Guns you own (3 Viewers)

01207BE1-9F88-4CCE-ACED-A1BA4C9A07A7.jpeg
9F9DAF6C-6FDA-4AB5-9536-141880493E75.jpeg

Relatively new to the world of shooting. Handguns and automatic weapons pretty much can’t be owned by the general public here. Recently got my shotgun licence (4 months or so, start to finish). Guns must also be kept in a locked gun cabinet.

12 bore, 28” barrels, multi choke Webley and Scott over/under shotgun. British name, Turkish made these days. Delighted so far with it, only used for clays to date.

View attachment 137210 View attachment 137211

Relatively new to the world of shooting. Handguns and automatic weapons pretty much can’t be owned by the general public here. Recently got my shotgun licence (4 months or so, start to finish). Guns must also be kept in a locked gun cabinet.

12 bore, 28” barrels, multi choke Webley and Scott over/under shotgun. British name, Turkish made these days. Delighted so far with it, only used for clays to date.
So Cylinder on the top and Improved cylinder on the bottom?

"They" tell me that I need a gun (for hiking and snowmobiling way deep into the mountains -- protect against bears, cougars, etc). I think I'll risk it with out one. That photo looking down the barrel, that kinda seals it for me. I'll stick to barrels...of chips.

So Cylinder on the top and Improved cylinder on the bottom?

Had to google it as we've different names. Here it's quarter and half choke. I think that's improved cylinder and modified.

Impressive arsenal in this thread! Although Guns and Germany don't go very well together (despite the cute alliteration), I rendered a Walther PPK-L once :unsure::cool::whistle: :whistling:

Follow-up: Digged it out and rendered it separately.
walther-ppk.jpg

There's a myth over here regarding an expanded commandment for the U.S.: Thou shalt not kill - unless you reckon there was a rustling noise from the backyard ... :D

Follow-up: Digged it out and rendered it separately.
walther-ppk.jpg

There's a myth over here regarding an expanded commandment for the U.S.: Thou shalt not kill - unless you reckon there was a rustling noise from the backyard ... :D

Just to be clear, that is NOT a real gun, suppressor and bullets?

How are the super tucks ? I was considering getting for carrying.

Strongly recommend Dustin at Ozarks holsters... I’ve done a ton of research, and Ozarks was cheaper, and uses better materials. Each holster is custom make to order, and the customer service is out of this world (the way it should be).

The Supertuck is fine, but there are better options for leather and kydex.

The other holster in that pic uses thicker leather and has a layer of fabric sewn to the back for comfort. And it was cheaper than the Crossbreed Supertuck.

But it looks like they're not made anymore...

The Supertuck is fine, but there are better options for leather and kydex.

The other holster in that pic uses thicker leather and has a layer of fabric sewn to the back for comfort. And it was cheaper than the Crossbreed Supertuck.

But it looks like they're not made anymore...

Here’s the link to Ozarks, and my latest of his creations.

https://ozarksholstercompany.com/holsters/

F4BD146D-BE50-4762-A2F3-D4BFD300AD24.jpeg

Backside pic, please?

It’s horse Hyde. Better than cow imho. And it’s left rough on purpose to prevent slippage. Very comfy imho. The thickness is a Perfect balance of flexibility for comfort and firmness/rigidity for concealability and performance.

479D8CF7-91BC-42AB-8490-923F696CBB1C.jpeg
BDD8D7EA-228C-4E53-AE2E-BC4A443E8D58.jpeg

Ive talked with him on the phone several times, he explained that he is a master at Kydex, but also admits that everyone is a master at Kydex after doing it a few times. Dustin explained that the clips and leather used are paramount, and make a huge difference. Dustin explained that he uses extremely high-quality leather, Which he custom cuts based on the size and shape of the gun. Other manufacturers that are more production oriented, likely use cheaper leather hides that are pre-cut in small medium large, etc.

I've tried a couple of "hybrid" holsters. They just never suited me for some reason. I always find myself going back to straight kydex and this time i went with Squared Away Customs.

I've tried a couple of "hybrid" holsters. They just never suited me for some reason. I always find myself going back to straight kydex and this time i went with Squared Away Customs.
Happy Birthday! Hope you had a great day and it continues through the weekend!

Strongly recommend Dustin at Ozarks holsters... I’ve done a ton of research, and Ozarks was cheaper, and uses better materials. Each holster is custom make to order, and the customer service is out of this world (the way it should be).
Wow. More then half the price and looks just as nice. Thank you for the link. I know were 'I'm going to get my next IWB holster.

Anyone want to share their targets/groupings?

Three shot grouping. Roughly 3/4" at 200 meters off sand bags using a Remington 700 tactical 223 with a factory 26" SS fluted barrel. I always seem to shoot touchers and then the last shot opens it up.

IMG_20171202_123904.jpg

Three shot grouping. Roughly 3/4" at 200 meters off sand bags using a Remington 700 tactical 223 with a factory 26" SS fluted barrel. I always seem to shoot touchers and then the last shot opens it up.

View attachment 137586

Here is my latest target group shot.

9CB49B63-04B5-4F23-AA47-AFF3126E2B6A.jpeg

My group. Photo taken at Target.

Just to be clear, that is NOT a real gun, suppressor and bullets?

Looks like a legit Walther 380 to me. Not sure why the suppressor would be fake either . Some guys have them on airguns, etc., but my hunch is that these are in fact real. Legal to own in many jurisdictions.

View attachment 137586

Hard to imagine a fluted barrel heating up enough to move that third shot. Been a while, but if I recall there was another Remington model that had a 3rd shot flyer. Do you have that issue with other rifles?

Hard to imagine a fluted barrel heating up enough to move that third shot. Been a while, but if I recall there was another Remington model that had a 3rd shot flyer. Do you have that issue with other rifles?
Haven't sat down with others to know if it's me or not. But it's noticable in all my targets.

I could just get excited and pull it.

Ruger Super Blackhawk 44mag
Smith & Wesson 686 357mag
Ruger Single Six 22 "made in the 200th year of American liberty" model
Kimber TLE II 45
CZECH 52 single action 7.62

Browning Citori 725 Field - Over Under 12ga
CZ-USA Redhead Deluxe - Over Under 20ga
Winchester Super X - Pump 12ga

Blaser R8 Professional (two barrels)
--375H&H with Open Sights and Swarovski Z8i 1-8 Scope
--300WSM with Swarovski Z8i 1.7-13.3 Scope
Winchester Model 70 243 with Burris Fullfield E1 3-9 Scope
Winchester Model 94 30-30 with Open Sights

Lyman Great Plains Hunter 50cal Black Powder with Open Sights

Benjamin Marauder 22 air rifle with cp 4-16 Scope

Some of my favorites...
20171208_225628.jpg

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom