Guns you own (5 Viewers)

Pretty self-explanatory. Was there some mystery?

I have to say, I particularly liked the “don’t be this guy” reference. :D

Pretty self-explanatory. Was there some mystery?

I have to say, I particularly liked the “don’t be this guy” reference. :D
Ya. The sales clerk had a huge pet peeve about folks buying his ammo cheap and flipping it at gun shows a week later. I agree with him.

I had to assure him I was not that guy, and I actually have a legitimate use for all the ammo I purchased. The 5.56 will get used (mostly) in a rifle course in hoping to take this spring. Ammo was/is a major factor in getting into this course.

And the .22... it’s about all I can afford to shoot when me and my kiddos go to the range. They’ll go through 500+ rounds in a single weekend. :).

I also know 100% that my buddies who snagged .22 would never go to a gun show and flip ammo. It may take a bit, but that Ammo was for training and family plinking.

Ya. The sales clerk had a huge pet peeve about folks buying his ammo cheap and flipping it at gun shows a week later. I agree with him.
I think it's warranted, especially when he goes home all sad for the poor handicapped guy who got stiffed on his rifle ammo. :)

@Trihonda You know, I re-read your post and was laughing because I wonder if the clerk got confused. The 500 round cardboard boxes are shipping boxes with 25 "boxes" of 20 rounds. I wonder if his store-policy of 2 box limit was meant for the actual Winchester boxes and not half his entire stock of 50 boxes. That would be the limit here, not 1/2 case per customer. Good score!!

In my group of shooting friends, we cross-sell to each other at our cost or fair, non-gouge pricing if we find something or have extra stock. It's (still) a free country so I don't go nuts about folks selling what the market will pay. However I won't be buying at gun shows or from guys trying to push 9mm at $1/round or range brass for 4x what is normal. I am not short anything at present, but when I see any common ammo at a good price, I will pick it up asap before it disappears and just text the gang on what I picked up. So far I have not been stuck for a single round. I'm a big believer in "do unto others" and "pay it forward".

I just picked up a few K primers while visiting an acquaintance for a totally unrelated reason. One of those, "oh, you like to shoot, right? I have these primers stored away....". I am selling half to a friend of many years who has run out of a specific caliber he shoots. I flipped it to him for what I paid, which was sold to me at pre-shortage prices. It also helps that my favorite events these days (XTC, vintage rifle matches) don't eat up a fraction of what tactical/practical shooting (IDPA, USPSA, SASS, 3-gun) required.

I took my younger kids and some of their cousins to some Appleseed events in fall 2019 and early 2020 so thankfully stocked up on 22lr again right before the covid crisis expecting a lot of shooting. We can also easily consume a brick on a weekend.

@redeagle The shipping boxes contained two clearly marked boxes of loose 5.56. There was no smaller boxes inside. The clerk was clear with me that their limit is two boxes, that each box counted as one box, and that I could have the second box. it was a done deal until the wheelchair guy tried to insert himself into the mix, asking the clerk for the Second box, which I clearly stated I would take (thus fulfilling my two box limit). The clerk was left trying not to offend the wheelchair guy, who had just put him on the spot (customer is always right)... that was the only confusion and delay on the clerks part. The wheelchair guy was trying to make him feel guilty and appeal to his sense of fairness, or whatever (who knows).

In a different time, even if it was a steal of a deal, I’d have relinquished the second box. But given the current state of affairs, my need for the ammo, and odds of finding more at an affordable rate, I was going to hold onto the ammo. other than my willingness to Sparta kick his ass, I was actually quite polite with the guy :).

Ammo flippers, also? A flipper is a flipper i guess!

A flipper is a flipper i guess!

Nope. All different types.

This is a good flipper.
flipper.jpg

This is a bad flipper....
Flip-The-Bird-Finger.jpg

This is an employed flipper...
burger flipper4.png

And this is an ammo flipper....
ammo-flipper.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone know of a reasonable place to buy .300 blackout online? Everywhere is sold out near me.

Reasonable is a relative term in today’s market.

Both subs and supers can be found, but you’re gonna be looking at $1.50 or more a round for 300BLK. Check AmmoSeek.com.

nice! I’ve had friends try to talk me into a can.. but I just can’t stand the thought of my name being on some NFA list, which basically tells them I own stuff... as of right now, I’ve had background checks done, but no longer own anything.

I understand your concerns. I really do. Unfortunately, here in Colorado, you pretty much sign your life away when you become a CCW holder - and I struggled with that for years be for I decided to apply. The application process includes fingerprinting and signing "non-criminal privacy statements" in duplicate (one local and one state level - the latter authorizes the sharing of all your information with federal agencies), which means I am pretty sure they already know everything about me anyway.

The way I see it: I'm already on a list, and I'm fairly certain the gubment already knows about every single firearm I own... so what's one more accessory added on to the pile?

And I'm not going to lie... shooting without ear protection is a special kind of unique joy. :sneaky:

Last edited:
nice! I’ve had friends try to talk me into a can.. but I just can’t stand the thought of my name being on some NFA list, which basically tells them I own stuff... as of right now, I’ve had background checks done, but no longer own anything.
I’ve felt the same way. In PA they are supposed to erase all records of background checks after they are passed as a gun registry is prohibited. That said several of my LE friends and family have told me in the past those record can be had if needed. A defense attorney at my club also felt the same.....so they have a record if they want already...even if they aren’t supposed to.

i keep getting distracted but my intent is to SBR one of my AR pistol and get a suppressor.

Aren’t you a cop? And haven’t you purchased a bunch of guns lately? Your name is everywhere, paisan.

Aren’t you a cop? And haven’t you purchased a bunch of guns lately? Your name is everywhere, paisan.
Nope and nope... but I used to own a boat once... till it sank...

and for the record, purchasing a gun onlycreates a paper record of that transaction inside the specific shop... my LGS has assured me that they’d sooner have a crazy shredder accident than turn those over...

there is a background check done, but no transaction data on what specifically was purchased is kept. yes, they (the man) will probably deduce there is a gun or two in my possession ...

and for the record, purchasing a gun onlycreates a paper record of that transaction inside the specific shop... my LGS has assured me that they’d sooner have a crazy shredder accident than turn those over...

there is a background check done, but no transaction data on what specifically was purchased is kept. yes, they (the man) will probably deduce there is a gun or two in my possession ...
Hmm, somehow I previously got the impression that you were a gun-toter. Sorry about your boat, though. That’s bad luck.

Half of my guns I bought private sale- so those will be hard to trace- and with the private sale most of the time I tried not to even give my name. Handshake and see you later.

when I sell private, I get a signed bill of sale, carry permit and driver license photo - Figure I've done my due diligence

Pretty sure they're disclosing those records (the store "register") in Illinois if law enforcement comes inquiring.

Illinois law requires all sellers of firearms to retain firearm sales records for a minimum of 10 years (footnote 1). Sellers of handguns (other than manufacturers selling to bona fide wholesalers or retailers, or wholesalers selling to a bona fide retailer), are also required to keep a register of all firearms they sell or transfer. (footnote 2) The register must contain the date of the sale or gift, the name, address, age and occupation of the person to whom the gun was sold or given, the price of the gun, the kind, description and number of the weapon, and the purpose for which it was obtained. (Footnote 3) Such sellers are required to produce the register for inspection, upon the demand of a peace officer, and allow the officer to inspect the register and all stock on hand.(Footnote 4)

1. 430 Ill. Comp. Stat. 65/3(b)
2. 720 Ill. Comp. Stat. 5/24-4(a)
3. 720 Ill. Comp. Stat. 5/24-4(b)
4. 720 Ill. Comp. Stat. 5/24-4(c)

I think it gets bad for them if a FFL doesn't keep good records such that they can prove they did the check on the folks buying a gun.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom