Guns you own (6 Viewers)

Already blew most of my stimmy...

PXL_20210325_041924383.jpg

REMINDER!

This thread exists outside of the political section. However, it has the potential to derail very quickly in that direction.

This thread is about guns, gun owners/collectors, and general gun related issues, BUT it can not devolve into political debate or discussion about gun control politics. I do get this is a concern right now, but please refrain from discussing politics in this thread. Members are more than welcome to visit the politics section if they wish to discuss this and other political issues.

We appreciate your help with keeping this thread outside of the politics section.

sweet stippling, can I ask what something like that set you back? seeing how it’s permanent, I’ve been hesitant to pull the trigger...

It's actually just stick on Talon Grips (the rubber version), love the things. They run around $20-25.

Built my 308 win lower this past weekend... well most of it, lost the front quick rlease detent somewhere in my kitchen/family room... wherever it shot off to.

Good thing they gave me a spare to shoot to the other side of the house... been a while since I built an AR. I usually build in a spot that I can retrieve springs that might go flying. That's what I get for rushing, oh well. Still have to wait for the upper I want to come back in stock anyways, so it's not like I can use it.

Newest addition, stock 870 Tactical that my step-dad picked up from a widow offloading her deceased husband's guns.

Seems like it's in great condition. Planning to add Magpul furniture, a +1 mag extension, and a sling/light. Likely an XS big dot sight as well.

PXL_20210424_224553501.jpg

Went to the range the other day, shot $250 worth of bullets in about 30 minutes... it was nice to practice, but replacement bullet costs are stupid (luckily I stocked up years ago so I really only shot about $60 in bullets, but alas I will need to replace the few hundred rounds becuase I hate being down any amount). Broke the trigger bar spring on my CZ P01, gave me a good reason to place an order at Cajun gun works for a new trigger kit. That order should be in later this week. I can't wait for a 3.5 lb cocked trigger pul and a smoother D/A pull.

Also a pic of my wifes 50 cal pistol she keeps in her bathroom makeup drawer (her place of refuge I guess). I carry this when I'm wearing shorts, I think of it more of a sight gag than real protection, but I could put an eye out.

852697C5-0374-4B3B-82CF-BC953BF8FD40.jpeg

Last edited:
Yes i own an FN - FNX45 Tactical! Love it, gets very heavy fully loaded. Question?
Basic stuff like that: how heavy? How’s the grip? Ergonomics? Reliability, etc.

I have a few .45s and I am thinking of downsizing to one and I appreciate the high capacity aspect but wondering what the cons are.

Appreciate any/all information you’re willing to share.

Thanks!

Basic stuff like that: how heavy? How’s the grip? Ergonomics? Reliability, etc.

I have a few .45s and I am thinking of downsizing to one and I appreciate the high capacity aspect but wondering what the cons are.

Appreciate any/all information you’re willing to share.

Thanks!
Unloaded its around 2 lbs, loaded not sure how much 15 rounds of 45acp weighs? Are you planning on shooting with a suppressor or with a Red Dot site? The gun overall is a Beast, feels great in the hand, runs/shoots everything even while suppressed. I did shoot it with a cool looking compensator from i believe Wolf. It didn't like that at all. Wouldn't cycle well with that. Other than that absolutely no issues and absolutely love the gun. Like i said after around 30 minutes to hour of range time with it, you will notice the weight! The only gun i like more is its smaller brother the FN-509 Tactical (9mm)! You won't be disappointed its a great gun but is pricey!

Reactions: BNM
Wait, what? ;)
You caught the joke there I see. I'm thinking of grabbing an older LCP 380 as my summer shorts gun, I did have one in the past, but got rid of it becuase it was for my wife and she claimed she only liked revolvers...yet she wanted the LCP 22 at a later date.

Unloaded its around 2 lbs, loaded not sure how much 15 rounds of 45acp weighs? Are you planning on shooting with a suppressor or with a Red Dot site? The gun overall is a Beast, feels great in the hand, runs/shoots everything even while suppressed. I did shoot it with a cool looking compensator from i believe Wolf. It didn't like that at all. Wouldn't cycle well with that. Other than that absolutely no issues and absolutely love the gun. Like i said after around 30 minutes to hour of range time with it, you will notice the weight! The only gun i like more is its smaller brother the FN-509 Tactical (9mm)! You won't be disappointed its a great gun but is pricey!
Unlikely to use a suppressor or red dot site, so not sure I need the tactical. Any issues with the grip? Specifically, how it fits and feels in the hand? I am sure the adjustable back straps help a lot but 15 .45 rounds is still substantial.

Thanks, much!

Unlikely to use a suppressor or red dot site, so not sure I need the tactical. Any issues with the grip? Specifically, how it fits and feels in the hand? I am sure the adjustable back straps help a lot but 15 .45 rounds is still substantial.

Thanks, much!
@SuckoutKing My main concern is the size/feel of the grip and then the recoil.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom