May. I wasn’t set on this exact one below, but like something like it. What Caliber do people recommend as the different manufactures I have seen have 45 Long Colt, .38 Special, and 357 Magnum. I wasn’t interested in a .22 as my friend had one and I didn’t like it. Thanks.
IMG_7289.jpeg

Anyone here on here own a vintage style pistol? I was looking at something like a Cimarron below when my Birthday comes up in May. I wasn’t set on this exact one below, but like something like it. What Caliber do people recommend as the different manufactures I have seen have 45 Long Colt, .38 Special, and 357 Magnum. I wasn’t interested in a .22 as my friend had one and I didn’t like it. Thanks.View attachment 1265340
45-70…

Anyone here on here own a vintage style pistol? I was looking at something like a Cimarron below when my Birthday comes up in May. I wasn’t set on this exact one below, but like something like it. What Caliber do people recommend as the different manufactures I have seen have 45 Long Colt, .38 Special, and 357 Magnum. I wasn’t interested in a .22 as my friend had one and I didn’t like it. Thanks.View attachment 1265340
Can't go wrong with 357

They also have the Model P in .45 Colt / .45 ACP dual cylinder.

Curious what people are paying for ammo, I just bought another 1,000 rounds of 9 mm for $259.00, recently bought 400 rounds of .308 win for .85 each.

I need more .556/.223 but feel like it’s a bit high right now.

I have 5 main calibers - 22LR, 9mm, .556/223, .308, & 12 gauge - I try and stick with the most common made. Where are you getting your bulk ammo and what are you finding for prices? I think I’m good except for 556- what’s a good price?

You asked for a vintage pistol:

A Remington Mdl. .44cal, Sept. 14, 1858, called a (New Model 1858 Army), 8" octagon barrel, black powder, approx. 122,000 mfg. It came with the shown U.S. Army (marked) cut-down holster and the rifle bayonet/scabbard marked on the handle "14 N.Y / 255".

Here's the story; The family it was purchased from 50+ years ago stated that this pistol, holster and bayonette belonged to a long-deceased relative who fought in the late Indian Wars, then the Spanish-American War. This makes sense, as the bayonet is the premier model 1898 (stamp dated) that was rushed into production by the Army at the beginning of the Spanish-American War. The pistol was the soldier's father's before him, who fought for the Union in the Civil War. It's in excellent working condition in all respects.

1708133754445.jpeg

Curious what people are paying for ammo, I just bought another 1,000 rounds of 9 mm for $259.00, recently bought 400 rounds of .308 win for .85 each.

I have 5 main calibers - 22LR, 9mm, .556/223, .308, & 12 gauge - I try and stick with the most common made. Where are you getting your bulk ammo and what are you finding for prices? I think I’m good except for 556- what’s a good price?
I just use ammoseek and go from there.
Targetsportsusa is another go to site

I typically buy from SGAmmo. Free shipping on orders over $200. I paid $259 for my last case of American Eagle 124gr 9mm which I thought was very fair for that quality of practice ammo.

Anyone pocket carry? If so would you care to make a recommendation? I'm looking for a summer alternative to IWB CC.

Currently the Ruger LCP Max Chambered in .380 is the leading candidate. But I prefer 9 mm since I don't own any other .380 pistols and don't want to be chasing yet another caliber of ammo :)

Thanks in advance.

Anyone pocket carry? If so would you care to make a recommendation? I'm looking for a summer alternative to IWB CC.

Currently the Ruger LCP Max Chambered in .380 is the leading candidate. But I prefer 9 mm since I don't own any other .380 pistols and don't want to be chasing yet another caliber of ammo :)

Thanks in advance.
The Ruger LCP is a fantastic small carry gun. Small and light and very easy to carry in summer clothing. But in my opinion, a manual safety is a must for a small carry gun so that rules it out for me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom